Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Planet Nibiru - The 10th Planet

Falcon_BlizZACK

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt1Yo610lG0

It is people like this that make me extremely sceptical about anything involving Conspiracies.

And while this 9th planet may exist, I'm not gonna believe it until I see evidence that isn't from some youtube video trying to be all mystic with the creepy music etc.

The reason I believe Jupiter exists is because so do the scientists who have credibility.

Did King V really say that Jupiter didnt exist? :blank:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King V, as much as I agree with your logic, you gotta keep a connection to the Earth. Sure, we can't even be sure of our own existence (The Matrix, anyone?), but in the end there's not much we can do about it. It's fun to speculate and discuss, but when everything has been said we can't do much else than live our lives as well as we can. Sure, I may be a brain in the vat, but life goes on for me whether it's "real" or not, right? I guess I have some Cypher in me: "Ignorance is bliss." :heh:

LOL... How do you even know there are 8 planets out there? How do you know we have a planet Jupiter in our system? You only know, because you were told. Just think about that carefully. As an infant, you only knew what your parents told you... Until you knew for yourself.
I actually rather believe the mainstream media, than a dodgy YouTube movie about some linguist's mind fart - the guy deliberately misinterpreted some Sumerian texts to get attention, after which other people start mislabeling photos of dwarf planets to convince people. I don't understand how you can doubt stuff like the 'mainstream media' and not question incredibly stupid stories like this, have no knowledge of the story's background and then speculate about it without showing much insight in the subject matter.

You really should be watching less X-Files or take less drugs if you believe conspiracy theories like this. Paranoia isn't good for you. Being cricitical is good, trusting no-one isn't.

having an open mind is good, but this is just retarded.

so this planet is ment to have housed the anunakke (ive seena little about that on discovery before) yet it spends most of its time further away from the sun then pluto, a planet cold enough to freeze methane. life could not be supported there, its a simple fact.

iom not convinced a planet could follow that orbit either, though my physics is crap.

as was said eariler, nasa are not the only people with telescopes. through a reasonable telescope people can view much further then the closest star to earth, its a very big hobby and yet one one has found any conclusive evidence for this planet.

as for the sumalians or who ever beliving in it, well, the egyptians bellived in a giant god called noob who was the night time sky. that dosent mean its any more reasonable to belive that theres a giant paintied like the sky so we can see stars at night.

all in all, this os one of the more retarded conspiracy theories ever, not quiet the level of flat earth thearoists (if you are one, jam a knife in your eye now!) and the crazy one about the us government and british royals being decendants of dinosaurs. (if you belive that, get help)

Oh dear, clearly because some poorly made videos on Youtube are telling me conspiracies in Star Wars text, the scientific establishment as we know it is a thread of the wool pulled over our eyes by big cooperations everywhere.

Seriously, this is silly. Yes, we take information about such things for granted, but that's because academics are interested in truth, and if you really don't believe them, feel free to do some research and find out what leads them to their conclusions, and then decide for yourself. Of course, this is likely to be difficult and complex, which is why most people leave it to others who really enjoy doing it, but to reject the beautifully reasoned hypotheses of modern science for some bullshit that an idiot has knocked together to scare people is frankly an insult to the scientists who dedicate their lives to finding out more about the universe.

LOL... How do you even know there are 8 planets out there? How do you know we have a planet Jupiter in our system? You only know, because you were told. Just think about that carefully. As an infant, you only knew what your parents told you... Until you knew for yourself.

Same thing here, you are being spoon fed your information by organisations and politicians who have a whole heap of secrets and tell a good deal of lies... regularly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no different, I only know what i have been told but I still realise we are not being told EVERYTHING about everything. The fact is so-called planet Nibiru has some history to it is intriguing enough - forget the doomsday aspect for a minute. Ancients have noted it, a few thousand years later, some experts are noting it... Who knows. You don't have to care; get high, get drunk or whatever.

But the fact that you just DON'T know, shouldn't make you think its not possible. (to everything in general).

You don't know Jupiter exists?

Erm, you are aware that the people who study these planets are cosmologists, they don't work secretly for the government and try to hide secret infomation. If they discover something they're obviously going to take credit for it aren't they? What we know isn't because of the mainstream media (it helps info get round for sure), it's through scientific work and evidence.

Oh and btw Jupiter is 300 times the size of earth it's not exactly the hardest thing to prove exists lol.

