N-Europe

Heavy Rain

Daft

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same way the Play do exclusives. It's exclusive.

Main Entry: ex·clu·sive

Pronunciation: \iks-ˈklü-siv, -ziv\

Function: adjective

Date: 1515

1 a : excluding or having power to exclude b : limiting or limited to possession, control, or use by a single individual or group

Truth be told, I don't see the appeal of steel cases, even though I've got a few myself, like KZ2. They're cases. In tin. They don't do anything more than a normal case, except being slightly heavier. And unless you like throwing your games around, the higher durability isn't really an issue.

That said, I'm looking forward to this game. I love Fahrenheit, despite that out-of-place-strangeness when it gets a bit matrix-y, so I hope they don't pull another one like that. The Enhanced Reality-glasses is about as Sci-Fi as it'll get, I hope.

It really feels like a mature game because of it's content, and not just because of boobs/blood/decapitations. Well, there will be blood and some sexual content, but you catch my drift.

Well, I caved in, I pre-ordered the Special Edition from HMV. I have to admit, it's a very intruging concept, but a game filled with quicktime events could get tiresome. However, it looks so amazingly crafted, that it'll be stupid to miss out on it!

I'm buying it just incase there's QTE sex sequences. X button marks the spot.

LOL! :heh:

A lot of them aren't quick time events, they're more context events.

Heavy Rain Official Website Live – And More!

Hi everyone! More exciting Heavy Rain news – I’m pleased to confirm that the official Heavy Rain website is now live. You can head over there right now to check out screenshots, character info and videos. But that’s not all – you can also find out about ‘Four Days’ – the Heavy Rain Online Experience…

‘Four Days’ is a live online mystery which plays out in real time across three weeks, beginning on January 26th. You’ll be able to get involved in the hunt for a killer – interacting with characters, identifying clues, making decisions. Between Tuesday and Friday of each week there will be daily tasks for you to complete, or puzzles to solve. Along the way, you may well discover some cool exclusive content – but just as importantly, you won’t find any spoilers that will ruin your experience of playing Heavy Rain itself!

Look out for further updates on ‘Four Days’ over the next few weeks, and register now at the official site to make sure that you don’t miss the start of the hunt. If you do, you’ll also get a voucher code for an exclusive Home t-shirt. You may discover that there is more to it than meets the eye…

4276356466_fab06f4796.jpg

On a separate note, many of you will have seen my earlier blog entry about the Heavy Rain Special Edition; to whet your appetites even more, I thought I’d give everyone a glimpse of the full contents…

4275611499_c4a38934c3_o.jpg

Finally, we noticed that some Heavy Rain fans have been hard at work on creating their own origami figures. It’s cool to see your creativity – so I thought I’d share the view from my desk…

4276913714_370a1c5a90.jpg

Enjoy all this, and look out for more Heavy Rain updates soon!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/01/15/heavy-rain-official-website-live-and-more/

That Special Edition looks pretty cool. Glad I pre-ordered it, especially considering the price. The website also sounds pretty ace.

Edited by Daft

First review score is in from OPM UK.

heavy-rain-opm-review.png

I hear even though OPM UK is the official magazine that it actually had pretty accurate reviews. I guess we'll find out soon.

Edit: Scratch that, they gave FFXIII a 9 and that's a load of toss.

Edited by Daft

Demo inbound.

I don't think I'll play it though. I will get this game regardless, and I have barely seen any gameplay at all. I had the chance to play it at the expo, but didn't bother.

I'm not even sure a demo would be appropriate at all, without context or story, a demo might even put people off buying the game.

Demo inbound.

I don't think I'll play it though. I will get this game regardless, and I have barely seen any gameplay at all. I had the chance to play it at the expo, but didn't bother.

I'm not even sure a demo would be appropriate at all, without context or story, a demo might even put people off buying the game.

I'm pretty sure they said in the past they wouldn't do a demo for the reasons you cited. I wouldn't download it anyway, played enough at eurogamer. also wanna be totally spoiler free! Was annoyed that the latest EDGE has a huge screen shot of a scene I didn't know about. just have to skip those pages.

I wouldn't download it anyway, played enough at eurogamer.

I wasn't blown away by this game at all when i was watching u play it at the expo so i don't really know what to think of this game.

Although i watched u play Bayonetta and i didn't think much of that but i got it anyway and thought it was amazing!!!

I wasn't blown away by this game at all when i was watching u play it at the expo so i don't really know what to think of this game.

Although i watched u play Bayonetta and i didn't think much of that but i got it anyway and thought it was amazing!!!

haha you couldn't even remember me playing Bayonetta...