Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

"New Play Control" Games!

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeeeeeeeees! I mean, I'm still kinda pissed by this range, but since Pikmin 2 on GC is ridiculously rare and expensive - have to get this... which is sad in a way.

I thought you sold your Wii ages ago?

Anyway, Pikmin 2 is the one for me. Chibi Robo too, possibly. Would have got Jungle Beat if they'd left in Bongo support. I may add, none of those games I owned originally, so don't do the whole "you're letting Nintendo rip you off" thing again. This range was never really about 'making' people buy the same games they already own - it's about giving an opportunity to the tens of millions of new customers who never had the chance first time round.

Anyway, Pikmin 2 is the one for me. Chibi Robo too, possibly. Would have got Jungle Beat if they'd left in Bongo support. I may add, none of those games I owned originally, so don't do the whole "you're letting Nintendo rip you off" thing again. This range was never really about 'making' people buy the same games they already own - it's about giving an opportunity to the tens of millions of new customers who never had the chance first time round.

I did, but Tellyn choir-boyed me into wanting it again... I am intrested in the possibilities of this range though, and 2009 is looking good. I also want to give Moto GP and Pro Evo a shot.

Yeah, shame people dont realise that thats what its for

Yeah, shame people dont realise that thats what its for

In most cases, I agree. It's just another chance for people to play these games with the benefits of the new controller.

However, porting old sports games just doesn't seem right (Mario Power Tennis...and I'm certain we'll see 1080 Avalanche and Wave Race Blue Storm on "Play on Wii").

Still..at least Nintendo are making it overly clear that you're buying an old game. They could have just used the other side of the sleeve if they wanted to.

Yeeeeeeeees! I mean, I'm still kinda pissed by this range, but since Pikmin 2 on GC is ridiculously rare and expensive - have to get this... which is sad in a way.

Pikmin 2 is great, King V. I won't be buying either, as I had them both on GameCube and they're sort of "exhausting" games to play again, but I do recommend the 2nd one.

In most cases, I agree. It's just another chance for people to play these games with the benefits of the new controller.

However, porting old sports games just doesn't seem right (Mario Power Tennis...and I'm certain we'll see 1080 Avalanche and Wave Race Blue Storm on "Play on Wii").

Yeah, I agree with that. Sports games shouldn't be classics. They should be completely superceded each generation. Still, it's harmless for those who want them.

Personally, I will probably buy Chibi Robo and Metroid Prime 1+2. I would also buy Wind Waker, but I'm not sure that or Super Mario Sunshine would be possible without the GameCube controller.

I must admit I was very, very sceptical about these rehashes, leaning towards the 'Nintendo can't make any new IP's anymore, so they are reprinting their GC-games on Wii-discs, jada jada jada'. Then I saw Pikmin on the shelves, and refused to buy it... until my girlfriend made me buy it (Yes, manly men, she didn't buy it for me. She made me buy it. With my onw money. =p). Anyway, it gave me a RE4-feeling. Once you had a go on the Wii-version, there's no going back. Why, even the RE5-demo made me crave for the Wii-remote.

So while I still have the feeling it's a bit cheap to remake GC-games, for such a low price, and with such good additions, I must bow my head and say I was wrong. It's a good thing after all, and a good introduction to 'proper' games for all those minigame, Diego/Dora, Fun4All, Popcorn Arcade- buying 'new gamers'. Let's just hope they take the bait.

And it's nowhere as bad as Harvest Moon. Now that's a GC-game on a Wii-disc with tacked-on gesture-control! They even forgor to change some of the tutorials to reflect the Woo-buttons. ;) Oh, Natsume, when will you learn.

Do this games get any small graphical updates? I remember Pikmin 2 had some difficulties on the GC.

You get true 16:9 display, 50/60Hz and EDTV. Don't know about the issues mentioned, though. It's possible. The official comment is that there are graphical improvements, but it's unclear wether these refer to the abovementioned additions or not. But I gather the game still run on the same, non-optimised engine (not sure about this, so prove me wrong if I am), so I'm not sure about things like framerate-issues.

Were you looking for a good reason to pick up Metroid Prime ‘New Play Control’ whenever Nintendo of America decides to release it here? Perhaps the inclusion of the achievement system found in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will entice you. It has been confirmed that this feature is available in Metroid Prime ‘New Play Control’, but it’s not as robust as what was found in Corruption.

Also worth noting, the Hard difficultly is available right from the start this time around. Now you can hop in and get a bit more change from the very beginning. Also, the Fusion suit makes a return as one of the unlockable elements that you can achieve.

Source: GoNintendo

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!