NEurope
Dan_Dare

Left 4 Dead: A Thread For Suvivalists

They've said for a while how it's focussed on Versus gameplay though, aiming to offer a complete Versus experience in under 30 minutes or something. I like the style of the level though, being much longer without the checkpoints. I hope they go more down this route with L4D2.

I wouldn't say 'much longer' at all, and yeah playing through again I saw how the level design offered more possibilities for special infected. Still yet to give it a go proper, though.

But then, I've always been more of a fan of the indoor parts of the game, for whatever unknown reason it is.

And..

To make sure everyone realises the upcoming DLC is for both L4D1 as L4D2 (but originally intended for just L4D1), I'm bumping this thread as well.

Trailer for the sacrifice:

http://www.l4d.com/sacrifice/index.html#main

Personnally I'm going to play The sacrifice in L4D1 first.

In the L4D1 version of The Sacrifice you get:

The Sacrifice in Campaign, Versus, and Survival.

For 560 Points.

Which seems a bit expensive considering...

And me.

Just get it on Steam. Or buy L4D2 and get the DLC which comes with a whole lot more.

Just get it on Steam.

Coincidentally, it's currently on offer:

L4D: £4.41

L4D2: £5.09

L4D + L4D2: £7.81

At those prices, I'll grab them both. I'll still be getting the content on Xbox for L4D2 (which looks like it has been delayed) so I can play with my regulars.

Too bad the servers are busy though..

Can't play L4D1, and the download for L4D2 is very slow.

So, I'm planning on buying Left 4 Dead 2, but in Australia we get the super censored edition. I was wondering whether someone could gift me it from the UK store to avoid the "Low Violence Edition." Naturally, I'd reimburse the money via Pay-Pal.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/lostoverthere/

Edited by LostOverThere

So, I'm planning on buying Left 4 Dead 2, but in Australia we get the super censored edition. I was wondering whether someone could gift me it from the UK store to avoid the "Low Violence Edition." Naturally, I'd reimburse the money via Pay-Pal.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/lostoverthere/

Hey mate, I can do it for you, but are you sure it'll work? I still think you'd get the regular edition :(

Mac version for L4D1 has been delayed.. They plan to release it before Halloween.

The campaign is fun, but way too short.. I was hoping for more chapters than The Passing.

The finale is cool, but again, too short :D. And too bad the sacrifice itself looks a bit comical actualy, as opposed to the dramatic scene we got in the comic :D.

LostOverThere, I would, but I have no money myself at the moment, which I would need for you since I don't use PayPal.. Also, I don't think that's a sure-fire way to get the uncensored version..

Hey mate, I can do it for you, but are you sure it'll work? I still think you'd get the regular edition :(

It will work. I know of a German fellow who does the same thing to get around the censoring.

I know nothing of the details or why it works though.

It will work. I know of a German fellow who does the same thing to get around the censoring.

[..]

Thing is, I know of people who are in the territories which get the normal version, and ended up with the censored version anyway. Just go look at their forums..