NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Who Would You Like To Meet?

I'm just on youtube and looking at all these interviews with music stars, in particular Noel Gallagher, who is a man I've truely admired ever since I was a Young_LiNk.

So, who would be five people you would love to have the chance to meet? For the sake of argument, lets say that it is still possible to meet these people, so lets only count living people for now.

For the sake of argument (the sequel), lets say that these are "celebrities" and not people off this forum. We'll save that for another thread.

Personally, I'd name these five.

1. Noel Gallagher - an absolute legend in my book. I'm so fascinated just listening to him speak, as he is not only a quality musician and singer, but a great lad, too. Very, very intelligent, and knows so much about music in the past up until now.

2. Peter Hook - from Joy Division and New Order fame, he is the real hero from that band, imo. My friend had the chance to meet him, and she said that he was such a true gentleman. A great bassist, and from what I've heard, an allround top man. I'd love to meet him. :)

3. Dave Grohl - You can tell that I love my music. I just want to know how one man can have such an amazing career, staring in 3 of the biggest bands that the world has ever seen. I also want to know what exactly was going through his mind when he came up with Everlong for the very first time. :)

4. Sir Alex Ferguson - This is one man who had his critics a few years back, but then he bounced back in superb style, and has just been at the top ever since. There's always a chorus of people asking him to leave or when he'll retire, but he just keeps doing a superb job and doesn't look like he's going to be dethroned at the biggest club in the world anytime soon.

5. Arnold Schwarzeneggar - Purely because I want to tell the man what a huge impact he's had on my life with his films. I love pretty much every film he's stared in, and he has so many incredible one-liners that it is truely unbelievable. Fucking awesome.

Can we at least try and not be filled with hatred and vile? Surely theres people you wish to meet because you'd like to meet them for positive reasons. In fact im going to go as far as saying if people keep going on who they'd like to meet to maim, mangle and "kick the shit out of" then I'll just ban them from the thread. Im sick of the negativity that keeps creeping up in (mostly Flinky's) attempts at positviity. Theres already enough threads to express your hatred out there.

Aaaaaanyway;

1) Joss Whedon. I'd like to pick his brain. Not entirely sure what it would contain, or if it would be safe but would be good to try. I think I could just sit and hear him spurt off ideas, and it'd be fun to bounce them back and forth.

2) Kristen Bell. From what I gather of candids and impressions etc she would be a lot of fun just to spend a day with doing all kinds of hyjinx. Then we could go rescue dogs together. Fun times had by all.

3) Hayao Miyazaki. Similar to Joss Whedon (although a translator would need to be in tow) a chance to explore someone's weird and wonderful brain.

4) Nate Reuss. I'd start with "Why did The Format split up!?!" and then probably lead to "At least make sure Fun tours the UK okay?" Clearly a man whose experienced a lot of pain and happiness and writes songs I love.

5) Steve Jobs. Not because I love Apple (I like their products but am no way in love with them) but more because like him or hate him he's a great businessman. And I'd wish to learn some of his tricks and business approaches. Could come in handy in life. (Plus a free tour of the Pixar studios would be nice)

I queued behind Dave Grohl in a tesco in London once, was a tad surreal but I wouldn't say it counts as meeting him.

Owen Wilson. We'd have mega fun.

Phil Lynott RIP. One of the greatest songwriters ever.

Adam and Joe. It'd just be a hoot to hang out with them.

I know dead people aren't allowed but I'm going to ignore that for the first one since I'd really love to have met:

1. Hunter S. Thompson

Is he as crazy as the image he puts out? Did he actually take any drugs when writing Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Basically I'd love to meet the man who has had more influence on me than anyone over the past 5 years.

Ok, back to living people.

2 & 3. Daft Punk (Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo)

Daft Punk are the soundtrack to my life. I didn't really listen to music until I discovered them. If HST influenced me over the past 5 years of my life, Daft Punk managed to cement over the cracks of incredibly bad parenting and raise me for the past 15 years. I'm not sure where I'd be without them.

