NEurope
Daft

Fallout 3

After a break playing through this I did a bit more stuff today, now at level 18and I have basically got insanely high skills for big guns and small guns. (The Fat Man now does 1180 damage or something ridiculous. My friend bought oblivion the other day so once he's done with that I may have to try it.

Yet my speech and sneak skills are still in the 20s.

my speech was pretty high, it made it easier to be good when you could talk people out of evil rather easily.

i didnt do much with big guns mind, hardly used them.

What is everyone's favourite perk here?

Mine is the bloody explosion one - makes people blow up in a mess (as well as doing 5% more damage) - WIN

The animal friend one I like too, even when it is only useful occasionly.

i liked the mysterious stranger, it saved my arse a couple of times.

i loved lawbringer, just for the picture of pipboy cowboy.

Aw I want that mysterious stranger perk! Is it just a normal man that mullers your enemy in one shot?

Oh yeah and what does everyone think about Fawkes? I think he's one of the most badass characters created. He basically does the work for you and eats lead for breakfast.

Aw I want that mysterious stranger perk! Is it just a normal man that mullers your enemy in one shot?

Oh yeah and what does everyone think about Fawkes? I think he's one of the most badass characters created. He basically does the work for you and eats lead for breakfast.

the mysteriours starnger is like a dick tracy privae eye, he appears at random and unloads 6 rounds of his magnum into anything you attack, ive never seen it fail to kill in one or two shots.

fawkes rules, but i love dogmeat more, even if hes useless.

Ok so I have a game busting bug please can anyone help, its on the Waters of Life mission, I will spoiler tag it for anyone who has not yet done it;

Ok so I have just gone back to the control room after all the stuff you have to done for your dad and run back and he is stuck inside with no way of getting in.... According to the IGN FAQ;

Regardless, Dr. Li won't have much to say, so all you have to do is watch the cutscene ensue with the glass surrounding your father, the Enclave colonel and some Power Armored Enclave troops stopping you from interjecting. After killing one of Dr. Li's assistants to show just how serious he is, the colonel seems to have convinced your father to agree to hand the project over to the Enclave.

The thing for me is there is no assistant I have tried leaving the room and coming back and nothing. I have even gone back to a previous save and done the whole section again...clearing the area of super mutants and then all the missions getting the fuses in and mainframe back online etc... and then the enclave, gone back and the same has happened again...

Ok so I have a game busting bug please can anyone help, its on the Waters of Life mission, I will spoiler tag it for anyone who has not yet done it;

Ok so I have just gone back to the control room after all the stuff you have to done for your dad and run back and he is stuck inside with no way of getting in.... According to the IGN FAQ;

The thing for me is there is no assistant I have tried leaving the room and coming back and nothing. I have even gone back to a previous save and done the whole section again...clearing the area of super mutants and then all the missions getting the fuses in and mainframe back online etc... and then the enclave, gone back and the same has happened again...

that is strange, all i can think is travle back to an earlier save, when you tell li to go to project purity, when walking, keep up with them and make sure the lab assisstants are there too.

that is strange, all i can think is travle back to an earlier save, when you tell li to go to project purity, when walking, keep up with them and make sure the lab assisstants are there too.

Here is a video of it I have uploaded onto youtube...I've tried a previous save from when I went down to repair the pipes...may have to go further back which is really fucking annoying!

anyway here is the vid, how it ends is where it stops and won't move on from;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xzKmZTggGxE

sorry for poor quality only way could get it to upload off...other quality setting was too big in file size!

So I am stuck can walk all the way around but can't get out of the memorial obviously...My last save outside is still back at Rivet City so thats something but just annoying to lose those hours and have levelled up!

Well the dud should shoot the woman and your dad should consequently set of the radiation. Then Dr Li should talk to you and you should escape with her. Thats what should happen, but your dialgue has become stuck.

Well the dud should shoot the woman and your dad should consequently set of the radiation. Then Dr Li should talk to you and you should escape with her. Thats what should happen, but your dialgue has become stuck.

So is my best bet to go back to Rivet City and make my way back there again and do it all....sigh....

Im sorry about that man, don't know what to suggest... Glad I had no problems during my run-through.

Im sorry about that man, don't know what to suggest... Glad I had no problems during my run-through.

It really sucks...I have lost all enthusiasm for what is an incredible game...Up until now I have not had any problems...but 20 hours in to get such a galling bug is a real kick in the teeth and now I will be playing it worrying the same will happen....

If it wasn't on the main quest it wouldn't matter as much....

Anyway I've got one last save file that is one and half hours (I flat out refuse to go any further back than that) previous to try and see if it does the same. I fear it will, went back half an hour and an hour and both them produced the same glitch...

@ flameboy... are you literally walking with the scientists from Rivet City to the Jeffereson Memorial or did you quick jump to it? I think i did a quick jump and had no problems

I walked! Anyway went way back through my saves and managed to get one up and running and get past it thank god!

Managed to get going had to go 2 hours backs in saves and finally found one that let me carry on past this point. Still really annoying though and has now lead to me saving non stop pretty much...

What's better...This or Oblivion?

I may pick one or the other up. Obviously, Oblivion is cheaper yet I have no idea what either title is really gonna be like. Seen reviews but just seems to be like a FPS action adventure game, questing for random folk all of the time.

Sound about right?

I may pick one or the other up. Obviously, Oblivion is cheaper yet I have no idea what either title is really gonna be like. Seen reviews but just seems to be like a FPS action adventure game, questing for random folk all of the time.

Sound about right?

Both are good buys in their own right, but Fallout fixes alot of issues that Oblivion has/had imo. That said, I bet I could still go back to oblivion and still enjoy playing it.

Sound about right?

oblivion is bigger, more too do, more of an epic feel. fallout is an improved engine, better in most ways.

id recomend oblivion now, fallout later, oblivions flaws will be less obvious and the game more enjoyable.

oblivion's side quests are way better. fallout's combat is much better.

both are great to explore.

Dunno why but I've still never gotten into this fully. Something about it which is just not drawing me in.

My mate has oblivion, but am enjoying it, he really likes oblivion too.

You'll be happy either way.

Started playing this last night, played a bit more today and i gotta say, im bored.

Anyone wanna buy/trade it off me?

Started playing this last night, played a bit more today and i gotta say, im bored.

Anyone wanna buy/trade it off me?

:shakehead

:blank:

level 19 at mo just found a ghoultown building near the washington monument dunno how ive never been in there before :o ...new quest to do in there as well w00p