NEurope
flameboy

Bioshock 2

Also:

-Only one Big Sister (Mastermind of game)

I expect (and hope) that this isn't true, and that there's something behind the Big Sister.

It's a brave move not having Big Daddies and I suppose it tells us that they're really trying, and not just cashing-in.

Also:

I expect (and hope) that this isn't true, and that there's something behind the Big Sister.

The GI info that i had post page back was'nt true.

6678620090313_222758_0_big.jpg

6678620090313_222758_1_big.jpg

The real info:

Summary: You're a Big Daddy, and you get to use the drill and rivet gun. And you can use plasmids too. You can take little sisters from other Big Daddies and take them around Rapture to collect ADAM like you see happening in BioShock 1.

It's 10 years since the first game. The Big Sister returns to rapture, bringing back the Little Sisters with her. You play as the original Big Daddy. You can use the drill, the rivet gun, and you can still use plasmids.

Little Sisters have been given a new look to be less creepy, as you're seeing them from the eyes of their protectors. You don't get your own Little Sister from the start, as you're a renegade Big Daddy. So you fight other Big Daddies to get your own sister. You can still harvest them, but the other option has been changed to "adopt" instead of rescue. If you adopt the sister, she'll ride on your shoulders, and you can go around Rapture looking for corpses for her to collect ADAM from. When your sister goes to harvest ADAM, a wave of Splicers will come and start attacking to try and harvest her. You have to hold them off until she finishes harvesting. You gain some ADAM from this, but not enough to tide you through the game. You can permanently rescue them, but the article doesn't say how.

The Big Sister is one of the surviving little sisters from the last game. She's the new ruler of Rapture, and is the main antagonist of the game. With each Big Daddy you kill, the game lets you know how close you are to incurring the wrath of the Big Sister. When you do, the little sister you're with will sing a song about how the Big Sister doesn't want you playing with her, then you get jumped.

The Big Daddy drill takes the place of the wrench. Can spin, but overheats so you can't run it constantly. You can do the Big Daddy charging shoulder bash. You can heal your hacked turrets/camera bots. Incinerate upgrades let you throw fireballs and shoot a stream of fire. Cyclone trap can be hit with incinerate and become a flaming cyclone trap. Upgrade trees are more diverse to give you more unique options.

It says they'll think twice about attacking you on their own, but if they're in groups they'll tear your shit up.

More info on big sister: "The Big Sister will always be a desperate, desperate fight...She can find you wherever you are, so you have to prepare for the fact that the hardest thing in the game is on the scent."

She's fast, stabs you with her ADAM needle, then uses TK to suck in all the stuff in the room as a shield, then launches it at you.

We get to see how ADAM gets extracted from Little Sisters for distribution.

You walk around on the sea floor outside of Rapture

Addendum: Vita Chambers aren't back in the same way as they were in the first game, but the same mechanic exists. Can be turned off.

Game is supposed to be scarier than BioShock 1.

Other info:There is confirmed multiplayer(no details), audio logs are back, and Fontaine Futuristics is a level in the game.

Edited by Dante

I stopped reading half way trough, it felt like I was reading too much about the whole game...

I feel like I´ve been spoiled.

Hopefully it isn't as slow as the last section of the first game.

hmm, interesting to see that they are trying something different with the second one. Different ideas etc. It will have alot to live up to though... I loved the first one. :)

So from that it's saying the only guns are the rivet and the drill? No more rocket launchers etc?

My worry is that there aren't really any human characters.

So from that it's saying the only guns are the rivet and the drill? No more rocket launchers etc?

That article doesn't mention any other guns but i would imagine there will be! (i hope)

My worry is that there aren't really any human characters.

I also hope there will be. Would feel abit empty without a bit of variety. Maybe there planning some kinda twist? Maybe Ryan isn't really dead etc etc...

I also hope there will be. Would feel abit empty without a bit of variety. Maybe there planning some kinda twist? Maybe Ryan isn't really dead etc etc...

Kudos to him if he survived my golf club to the face. :heh:

What happened to that Doctor lady in the end? I forget.

I think she left with you and the Little Sisters (Good Ending).

Don't know if i'm too found of what I hear, but you have to give them kudos for trying such a completely different system.

Kudos to him if he survived my golf club to the face. :heh:

lol, i just have a weird feeling he had a vita chamber that we never knew about just for his body at another location. I felt he died too easily... I also found it suspicous that the vita chamber in his office was turned off.

I agree with cube, i'm pretty sure she did leave with u.

I agree with daft - more 'human' elements will be good. But the idea of adopting a little sister should help a little. I also agree with cube - that last bit in bioshock where you had to protect the little sister was one of the weakest parts of the game. I'd much rather play as the little sister to be honest :P

And how is it that you play as the 'original' big daddy? What about those 'Rose' versions? Will you be as slow as you were at the end of bioshock? I'm glad the view isn't fishbowled or limited, too.

Oh... I have to say my expectations for this have plummeted.

I was originally pretty optimistic about the game as I knew that Jordan Thomas was at the helm, the guy responsible for the truly exceptional Shalebridge Cradle level in Thief 3 and Fort Frolic in the original BioShock. Both of those took delight in making the player feel vulnerable and paranoid, but for this game we're going to be stomping around as a Big Daddy with a drill for an arm?

I'm not saying this will be a terrible game or anything, but they seem to be taking it in pretty much the opposite direction to what I'd have liked. Still, perhaps my interest will be piqued again when more details emerge.

Oh... I have to say my expectations for this have plummeted.

I was originally pretty optimistic about the game as I knew that Jordan Thomas was at the helm, the guy responsible for the truly exceptional Shalebridge Cradle level in Thief 3 and Fort Frolic in the original BioShock. Both of those took delight in making the player feel vulnerable and paranoid, but for this game we're going to be stomping around as a Big Daddy with a drill for an arm?

I'm not saying this will be a terrible game or anything, but they seem to be taking it in pretty much the opposite direction to what I'd have liked. Still, perhaps my interest will be piqued again when more details emerge.

I know I sort of feel the same. I'm slightly concerned this wont have the same atmosphere as the last one, and that was perhaps the best part of the game.

Just read the GameInformer article and I'm convinced that this will be great.

You're a prototype Big Daddy. You're still strong enough to carry their weapons, but you have much less armour and can use plasmids (at the same time as using guns, too).

Ah, so the old guns are still in it? Or at least, similar stuff. It's not limited to the drill and rivet gun?

Ah, so the old guns are still in it? Or at least, similar stuff. It's not limited to the drill and rivet gun?

It said that you can still use them, but they're not as good as the Drill and Rivet Gun. It wouldn't surprise me if there were a few more Big Daddy guns, too.

First footage this time tomorrow on GameTrailers, who's excited?!

Yeah I am they have been billing it up loads as the first time you get see a Big Sister in action!

Seen it, doesn't look that different. Probably a lot of situations where you have to protect the little sister whilst she's drains someone, the type of gameplay I don't like. I'm really meh about his.

I'm just going to try and avoid info about this.

I was never interested in the first one and I kind of get the same feeling here. I bought it a couple months after it came out, for really cheap and it blew me away.

Liking how both hands are out at the same time, so no messing around with switching from plasmid to gun and back. Small thing but should make it alot easier.