N-Europe

X-Factor 2008

Slaggis

Bit strange that they have picked Hallelujah.

If Diana gets a record deal (im sure she will) I fully expect it to be on her album/b side single at least.

But to have it as the winners song is just welll hmmmm. JLS singing it would be interesting.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah no doubt, I would be too.

I like Diana, I really do but don't think it's fair at all.

Anyway as for the song itself I think Jeff Buckley's version is a hell of a lot better than the original by Leonard Cohen. Just hope who ever wins doesn't butcher it as the song (Jeff Buckley version) has a lot of meaning for me from my past and would hate to see a "Diva" screamy voice all over it. :(

Jeff Buckley Live

Originally the winning song was going to be "Born To Try" by Delta Goodrem (who is amazing in every respect).

That would've been alot better, because now all we're going to hear is the sound of people knocking one out over Jeff Buckley.

When will everyone realise the Rufus Wainwright version is better.

Song Choices (Britney song)

Diana - Not a Girl Not Yet A Woman - Cliche, and also. If they are going with an obvious choice, why did they not choose "Everytime"?

Alexandra - Toxic - I love it (Apparently with 14 "sexy" dancers and lots of general 'slutyness')

Eoghan - Sometimes - Burn in hell

Ruth - I Love Rock n Roll - Meh. So obvious.

JLS - Hit Me Baby One More Time - Will either be utter shit, or fantastic.

The rumoured "American songs" are Diana with "Just Like a Pill" or "Beautiful", Eoghan with an HSM song, Alex with "Crazy in Love", Ruth with "Heaven" and JLS with "No Air"

Also, Miley Cyrus will be opening the show with "7 things" (God, help us all) and then Britney will be performing during the results.

I don't think I've seen the video, but the song always reminds me of Catwoman in Batman Returns. Apart from that, the song is shit.

Video

Bollocks, out of all of Britney's singles, "Toxic" is hardly one that can be called "Shit". It's a fantastic piece of pop music. People just seem to dismiss it because it's a Britney song.

I'm only interested in the In The Zone / My Prerogative songs.

Do Something and Toxic are win.

Do Somethin' is hilarious. So utterly over the the top/terrible. However bad it may be, I do enjoy listening to it.

I don't think I've seen the video, but the song always reminds me of Catwoman in Batman Returns. Apart from that, the song is shit.

I remember I had the album, and before it was a HUGE single, I thought Toxic sounded like "a superhero song".

I think it's the dynamic strings. The video uses this superhero thing too.

I don't give a shit if it's a Britney song. It's still a shit piece of pop music.

I would argue, but I see there's no way of changing you're mind. You're utterly wrong.

Anyway, looking forward to Alex singing it. Though how she's going to make the high bits sound good is anyones guess.