N-Europe

X-Factor 2008

Slaggis

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only liked Cheryl's girls; Diana and the one who performed last. Those two have good voices, especially Diana, so i hope one of them wins. Girl Band are awful, i hoped Bad Lashes would get through, at least they have a good name and some style.

Didn't watch the Peter Kay thing. Seems utterly ridiculous. It might be funny to some people but i just see it as a real step-down for Cat Deeley. She has built a good reputation for presenting real shows, and now she's doing this crap? Bad move in my opinion.

Didn't watch the Peter Kay thing. Seems utterly ridiculous. It might be funny to some people but i just see it as a real step-down for Cat Deeley. She has built a good reputation for presenting real shows, and now she's doing this crap? Bad move in my opinion.

Clearly the irony was lost; it was ripping the shit out of the joke that is X-factor and everyone was taking part. I particularly liked how it shat on the 'sympathy vote' - you know, how in the show they normally tell you a load of 'sad' stuff about a person despite it having nothing to do with their singing.

Clearly the irony was lost; it was ripping the shit out of the joke that is X-factor and everyone was taking part. I particularly liked how it shat on the 'sympathy vote' - you know, how in the show they normally tell you a load of 'sad' stuff about a person despite it having nothing to do with their singing.

Yeah, lots of other people I've spoken to didn't get the irony either. The sympathy vote, Neil Fox's massively exaggerated analogies, the News of the World or similarly trashy newspapers unearthing devastating truths, etc. :heh:

"With or without Chewwwww!"

Lol, she's just utterly mesmerising. Her rendition of Hallelujah was brilliant.

There's just..something about her voice.

Anyway, I'm not paticularly looking forward to this week. Michael Jacksons songs aren't really something that interests me. :heh:

There's just..something about her voice.

It's an "ok" version of a very commonly found type of voice in music nowadays. Obviously you haven't been exposed to it a lot. One of the current most famous would be Cat Power, for example.

Ok so I admit I watched it on Saturday night as we had a night in.

To be honest if that Diana Vickers doesn't win it's a travesty. Yes there are others who are good, but they sound all the same. The same that has gone before and the same as the original artists who sang the songs. Not saying that's bad but it's getting boring.

Now Diana, she is making songs her own with her amazing voice and it's about time there was someone like her in the final. If she doesn't win there is no shadow of a doubt she will get a contract.

What a great voice. Her version of with or without you was amazing and I would buy that.

It's an "ok" version of a very commonly found type of voice in music nowadays. Obviously you haven't been exposed to it a lot. One of the current most famous would be Cat Power, for example.

I've heard Cat Power a few times, especially "Sea of Love" after I bought the Juno Soundtrack, but I still think Diana's voice has a quality about it that just makes it utterly mesmerising. Then again, it could be more down to getting to know her through the series.

I forgot, did anyone think dannis 'have you got a girlfriend?' comment to the irish boy of 16 was a bit outrageous?. Or just me.

OMG! Lol yes.

I was like....thats....hes....wait. That surely can't be...acceptable.

Also I loved how after ...Alex is it? After her song and everyone was like "wrong song choice" Danni had blatant guilty tears in her eyes, that she knew it was a shit song choice (which it was....I like the song though) anyway yeah...blates.

I didn't see who went but i had a feeling Girl Band would go. They were a joke, and so is Louis Walsh. JLS are alright, but still, he's cocked up with his choices.

Cheryl has the best of the lot and i want one of hers to win, hopefully Diana. The whole show was a bit shit though. I was expecting some good tunes being Jacko night but it was all melodies. So lame.

I hope either Rachel, Diana or Ruth win. They're fantastic!

I was the only one out of my friends who liked Rachel's version of 'Dirty Diana' and Diana's 'Man in the mirror'...breath-takingly brilliant. I hope either one of these win. That 40-odd year old guy has been dreadful for the past two weeks, someone vote him out!

Oh yeah, and I thought it was rather pervy of Dannii asking that Eoghan whether he had a girlfriend and her giving him 'the look'. Still I laughed and said 'Oh no she didn't!', lol.

All the girls (+ Rachel and Ruth) are the best thing in the competition.

My favourite is Rachel, not in terms of voice, but just because she actually knows what kinda music is listened to these days, and isn't afraid to not just play the dull ballads. She's the antithesis of Eogghjehn Quiggmire, or whatever his name is.

Can I be the first to say

WHAT THE FUDGE

Why did they get rid of scott? I'm sorry, but that guy has used the story of his wife dying every single bluddy week. Yes, it's tragic, but he can't rely on that to forge a career. Sweet jesus, there's no chance of him winning so why did they keep him in?