N-Europe

Valhalla Knights : Eldar Saga

Dante

Marvelous Entertainment has announced Valhalla Knights : Eldar Saga for the Wii in the latest Famitsu magazine. This Action-RPG with Wifi Multi (coop) play is due for release next year in Japan. The game is 70% complete.

- 60 quests in Vestoria universe.

- Battle system in real time, action oriented.

- Customization of your character.

- Coop mode via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

73761520081001_085412_0_big.jpg

• 6 months later...

It really looks great. I mean from what this is about and what I can see from the pictures.

However, I hope the scans aren't to good because the pictures somehow seem to be like covered with "dust". Actually, I can't describe what I mean but I am pretty sure it is because of the scan quality.

A timely bump for this thread as I'd read some Valhalla info t'other day:

In this week's issue of Famitsu magazine, Marvelous Entertainment unveiled a few more details on Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga, the first Wii game in an action RPG series that's been PSP-exclusive up to now. The title will go on sale this summer in Japan, although no formal US release announcement has been made.

As before, Eldar Saga is set in a world populated by a variety races, from human to dwarf and halfling. The hero (which is one of those strong, extremely silent JRPG types that you get to name) begins the game stumbling into the Lost Woods nearby the elves' homeland, where he's saved from doom by a fetching elf named Orphelia. From there, he embarks on all manner of adventures, with quests unfolding pretty much as they did in the PSP games. Wi-Fi support is in the works, allowing two players to co-op their way through the missions (including some online-only ones).

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173752

Oh, online co-op? This has just moved up my list of wants. I personally don't think it looks overly good but the online co-op is a nice feature.

Yeah, I'm not sure about how the graphical aspects of it (have you seen how it looks on the PSP? :shakehead) but if it turns out well enough, a good co-op action RPG could be pretty tasty. :hehe:

I saw the top picture in the second page of those scans the other day and thought it looked interesting.. then I went to investigate the PSP versions and the game looked horrendous in the videos, enough to make me extremely cautious about this game!

However, I still look forward to discovering more..