4. Frank Lampard

I think he is an absolute legend and I pretty much think the world of him. There isn't much point in me explaining this one since everyone hates him. That is part of the reason I like him so much though.

5. Castro

A million reasons I'd want to meet him. One of them would be wanting to know what it was like having constant assassination attempts on his life from America. Plus he is about to kick the bucket and I'd love to meet him before that happens.

1) Noah Wyle. One of my favourite actors, who was responsible for most of the greatness on my favourite ever show, plus he's a top guy.

2) Vertical Horizon (Matt Scannell). A band that's music helped me through a lot of dark times a few years ago, and that continues to inspire me. I'd also find out what's the hold up with the new album.

3) Michael Phelps. The guys a legend. A great role model for kids who maybe didn't fit in and struggled with school.

4) Henrik Larsson. Was my god growing up, one of the best players in the modern era. I even got dreadlocks to be like him.

5. Joe Satriani. The first act I ever saw live and the guy responsible for me learning to play music.

1 - Johny Depp

2 - Oda (One Piece)

3 - Heath Ledger (which is impossible)

4 - Kappei Yamaguchi (For his great performances as a Seyuu)

5 - Morgan Freeman (the guy rulls, period)

Leona Lewis- Obvious reasons, I have a huuuge schoolboy crush on her. She's very good looking, has a great voice, and from what I've seen, has a brilliant personality.

Tony Blair- You either love him or hate him, and I love him. I think he was a brilliant prime minister, who had values and morals.

Arnold Schwarzennegar- Flinky's got me thinking. This guy is a legend. I'm sick and tired with people saying he can't act- he may not be the best at acting, but when his characters are as entertaining as they are, who cares?

Jesus- I'd like to ask him a number of things, like whether or not he's the Son of God, whether the Gospel writers exaggerated his story, and whether or not he foresaw the coming of Muhammed, as Muslims believe he did.

Shigurur Miyamoto- I'd like to tell this guy just how much time I've needlessly wasted on his addictive videogames, and how much they've impacted my view on life.

1. Keira Knightley

2. Jun Natsukowa

3. Noemi Lenoir

4. Hayden Panettierre.

5. Heather Graham (but about 10 years younger)

I like Masse's idea of Oda but I have to learn a whole new language first!!

Picking 5 people is quite tough for me but I'll have a think.......

1. Sarah Michelle Gellar - I adore Buffy, and I think she's really cool in general

2. Bruce Dickinson - He's such a strong character and I'd want to chat with him about all the travelling and tours he's done and I'd really want to meet Steve Harris too because he really is the core of Iron Maiden!

3. Steve Irwin - I was so upset when he had his accident :( I always wanted to meet him, he's so inspirational to me, I know I'm not meant to say people who aren't still with us but I really would have loved to have met him so much, sorry!

4. Anthony Stewart Head - I've met him and was so scared I made a fool of myself jabbering at him but he was amazing and he was having such a giggle with/at me :) I wanna see him again and be all brave and have a normal chat! (I don't like him because of Little Britain!)

5. Raphael - yep the TMNT, he's sooo cool and I want to hang out with him and kill some bad guys with his Sai, he's jus so moody I lov it!

Actually that wasn't hard at all, there's a few more folk I'd like to meet thinkin about it!!

lol, Nami.

Well, i'm already learning Japanese, also, i think he knows English, so no problem.

Such a long list, Audrey Hepburn for one, Marilyn Monroe, Vivian Leigh, Shirley Temple and Michaella Marabella just for starters.

1. Paul McGrath - God exists, and it's him.

He couldn't train with the squad due to his badly injured knees (he was practically a cripple because of them), plus he had to battle with his own personal problems. But he would still go out on that pitch on matchdays and outplay everybody else. Aston Villa's greatest ever player bar none.

