NEurope
flameboy

Bioshock 2

Personally I don't want to see a sequel but I'd love to see a prequel. See Rapture being built, completed, opened. I'd love to then see it falling apart.

Yea, there's a lot of important events described in the audio tapes that I'd like to see.

that is a pretty good teaser. sorted out some information from there

year 1967, so its not in the future, like some surgested. if im correct (naturaly i am) bioshock took place in 1959/60 the girls age being 7 means she could not have expereienced rapture at time of the origional game, and that she must have been a baby when it happened.

also, the cross on irland, i asumed the kidnapping happened there but the newspaper article seems american.

my thoughts? more little girls will go missing, they were little sisters.

Some people thought it would be in the future? How strange.

I expected this or a sequel. I was hoping for the latter.

that is a pretty good teaser. sorted out some information from there
year 1967, so its not in the future, like some surgested. if im correct (naturaly i am) bioshock took place in 1959/60 the girls age being 7 means she could not have expereienced rapture at time of the origional game, and that she must have been a baby when it happened.

also, the cross on irland, i asumed the kidnapping happened there but the newspaper article seems american.

my thoughts? more little girls will go missing, they were little sisters.

I don't think that there were many babies (if any) in Rapture at the time of the first game, so the kidnapped girl probably has nothing to do with Rapture. I think that the girl was kidnapped so that she could be altered to harvest Adam.

The date isn't really surprising - The Little Sister in the trailer looks around 12-14 and they look around 7 in the first game.

Edit: It's definitely Ireland. The newspaper article mentions "Liscannor" - although I'm guessing that they'll be adding more reports of missing girls from all over the world.

Hmmm, this "preview" is intruging. I'm guessing that there's the possibility another Rapture-esque nightmare just off the coast of Ireland then. Interesting.

Oh, and I got my subscriber issue of PC Gamer through the post. They say that they're going to preview Bioshock 2 in the next issue, which is on sale April 9th. I'm guessing we'll hear more about it around then.

Blah. I just don't know if they can make it as good as the first one. The plot twist with Atlas was brilliantly constructed, they'd need something new and fresh that keeps the storyline feeling original and not a replacement of the first. Hope they don't cock it up.

I have faith in this because the guy who designed Fort Frolic (the highlight of the game imo) is directing the whole thing this time round.

I have faith in this because the guy who designed Fort Frolic (the highlight of the game imo) is directing the whole thing this time round.

That can only be a good thing. Well, it certainly gives me high hopes for this anyway.

Also, does anyone else think that it might not be set in Ireland? There's plenty of other countries on the map, and I'm sure that there'll be more news clippings from other locations.

Blah. I just don't know if they can make it as good as the first one. The plot twist with Atlas was brilliantly constructed, they'd need something new and fresh that keeps the storyline feeling original and not a replacement of the first. Hope they don't cock it up.

This is my concern as well. Hopefully this one has a slightly better ending.

I liked the ending. I hated the awfully edited FMV movie. It was really badly implemented.

It might be my internet sucking but I can only see the map, the notes have gone.

OT: I was skimming the new posts search function and read this topic as "Bioshock 2: Sea of Dyson..."

No, I don't know why.

gi_bioshock2.jpg

Game Informer's April cover confirms what Kotaku readers already knew: Big Sister will greet gamers when they land in BioShock 2's Rapture later this year.

The cover shows off the new creature, which we described as an amazonian version of the Big Daddy, wearing similar, though svelter, gear. The image depicts a Little Sister riding on the back of the Big Sister in a sort of papoose cage.

The story behind the Big Sister and what sort of role they or it will play in the upcoming game will likely be revealed both at this month's Game Developers Conference and perhaps in the latest Game Informer which promises 10 pages of coverage.

http://kotaku.com/5167756/first-image-of-bioshock-2s-big-sister

They look interesting but it'd be nice if they did something other than just jump around and be faster, which is what I suspect is all they will be, It would be nice if they kind of just moved differently. The druggies in Rapture already jump around manically. It would just be a bit dull if there was a Big Daddy version that did the same.

GI Info:

-You play as Jack Abbott

-Game takes place in 1967, 7 years after the original

-A cutscene starts the game off In New York City as Jack intercepts the Big Sister kidnapping his daughter in his beachhouse. He follows it to the near by shores as it submerges into the water.

-Mark chases the Big Sister with his boat, and follows the bright red light it makes underwater.

-Mark fires a gun at the Big Sister and pisses it off, causing it to wreck his boat, causing Mark to black out.

-Only one Big Sister (Mastermind of game)

-Big Daddies are no longer in the game, but new enemies include dogs and soviets

-Completely new levels of Rapture, including a fully explorable zoo.

-Underwater exploration levels.

-Squid Boss battles

-New weapons and plasmids (Including a telepathy and time control)

-Challenge maps

-2 Player co-op. (No mention on who second player is)

-New Health and Revival System.

Has anyone played much of the system shock games? I've played a small bit of 2, and even a 4-player online co-op :P That was set in the future so it doesn't surprise me that this is set when it is...

But does it look good? Fuck. Yes. This game is oozing with potential. Will we see a ruined rapture? Any old faces? Definitely on the watchlist!

-Big Daddies are no longer in the game, but new enemies include dogs and soviets

Dogs? I hate fighting dogs.

No Big Daddies? Lame.

The rest sounds promising though.

Disappointed by the lack of Big Daddies, but I guess story wise it would be weird for them to still be around.

Also hope the co-op isn't going to take away from the isolation the first game was built around - perhaps a seperate co-op campaign or even just in multiplayer "Mercenaries" esque modes.

No matter what they do with this game I'm almost certain to buy and love it, though.

gi_bioshock2.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5167756/first-image-of-bioshock-2s-big-sister

They look interesting but it'd be nice if they did something other than just jump around and be faster, which is what I suspect is all they will be, It would be nice if they kind of just moved differently. The druggies in Rapture already jump around manically. It would just be a bit dull if there was a Big Daddy version that did the same.

For me this is crucial and the image does give this kind of image that perhaps the big sisters will be more dynamic in their movement, jumping around and climbing walls etc...

GI Info:

-You play as Jack Abbott

-Game takes place in 1967, 7 years after the original

-A cutscene starts the game off In New York City as Jack intercepts the Big Sister kidnapping his daughter in his beachhouse. He follows it to the near by shores as it submerges into the water.

-Mark chases the Big Sister with his boat, and follows the bright red light it makes underwater.

-Mark fires a gun at the Big Sister and pisses it off, causing it to wreck his boat, causing Mark to black out.

-Only one Big Sister (Mastermind of game)

-Completely new levels of Rapture, including a fully explorable zoo.

-Underwater exploration levels.

-Squid Boss battles

-New weapons and plasmids (Including a telepathy and time control)

-Challenge maps

-2 Player co-op. (No mention on who second player is)

-New Health and Revival System.

Only one big sister and no big daddies? No worries because we have a far more worthy enemy...dogs...sigh..:shakehead

Disappointed by the lack of Big Daddies, but I guess story wise it would be weird for them to still be around.

Also hope the co-op isn't going to take away from the isolation the first game was built around - perhaps a seperate co-op campaign or even just in multiplayer "Mercenaries" esque modes.

No matter what they do with this game I'm almost certain to buy and love it, though.

Yeah I think I would perfer a serperate co-op component. I don't want something that wrecks that unique atmosphere.

It just needs to be how co-op used to be done - no change to singleplayer and a Faceless Joe appearing as player 2 when you play co-op.

Definitely. I absolutely love co-op but if this had it I probably wouldn't touch it. Although if there is a lame AI partner, I probably would.