NEurope
thirtynine.

Google Chrome

That little comic really goes on and on and on yellingzo1.gif

But it certainly sounds intuitive :) I'll keep my eye out and I'll be checking it out when it's available.

Here are some screenshots that were up for a bit at google's chrome page (which was also taken down).

google-chrome-screenshot.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

calendar.jpg

tabs.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

I'll test it out as soon as possible (hopefully in 50 minutes). Although from what I've heard it's designed more for a replacement to IE than something vastly customisable like Firefox.

Sounds brilliant - the sad tab thing is a great idea, it's infuriating when the whole damn browser crashes thanks to one tab...

http://tools.google.com/chrome/?hl=en-GB

Ready for download.

Using it right now. Not sure it'll sway me from Firefox (mainly because of AdBlock).

Edit: Ark! No Middle Click speedy scroll thing!

It looks very nice, though.

I'm also not liking the lack of a homepage. I'd much rather use a single homepage with bookmarks along other stuff (emails) then my most commonly used sites.

Edit2: Nevermind, found the option for homepage.

Started using it now...not sure about it, I do like the page view it seems brighter..but FF has extensions, I like extensions, until something like Ubiquity is released for Chrome, I might just stick with FF

But it is bloody fast o0

until something like Ubiquity is released for Chrome

Yea. Chome has a slightly similar feature, but far more limited and it's harder to set up.

I've had to switch back to the olde fox. I liked Chrome was fast, clean and simple however I wasn't that keen on where the tabs are and also I can't use the scroll wheel button to create a new tab when clicking on the home button, I know its a small feature but it is the deal breaker for me, I believe Opera does not have this feature either.

Give it time though and this will probably be the best browser unless Mozilla, Microsoft and Opera raise their game a bit (and also completely redesign their browsers as it would seem building Chrome from scratch, and basing it on Web 2.0, makes it that much faster).

I'm loving Chrome so far, clean, very fast and seems to work very well. Think I'm going to carry on using it for a while to see what it's like when it has worked out my most visited pages etc.

May try this out one day but im in no particular rush to switch browsers.

Doctor Horrible reference made me smile though.

Not started using it yet, but I really like the logo!

chrome-205_noshadow.png

Like a Morph Ball made of skittles.

Do we really need this?

Answer: No

Its basically Safari (And I'm referring to the technology used) With a few new javascript features and a new interface.

I'm fine just using safari and not bothering with this.

Answer: No

Its basically Safari (And I'm referring to the technology used) With a few new javascript features and a new interface.

I'm fine just using safari and not bothering with this.

Do we really need Safari? No.

Do we really need FireFox? No.

Do we really need Internet Explorer? No.

It doesn't matter if we 'need' this or not. It's about a company trying to pull in more users and thus more money.

Hm, I'm not sure about that. It's a lot faster than safari, for me. And the way it's working like multiple apps for multiple tabs seems to work very well.

A lack of various middle click functionalities means it could never replace FF for me at this stage. What's strange is that it works on bookmarks but not links or for scrolling. However, I might use it on my girlfriend's laptop (since there's no middle-click/scroll wheel anyway). Since I'm always using ie7 on that (she has FF, with all her cookies etc, it's just easier that way), maybe Chrome would provide a suitable alternative. Don't like the name though... "Chrome".

I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm going to be using this as my browser for a while as the speed is great! Which is what I need for my internet as I'm impatient. :p

I also think the logo is awesome. :grin: I'm going to check out more of its features!

Do we really need Safari? No.

Do we really need FireFox? No.

Do we really need Internet Explorer? No.

It doesn't matter if we 'need' this or not. It's about a company trying to pull in more users and thus more money.

But the market is already saturated with options, were it not google's browser nobody would talk about it.

I think its fast and really like its clean aspect, but I'm too used to FF's functionalities and its extensions to change.