NEurope
flameboy

Bioshock 2

Well, play.com still haven't shipped mt special edition yet and for some reason they've dropped the price of it to £40. Odd... Hope I get it on time though!

Just had a despatched confirmation Email from Zavvi, hopin it in time for weekend!

I will put money on it having not been despatched they have a habit of sending you them way early or even when they are out of stock.

Just decided to check my pre-order with shopto for the LE edition, it is now coming with a little figurine of a little sister! Wasnt there the other day!

Can't complain with no price increase! :)

i ordered with game, so im exdpecting it on monday possibly saterday if im lucky.

im trying to stay totaly unhyped for it, as recently hype has let me down alot.

I have zero excitement for this game, dunno why cos I loved the first. Unlike with ME2's universe I just don't feel the need to revisit rapture.

Still working through the original at the moment, i'm hoping to get it done in time for the 2nd title. Also have the original Gears still to beat as well.

I have zero excitement for this game, dunno why cos I loved the first. Unlike with ME2's universe I just don't feel the need to revisit rapture.

I feel the same! I loved the first yet I'm in no hurry to get the second. I'll probably pick it up cheap at some point but it hasn't even occurred to me to pre-order.

At least with the sequel I was hoping something would happen outside of Rapture and finding out that it's not has killed most of my excitement...

Just gonna wait and see the reviews before I get excited.

So yeah, I checked with play.com, they now have the LE in stock and it should be shipped today. However, according to the person I was talking to, they'll still charge me £70, even though my account says it's now £40, so I was advised to cancel my order and re-order it. WTF?!!!

Thing is, this edition is going to be extremely limited and I'm realy worried about losing out on getting it. I'm sure they'd charge me £40, as they'd get into trouble for overcharging me, right? What do I do?

EDIT:

Cancelled it with play.com, ordered it from Zavvi instead. Fuck play!

Edited by CoolFunkMan

So yeah, I checked with play.com, they now have the LE in stock and it should be shipped today. However, according to the person I was talking to, they'll still charge me £70, even though my account says it's now £40, so I was advised to cancel my order and re-order it. WTF?!!!

Thing is, this edition is going to be extremely limited and I'm realy worried about losing out on getting it. I'm sure they'd charge me £40, as they'd get into trouble for overcharging me, right? What do I do?

My experience is telling me that the person doesn't know what they are talking about, and u will get charged whatever the price is when they start to process the order (which of course doesn't happen till the game is in stock).

I have never known a situation where u would have to cancel ur order and re-order it just to get the lower price!

If u did decide to cancel it and re-order then as long as the game says its 'in stock' u should have no problems getting it.

Cheers for that! Though I decided to cancel with play now, being as they're service has really gone downhill. I've now ordered the LE from Zavvi and it says "Awaiting stock pick". hopefully I'll have more luck with them.

9.1 over at IGN.

great stuff...i'll have to go on media lock down seem as I'm not picking up the game until 15th but nice to see its getting good scores.

My copy got shipped from ShopTo today, any chance I will see it on Monday?

I would say there is a chance but i wouldn't hold my breath with it being dispatched on a saturday.

I however am certain i will not see my copy from ShopTo till Tuesday as they have charged my account but it is still a pending order. They seem to have upgraded my delivery through to courier at no extra cost (prob just to make sure it does turn up on Tue)

Ooh! Looks like mine will arrive today - the tracking service says that it's on the driver's van.

Well, I got my special edition of Bioshock 2 from Zavvi (yays for Zavvi! :grin:) However, upon installing it and trying to activate the game, it says I can't activate it yet because it isn't out. Arses. Looks like I'll have to wait till tomorrow...

woo mines at home, wont have chance to play it tonight because the girlfriends comin up :'( ARGGGH WOMEN!

woo mines at home, wont have chance to play it tonight because the girlfriends comin up :'( ARGGGH WOMEN!

Have you learned nothing from Bioshock!

A man chooses! A slave obeys!

The detail in the special edition is wonderful. My only dissapointment is that the game case is a standard one. Although I suppose it's so it can fit alongside your other ones.