NEurope
Dante

Lost Series 5

More and more, Lost is becoming one of those shows who's quality will forever be defined by how it will end... and I'm hoping it actually ends well, because I don't want to feel like I've wasted 6 years watching crap. As for this finale... unimpressed. A good episode on some parts (mainly Jacob/Locke) and a rather predictable one on the other parts (it ending with an explosion and nothing whatsoever happening during the whole two episodes in the 70's storyline). Meh.

I loved it, enjoyed every minute.

Jacob was interesting and seeing him meeting the different people was cool.

When the new guys opened the box for Frank I had a good feeling it was Locke, but couldn't figure out who or what the "other" Locke was, was thinking maybe the island doesn't bring the dead body back to life but creates a "new" one or something, especially given how there was nothing different in how he acted to make you think he wasn't Locke.... it wasn't till Jacob mentioned "loophole" that I figured it out.

The idea that the blackshirt guy at the start and the black-smoke monster are one in the same is nice and that he can take the form of dead people on the island, such as Christian and Locke... possible he also takes his memories too.

Also kinda explains how he knew when Locke would time jump in by the plane with the bullet and have Richard ready. PLUS gives more reason why he told Richard to tell himself that to bring everyone back he "would have to die".

A few things I can't figure out though,

1: if blackshirt guy/smokey is taking the form of Christian... what the hell did he want with and do with Claire?

2: Why does he want Jacob dead?

3: If the "loophole" was simply get someone else to kill him, why go to such an elabrote 5 year plan?

4: (This one is potentially a theory breaker or Script mess up) If this dude was taking the forms of both Christian and Locke... can he also be in 2 places at once? Cuz wasn't he appearing as Christian to Sun and Frank and at the same time Locke was with Ben?

5: Why was Jacob bringing everyone to the island to the first place? It seemed like he had a plan and knew their futures... but then why didn't he see Lockes future?

I thought seeing Rose and Bernard was cool, I was wondering what happened to them, didn't like the idea they might have been killed off screen without a proper send off... and someone mentioned maybe they are the "Adam and Eve" skeletons that were found, awesome idea.

My God I can't wait till season 6 and to finally get and ending with some answers, is there any indication when Season 6 is due to start?

I figured Jacob's enemy was the one that was going to have Locke killed. Locke was the only one who could request an audience with Jacob. Jacob's enemy told Richard to tell Locke to kill himself. Then he could transpose himself into Locke's body so that a) He had a human host and, more importantly, b) He could have leadship over the island people, the control of Richard and have a substantial relationship with Jacob. He mustn't have been able to kill Jacob himself, so Locke's relationship with the islanders was crutial, as he manipulated Ben to kill him.

Maybe he had control over Widmore to get the ball rolling with the commando team. I guess he had to get a leader to leave the island, die, then be transported back. Perhaps Eloise is involved, telling Jack to put his fathers shoes on Locke.

Edited by Chuck

If doppelganger Locke can only turn into people who's dead bodies are on the island, how did he become Walt?

I didn't say that. Just saying he killed Locke. Don't know how he managed to get his body. Something to do with the shoes.

what makes you say that it didn't cause the incident? There was no plane crashing before the bomb went off, was there?

Haven't read the rest of the thread but that was 30 years before the plane crashed.

We saw in an earlier season that the plane crashed when Desmond didn't press the button and the electromagnet-thing went mad, causing the plane to crash. There was certainly no nuclear explosion there.

Then in this episode, the same thing happened apart from they had no way to control it...

Anyway, that's just how I'm seeing things, that could be totally wrong obviously.

Edited by Charlie

Haven't read the rest of the thread but that was 30 years before the plane crashed.

We saw in an earlier season that the plane crashed when Desmond didn't press the button and the electromagnet-thing went mad, causing the plane to crash. There was certainly no nuclear explosion there.

Then in this episode, the same thing happened apart from they had no way to control it...

Anyway, that's just how I'm seeing things, that could be totally wrong obviously.

Ah yes! Of course :P I think it's me that got my wires crossed.

But I still think the nuke went off in the first incident, because they poured concrete over it... The past/present workings of the show annoys me because I find it tricky to decide which tense to use!

Mokong; which bit with sun and frank talking to christian, and which part with christian and claire? I can't recall the specific ones you speak of.

Well that was EPIC. Love it so much. Had to re watch bits of it to take it all in.

Never thought about that whole locke storyline. Pretty immense. Jacob can't be dead.....can he?

Jack's shooting skills were a bit mental too. How and why does a doctor know how to be such a rad gunslinger?

Edited by Platty

Just seen the episode, it was amazing but got am i confused right now... :S

What on earth did Jacob mean by 'they're coming' when he spoke to Loche at the end? And is that even Loche?!

Just seen the episode, it was amazing but got am i confused right now... :S

What on earth did Jacob mean by 'they're coming' when he spoke to Loche at the end? And is that even Loche?!