2. Martin O'Neill -

If he was to bring just one trophy to Villa Park, I wouldn't want to just 'meet' him; I'd want to kiss him over and over and over.

The man has changed Aston Villa. We used to be a mediocre mid-table side with no ambition. Now, we're in the UEFA Cup and are in the process of building an awesome side that can play entertaining football.

But he couldn't have done it without -

3. Randy Lerner -

The owner of Aston Villa FC. The bloke who gave £65m to Doug Ellis in exchange for the Midlands' best football club.

He is definitely committed into bringing the good times back to Villa. Not only will he put his hand in his pocket for the gaffer, but he also has a Villa tattoo on his calf.

4. Dave Grohl

Grohl is awesome! I love the Foo Fighters and he is a proper Rock Legend. Plus he is a very nice bloke.

5. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

I don't exactly know what I would say to him, he has probably had loads of people practically begging for him to fully return to the WWE.

Does anybody else wish that his movie career would take an unfortunate turn, so he would have no choice but to return to wrestling?

1. Marty Feldman, the comic genius died in his prime. He helped come up with the Four Yorkshiremen joke, and was so funny in Young Frankenstein.

2. Sophie Howard, as she is HOT.

3.Charlie from Busted! Fightstar; I think he was brave to quit the boy-band thing and try and follow his dreams, especially considering his new demographic mostly hated Busted.

lol... All I can think of :)

I guess you have to be wary of the old warning to never meet your heroes. Putting that aside:

1. Oscar Wilde

2. Stephen Fry

3. Jello Biafra (former Dead Kennedys lead)

4. Mark Kermode (film critic)

5. Steven Merchant

1. Bruce Dickinson - He's such a strong character and I'd want to chat with him about all the travelling and tours he's done and I'd really want to meet Steve Harris too because he really is the core of Iron Maiden!

1) I'd like to meet Bruce aswell. He just seems like a nice, normal bloke you could talk to. I went to see Iron maiden in 2006 at Sheffield arena, twas good. And he's from Worksop aswell isn't he?

2) John Frusciante - Amazing guitarist and song writer.

3) David Hewlett (AKA Rodney McKay from Stargate)

4) Jack Black - Mainly because he's a funny bloke.

5) Charley Boorman (Long way Round/Down) - I imagine he would have many a story to tell.

Flinkington would it anger you if I told you I have met two of yours? well I use met loosely.

I was walking up charing cross road towards tottenham court road end and who did I see walking towards me? Noel Gallagher. I had to kinda move out of his way to let him walk past me and said "Noel" he said "yeah" I said "ermmm I like love your music" he said "ok thanks man" and walked on. Damn I was like a LITTLE GIRL!.

I met Sir Alex back in 90's when I met most of the united team back then, Cantona, Hughes, parker to name but a few. Got all their autographs. So depends what you justify as met but it was more of a hello can you sign this? yeah sure. Done.

i like this!

btw j7, i agree with you on Charlie, it was a really brave move to do what he did (plus its was self financed too and cost alot). Plus he's produced to great songs, especially Palahniuks Laughter.

anyhoo, moving on... my actual 5 people to meet:

1) Stephen Fry. For so many reasons - witty, interesting, intelligent and seems genuinely nice.

2) Douglas Adams. Creator of one of the great 'trilogies' of all time, but a very mulitfaceted character, with really diverse interests. Plus, like Fry, a major geek/technophile.

3) Noel Gallagher. Awesome man. Should have some good stories, plus I can bask in his wonderfullness. TBH not sure if we'd have too much in common though - i think he'd think i'm a posh twat, but oh well.

4) Regina Spektor. She seems lovelly! plus if the conversation starts to get dull I can just ask her to sing for me.

5) Hmmm... I am struggling by this point. Henry VIII would be very interesting, so would Hitler. But Tina Fey is wonderfull. But then Boris Johnson and Jeremy Clarkson are sensible, interesting people. And, sorry to copy everyone, but Dave 'nicest man in rock' Grohl would be really interesting to talk to.

