NEurope
Dan_Dare

Left 4 Dead: A Thread For Suvivalists

Lmao, havn't seen the video but read that yesterday and it made me laugh.

Patch is out on 360, fixes most of the Vs glitches and makes it more balanced.

I have only recently bought this game, and I have to say, its one of the best FPS's I have ever played. It is the epitomy of fun and totally justifies my second (third) console purchase. PS3 only owners, pray this game comes to PS3. This is how Multiplayer should be done.

I have only recently bought this game, and I have to say, its one of the best FPS's I have ever played. It is the epitomy of fun and totally justifies my second (third) console purchase. PS3 only owners, pray this game comes to PS3. This is how Multiplayer should be done.

Hell naw, just get it from steam for the PC. Actually, any PC owner in their right mind should have got it in the weekend just gone by.

Yeah this game is fantastic. I was slightly hesitent about getting it at first as well but i have loved it so much! :)

I wouldn´t be too hopeful, when it comes to the PS3 Valve have a broom up their ass.

Or at least Gabe Newell

I wouldn´t be too hopeful, when it comes to the PS3 Valve have a broom up their ass.

Or at least Gabe Newell

I don't care eitherway, but there is a fresh new batch of rumours EA are doing the port in-house. Similar to what they did with The Orange Box. They might even learn from the mistakes they made.

One thing is for certain, L4D needs to be played by as many people as possible.

Not only that, L4D needs to have some new campaigns. I would even pay for them. Bored of the same 4 now.

Played a bit of survival mode today. Best we did was 5 minutes 58 seconds which i'm pretty damn proud of considering it took 2 tanks at once to take us out. This morning the best times were in the 8 minute range, now they're in the 18 minute range! Either there's been some glitch exploitation or some people are really, really bored.

This morning the best times were in the 8 minute range, now they're in the 18 minute range! Either there's been some glitch exploitation or some people are really, really bored.

They were 30 minutes and beyond at around 2PM. Considering that a tank spawns roughly every 2 seconds at the 14 minute point, it'll be impossible.

I've gotten over 6 minutes on the Church level. Survival mode is a lot of fun.

It's also great to play the other campaigns on Vs. However, there's one big problem: there are way too many objects for tanks to hit in common tank spawn points. They were fine against the AI Tanks as they weren't bright, but human-controlled tanks can smash them from quite a big distance - It's a lot of fun for the tank but ultimately it spoils the game a bit.

VIPer, there are always 2 tanks at about 5:00-6:00 minutes.

They're weaker, tough, so no problem.

Managed to get to 12 minutes in survivor the other day - the bots just aren't up to the task but with others gold medals don't seem quite so impossible. After 10 minutes even ammo runs are out of the question so you're pretty much stuck with pistols. Still, it's breathed new life into a game I didn't honestly expect to go back to.

crashposter620x.jpg

A new, short (30 minutes) campaign for Left 4 Dead is due out in September. It takes place right after No Mercy, and it's designed for Verses. Appareltly the levels (two of them) are packed with more stuff.

It's 560 Microsoft Points on 360 and £0 on PC.

That can't be fair on console owners surely.

The survival pack was going to cost us money (due to Microsoft), so they probably couldn't convince Microsoft a second time.

I'll give it a miss. I can't really be bothered to top up on points since I do basically all my downloading on my PS3. Might as well just move onto L4D2.

Hmm, i may get this, dependings on the following:

'Designed for versus' Will it still be able to get played in normal campaign mode? It's just i was never really into playing versus much.

Hmm, i may get this, dependings on the following:

'Designed for versus' Will it still be able to get played in normal campaign mode? It's just i was never really into playing versus much.

Campaign, versus and two survival maps.

Campaign, versus and two survival maps.

Cheers cube.

I prob will buy this when it comes out then!

Would it have killed them to make it standard co-op too. Or are more people playing versus these days than they are co-op...

I was never really a fan of versus. Then again, I am a sucker for co-op so that was always going to be where I spent my time. :heh:

Would it have killed them to make it standard co-op too.

Huh? Campaign is co-op...

1) Make Left 4 Dead a beta-test.

2) Announce Left 4 Dead 2.

3) See fanboys understanding the way they tricked them.

4) Say they will make new campaigns.

5) Make a random 30 minute campaign that's unline any other.

6) ???

7) Try to shut up the fanboys.

8) Fail because it was obviously made to shut them up and the campaign sucks ass.

9) Release Left 4 Dead 2

10) ???

11) Profit