My post in the topic from a page back.

In the Bible, Jacob's brother, with whom he has a tenuous and sometimes antagonistic relationship, is named Esau.

The person “Jacob” appears in Hebrew(Torah), Christian(Bible), and Muslim(Qur'an) historical texts. In all three historical texts, Jacob is considered a “holy man.”

During Biblical times, many gods were worshiped and to differentiate the Jewish god from these various other gods, he was referred to as the "God of Jacob".

Jacob was the patriarch of what became the 12 Tribes of Israel, people chosen by God to be "set apart" and special.

'they're coming' - Losties returning to 07.

Hmm, possibly dante, but i think its also about the 'good guys' that are currently outside with mr alpert. The bastards

Also, did we ever find out what happened to the people the others 'snatched' in the first few episodes of the whole programme? The children especially as they went looking for them and couldn't find them?

Also, did we ever find out what happened to the people the others 'snatched' in the first few episodes of the whole programme? The children especially as they went looking for them and couldn't find them?

Well the people who were snatched seemed to be better off for it and actually happy (or brainwashed). Plus the lists of the people were made by Jacob who seems to be the good guy in all this. There was a brief scene back in season 3 where the air hostess, who was one of the first to be captured, walks by either Sawyers or Jacks cage and is all like "I don't want to escape" or something. Also seeing Claire in 'others' gear she seemed happy too though she was with Christian who I believe to be Esau

i dunno if any one else thinks this, but im under the impression richard is some one from anchient egypt. the eyeliner was always a clue to me, but the "what lies in the shadow of the statue" bit was certainly fule for my fire.

Well to be fair he isnt actually wearing eyeliner, thats just the actors eyes but it is possible. Especially since his real name is apparently Riccardus or something similar.

Well to be fair he isnt actually wearing eyeliner, thats just the actors eyes but it is possible. Especially since his real name is apparently Riccardus or something similar.

im sure ive seen him in outher things, and his eyes looked normal, were as there is clearly some sort of eye liner on him in lost (my mates refered to him as eye liner guy for a while)

Jack's shooting skills were a bit mental too. How and why does a doctor know how to be such a rad gunslinger?

Steady hands for the OR? :heh:

i dunno if any one else thinks this, but im under the impression richard is some one from anchient egypt. the eyeliner was always a clue to me, but the "what lies in the shadow of the statue" bit was certainly fule for my fire.

Sounds plausable and yeh I think it is eyeliner... but I got the impression from that episode that he was from the Black Rock which we saw come to the island. It seemed liked aside from Jacob and the other dude they Black Rock brought the first bunch of people to the island.

When you consider that Loche has been dead all season long and it's been Jacob's enemy using his body all this time, it makes you realise how f*cking brilliant the script is.

Like when he told Richard to pick the bullet out of Loches leg and tell him he has to die...he's saying it so Loche will kill himself and he can use his body to find the 'loophole'. Genius.

What is interesting though is we don't exactly know why Jacob let himself die so easily? Maybe he knew that the bomb would go off and everything would reset somehow and he'd still be alive..? And just who is the good guy and who is the bad guy out of Jacob and his enemy?

Goron_3, you forget, the bomb going off MAY be what was meant to happen. I mean with Dr. Chang losing his hand like that, it is obviously a predestination paradox. It was all going to happen. I sincerely doubt anything has reset

When you consider that Loche has been dead all season long and it's been Jacob's enemy using his body all this time, it makes you realise how f*cking brilliant the script is.

Like when he told Richard to pick the bullet out of Loches leg and tell him he has to die...he's saying it so Loche will kill himself and he can use his body to find the 'loophole'. Genius.

What is interesting though is we don't exactly know why Jacob let himself die so easily? Maybe he knew that the bomb would go off and everything would reset somehow and he'd still be alive..? And just who is the good guy and who is the bad guy out of Jacob and his enemy?

Perhaps the loophole wasn't a loophole and Jacobs just pretending to be dead for teh lulz.

Goron_3, you forget, the bomb going off MAY be what was meant to happen. I mean with Dr. Chang losing his hand like that, it is obviously a predestination paradox. It was all going to happen. I sincerely doubt anything has reset

I've always thought that the bomb going off was the incident though, which just confuses me even more about Jacob being so willing to die.

Eugh. So i assume everyone is thinking along the lines that the smoke monster is indeed Jacob's enemy?

I've always thought that the bomb going off was the incident though, which just confuses me even more about Jacob being so willing to die.

Eugh. So i assume everyone is thinking along the lines that the smoke monster is indeed Jacob's enemy?

Yaar, would add up considering the black smoke, when it took the form of Alex, told Ben to help Locke in everything no matter what.

Although that said, fake Locke did seem surprised to hear Ben tell him about Alex saying that...