However, on the few ocassions when I have been able to meet famous people who I respect I have generally just mumbled things allong the lines of 'mmm... hum.. thanks... for um.. you know, all those great books/songs/etc you have done... I really umm... like them...'

TBH, I'd rather not meet celebrities, I'd get too nervous. Though, perhaps I'd like to meed a certain Ex-attorney (You all know who I'm talking about) just because I think I might be able to argue against him better than the people who've done it on news casts.

There are only a couple of famous people I'd like to meet. They are (in no particular order):

Morgan Freeman - A fantastic actor. I always enjoy watching his performances and it's strange to think he's only won 1 Oscar. Would be a great priviledge to meet him

Al Pacino - Another fantastic actor. Would like to ask him about that speech in Any Given Sunday and find out whether it was scripted or not (I'm guessing it was but who cares. It was so phenomenal).

Carlos Santana - In my eyes, he is the greatest guitar player ever. I'd love for him to teach me to play guitar the way he does.

Dave Grohl - The good guy of rock and roll. Always been a fan and just think it'd be interesting to meet him.

Wayne Gretzsky - He was the reason I started to play ice hockey when I was younger (I no longer play because I don't have the time).

That's all I can think of at the moment. And that's probably all I'd wanna meet. I've met Beyonce but lets just say I was very underwhelmed by her presence. There is a lack of females on this list but then there really aren't that many I'd wanna meet. Perhaps Amy Lee, Hayley Williams and Tarja Turunen but that's about it.

Whoever said Owen Wilson, hell yes! He's awesome!

Ahem..

1) Owen Wilson. He's awesome!

2) Seth Green! He seems like a really nice guy, and he's so awesome! Robot Chicken / Without a Paddle FTW. And Family Guy :D

3) Bill Murray. He seems like an awesome guy too, and funny :heh: I'd just love to talk to him!

4) Bruce Willis. Fifth Element. End.

5) Eric Idle. He's always been my favourite Monty Python, (closely followed by Michael Palin and John Cleese.) and I've always wanted to meet him.

And that's about it! I've just realised all of mine are men..

Frankie Boyle, for smashing political correctness in the face, and being damn funny too.

Jim Carey, for being (IMO) different to other actors by not being afraid to look like a complete fool. His 'squirming' around (a difficult thing to describe) in Liar Liar was a classic, as well as some of the other films. The Truman Show...ah yes.

David Mitchell and Robert Webb, two very funny guys with some great ideas. Peep Show is a gem, and some of the sketches in their other show are fantastic.

John C. McGinley and Zach Braff. The former more. As Dr. Cox he delivers rants that are obviously more than just reading lines, rather adding his own acting skill and facial expressions into the mix. And Zach Braff as JD...he's just crazy.

Dominic Monaghan, just for the lols.

I'd love to meet EEVILMURRAY from these forums. He's awesome, can only imagine the awesomeness is amplified in real life. Same with a few other forumites, MoogleViper, Dan Dare, jayseven, Jordan, bluey, Villan, R_A and of course the legendary Mokong. I'd also like to meet Rokhed briefly, I think it'd be good fun, I have a lot of respect for the guy. Would like to shake his hand (assuming he'd washed it first :P) and have one of those sandwiches he claims to be good at.

Away from N-E? I don't know really. Would love to meet Eoin Colfer, he's my favourite author since I was a child and I love the Artemis Fowl books. I'd also like to meet Stephen Fry, James May, and Arnie. I dunno if I'd be able to have a conversation with him though, the accent might get to me before Ive even said hello :D

rosa parks, as i respect her so much

guy who stood in front of the tanks at tienaman square. anouther big respect.

steven fry as the man is closer to a god then god himself

shigsy. one of the few artists id really like to have a chance to talk with. id also have a quiet word about wii music, tell him its gone to far.

any one of the men from the st nazaire raid. id like the chance to bow to any one of the men. true courage and heroism from so amny.