NEurope
Dan_Dare

Left 4 Dead: A Thread For Suvivalists

Ok this sucks. Why the hell should I have to sit through an entire campaign in a oner just to get the achievement for completing it? I've got the last two campaigns to do and was doing Dead Air and got to the 4 chapter before I had to come off of the 360 for dinner. So I go back on and set it to start from the 4 chapter and complete the thing using the same settings as earlier but get nothing. That's one hell of a stupid flaw, not being able to save your progress and come back to it when you have time to. It's that and the terrible AI controlling the other 3 characters that are really ruining this for me now. I've tried countless times to get the achievement for finishing a campaign without friendly fire but the AI always walks infront of me when I'm shooting, thus making the achievement void.

Perhaps Valve should fix a few things in the game before getting to the DLC, such as having the ability to save up to a certain chapter point and continue it from there so you don't have to play through the entire bloody thing again just to get the achievement for completing it and the AI for single player.

Guess that's why it's an achievement. Can't really complain about their requirements for achievements imho. At least you can play the game in chapter installments.

I don't think you understand what I'm getting at. I'm not moaning about the requirements for achievements on this, I'm moaning, and quite rightly so, about the lack of save feature for campaign modes. Really, I don't see why I should be penalised for being human and needing to eat and having to turn off the console so I can do as such. I mean there should at least be some form of save so that when you come back to the game, you can continue from where you left it and not have to start again. Really, it's not a difficult and big ask.

You are not being penalised, you just can't get that achievement. The campaigns are not that big either.

I mean there should at least be some form of save so that when you come back to the game, you can continue from where you left it and not have to start again.

It's called the Start button.

I agree that more games, especially RPGs, could do with a Shenmue-esque resume function, but Left4Dead really doesn't need one. Firstly it's designed to be played with other people, so if someone wanted to save and quit it would mean everyone would have to stop playing, and secondly the game's broken into chapters that only take around 15-20 minutes each anyway. Hell, you can even set yourself as Idle and let the AI takeover if you need to go to the toilet! It's not exactly a huge timesink.

Dead Air has to be my favourite finale for me. Looking forward to that a lot.

I don't think you understand what I'm getting at. I'm not moaning about the requirements for achievements on this, I'm moaning, and quite rightly so, about the lack of save feature for campaign modes. Really, I don't see why I should be penalised for being human and needing to eat and having to turn off the console so I can do as such. I mean there should at least be some form of save so that when you come back to the game, you can continue from where you left it and not have to start again. Really, it's not a difficult and big ask.

you can choose any of the 4 start rooms as the starting point for any new game in the lobby.

Why does nobody know this? it's right there in the menu!

But it still counts as a new game, so it doesn't have his previous stats nor does it count as completing the whole campaign.

^ exactly. That's what I'm getting at, which is why I have said there should have been some form of save and quit option that records what you've done so far for that campaign so you can load it up at a later point and continue from there to complete it, thus getting the achievement. Really, I don't see why people aren't understanding what I'm saying.

well, um...ok. but this is a multiplayer game. The whole idea is to play with people over an hour or so of play. You're not playing it alone are you?

Really, I don't see why people aren't understanding what I'm saying.

We are understanding, but you're being a big girl's blouse! If you care enough to want the Achievements are you honestly telling me you can't bear to play through an entire campaign in one sitting? This is a multiplayer game, it doesn't revolve around a single person: what you're saying at the moment is comparable to going to see a film at the cinema and then halfway through standing up and demanding that everyone waits while you go and buy some chips.

If you're playing it singleplayer then, i) you're missing out, and ii) just pause the game whilst you go and eat. Oh, and never, ever play Dead Rising, you'll hate it.

We are understanding, but you're being a big girl's blouse! If you care enough to want the Achievements are you honestly telling me you can't bear to play through an entire campaign in one sitting? This is a multiplayer game, it doesn't revolve around a single person: what you're saying at the moment is comparable to going to see a film at the cinema and then halfway through standing up and demanding that everyone waits while you go and buy some chips.

If you're playing it singleplayer then, i) you're missing out, and ii) just pause the game whilst you go and eat. Oh, and never, ever play Dead Rising, you'll hate it.

I was thinking exactly the same thing! :laughing:

What aimless said, if you care enough about this achievements things, then you're supposed to put some effort in it.

:shakehead You clearly don't get it. No point going on about it anymore really because you're just being narrow sighted. Yes, I'm playing it in Single player and the game is designed so that it can be played in both single and multiplayer. Yes I can sit through an entire campaign in one sitting but on the instance I mentioned in the first post I had to go and eat and while many of you would simply leave the game on pause, I don't do it because I see it as a waste of electricity seeing as no one will be using the console during the 30+ minutes I'll be spending eating. No doubt, someone among you will decide to be a prick and say something derogatory of the fact I'd rather turn off the console rather than leave it on, unused for 30+ minutes and I really don't care. I stand by my initial point in that a save feature should have been added, to the single player at least, so that if you have to go elsewhere you can come back and continue where you left off. Lets leave it there as really there's no point continuing the 'discussion' (I say 'discussion' but I'm the only one who appears to get it). I was merely making a point about what I feel should have been included for the single player.

And as for playing Dead Rising, why bother bringing it up. I haven't played it and don't really want to. To me, it looks like something that'd become tedious very quickly. 'Oh look, I just killed 100 zombies. Now what? Oh.... I have to kill another 100. Not much variation there.'

and Left 4 Dead. Uh-oh!

umm..oh yeah. I'm playing this tonight. Soon, even. If anyone's up for a campaign drop by and play.

What time? The main/only TV is being used but I'll be on at about 11:30/12.

Damn. I would go on now but it's the only TV in the house.

The past couple nights I've been playing from around 11:30 until 3. Awesome fun.

Only just found versus mode as well. :p

I'm not missing the point of this seeing as the game was designed to be played both in co-op and Single player. If it wasn't supposed to be played in single player then why have it as a mode in the game? Anyways, that's my last post on the matter. Although it looks like Dan Dare is in the mood for stirring shit so wouldn't be surprised to get some smart arse comment later on from him.

Anyways, off to go and finish the last campaign. Have to say Dead Air has been the best one so far.

I just bought the game ^_^ No LIVE connection, so it'll be solo/co-op for me. Still in the packaging! Gleeeee

and Left 4 Dead. Uh-oh!

umm..oh yeah. I'm playing this tonight. Soon, even. If anyone's up for a campaign drop by and play.

What time? The main/only TV is being used but I'll be on at about 11:30/12.

It would be great if we could all play a game together on this methinks! I would be up for it anyway.

Have either of u managed to do a campaign on expert? I have tried a couple of times but the furthest i have got is chapter 3 of No Mercy... (i wasn't fair from the safe room but kinda died.

I've only managed to do up to the second part of Dead Air.

H-o-T, did you also use the Jesus spots?