Guys! King_V is cleraly into the whole "I think, therefore I am ... but as for everything else, how can I truly know if they exist or not?" school of thinking. It's quite powerful to think this way but, as DCK said, dangerous to wobble too close to the paranoia side of things.

I agree that there is no way we're always getting the 100% honest truth from the media, or the government. They operate 'in our best interests' which is why nobody ever turned round and went "well shit, iraq isn't going so well - sorry we went in teh first place! Shit, I got all these people killed. Sorry about that too! I guess I'll step down and let some other, equally honest, person take my place, yeah?"

Just watch the news and all you get is some 'factual' account of an event which does nothing but dehumanise, villainise and alienate people in the news stories that are more about entertainment than information. I mean who needs to know half the news on TV? Isn't most of it just something to talk about to people down the pub? I mean it's not like there's much we can do about it anyway.

There was a picture taken years ago that won some-sort-of-best-image-ever-of-the-year competition thing. It was about some refugee camp in africa someplace, and basically there were all these skinny black guys standing at a chickenwire fence looking very solemn. Everyone thought "wow, these guys have it harsh" and then a few years later someone asked the question "... but which side of the fence are they on?" ... and how can you prove either way? It's only a small point... Well how about when there's some court case, and you get the reporters standing outside the courts... when in actual fact there's nobody in court that day? Sure, it's just for context, barely a white lie! But just... just thinking about the information we receive is important.

Meh, etc.

well, just because not everything the govrnment tells us ios a lie, doesent mean everything they dont tell us is true.

some people belive the earth is hollow, and advanced races live inside each layer. each layer has its own internal sun.

brown and bush haven't mentioned this, yet im still in the belife it isnt real.

You can pick up a telescope and look at it.

But how do you know that you are actually looking at Jupiter? It could be a hallucination, an illusion, a model hanging just a few miles above you.

How do you know that we are real? :heh:

He's not saying that it does or it doesn't. He's saying that we don't know. Just like we don't know anything for certain. Not even our own existence.

But it's other people who have gone through that process. You and I haven't. So we only "know" what they tell us.

That is such a stupid way of thinking though. I mean, I've never seen my best friend naked, does that mean that she could actually be a guy?

Tell a physicist that Jupiter doesn't exist and he'll laugh his head off. You realise that like if Jupiter didn't exist Earth would have be destroyed a LONG time ago right? Obviously you've got to trust other physicists work and research to believe a lot of what we consider scientific fact, but if you just simply take King_V's line of thinking you're missing out on, well, a lot.

Yeah but that's really not the point. The point is that they aren't always honest with us. Isn't that, like, a rather fucking massive thing?

not really, those in power always seem to lie to their people, church, goverment, teachers, parents, every autority figure will lie/hide truth for various reasons, some to portect us, outhers to protect themselves. i think its become commonplace, and the norm, indeed, a truly honet polatition would be a very strange thing.

just because we dont always get the precise details about reasons for war (which is a big problem btw) dosent mean that the government is hiding details like an alien planet that will destroy us from us.

i mean, your parents probebly told you at some point that a pet or elderly realative had gone away on holiday or somthing after they had died to save your young self from the grife, or they would tell you santa existed to make you behave, dose that mean that your parents are also hiding the details of your emaculate conveption to a virgin womb?

That is such a stupid way of thinking though. I mean, I've never seen my best friend naked, does that mean that she could actually be a guy?

Tell a physicist that Jupiter doesn't exist and he'll laugh his head off. You realise that like if Jupiter didn't exist Earth would have be destroyed a LONG time ago right? Obviously you've got to trust other physicists work and research to believe a lot of what we consider scientific fact, but if you just simply take King_V's line of thinking you're missing out on, well, a lot.

I never said Jupiter didn't exist. I said we don't know with absolute certainty that it does. How do you know the Earth would have been destroyed? Because you were told so?

*waits for the fish to come and talk about teapots*

But how do you know that you are actually looking at Jupiter? It could be a hallucination, an illusion, a model hanging just a few miles above you.

I think it would be almost impossible to hang a model there given that Jupiter can be magnified and looks far too realistic. Also, the model would have to move in relation to our viewing point, meaning you'd have to have some orbiting satellite or so with a big cut-out attached to it. :heh:

Lastly, you could measure the size relative to the distance of the planet against nearby stars to see it is considerably larger than they are. I don't think this 'it's all a lie' line of thinking is reasonable since we have learned so much through science, and the ones with this line of thinking think this way because they are not the scientists themselves, doing the research.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!