NEurope
Helmsly

The House of The Dead: Overkill

Wow, let's hope that review is way off the mark. :blank:

I'm seriously hyped for this game right now, been up for it ever since I laid eyes (and ears!) on the awesome debut trailer. :awesome:

I was never a huge fan of the HotD series in the arcade, but the style that they've gone for with this one is just fantastic and very much my cup of tea.

Ordered myself a Perfect Shot gun shell in anticipation too. Was going to wait and see how the Hand Cannon turned out, but decided I might as well get one now to have it in time for the game / get used to it. Plus the PS seems to have nothing but excellent reviews everywhere I look.

By the way, if anyone's interested the official site for the game is up:

http://www.sega.com/hodoverkill/index3.html

I've spent far too much time listening to the music on it / laughing at the dialogue at the start of the songs. :laughing:

Spanish Site Preview:

- we found some framerate problems when playing 2 players in populated zones. Nothing really big, but it doesn't happen in 1p mode.

- Every chapter is an awesome movie poster. There are 7.

- There's an exaggerated storyteller voice between scenes and character dialogs.

- Washington is hyper-aggressive in the humoristic way. Agent G is patient. Again, Pulp Fiction-ish

- Language is brutal, I couldn't believe they were saying/doing some things and the great Spanish localization (no VA for us, yes for you in English).

- House, Forest with river, carnival, hospital, train are levels examples.

- Unlockable game mode seems to be dual-wielding mode. OMG!

- Graphics effects, color scheme, lighting and motion blur work nicely. Some framerate issues as described earlier, just in 2p mode.

- Between levels scenes are also stupid and great.

- Accurate aiming, pretty fast. You can reload by shaking or by shooting after Reload! message.

- Hidden brains as bonus. Lot's of extra stuff to unlock. Score includes combos and things like "goregasm".

- Music is "motorcycle-riders" rock and some funky (or Washington will kill us all)

Apparently it got a full blown 3 out of ten from world renowned Swedish gaming mag Level. Riiiiiiiiight. Something's amiss I say.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349784

Meh ignore it, they probably didn't give it enough play time, most people can see that even without playing it, it's most likely a 6 at worst 8 at best.

Awesome score for Persona 4! Hehe

Still getting house of the dead, light gun games seem to get hammered a fair bit nowadays.

Awesome score for Persona 4! Hehe

Still getting house of the dead, light gun games seem to get hammered a fair bit nowadays.

SEGA do them better than anyone else. Ghost Squad was sublime, I'd love to see what Headstrong could do with that!

Wow that trailer was AWESOME.

It really does have a Planet Terror feel to and I loved Planet Terror so I guess that means I really want this.

*watches new trailer and game play vids*

Wow. :awesome:

This is going to be the perfect game to get in to after playing Animal Crossing, will make the experience even more intense I reckon...

One day, planting flowers, fishing, collecting fruit. The next, shooting the crap out of loads of Zombies! :heh:

Can't wait.

And I got my Perfect Shot today. Been trying it out with Umbrella Chronicles, works really well and definitely makes the game more fun to play. Must say, I'm loving the look of the Hand Cannon though, not sure if I'll be able to resist getting me one of those too. :grin: You can rock 2 guns simultaneously in the game anyway, so sounds like a plan. :wink:

Is the perfect shot good then?

How much did it cost?

Yeah, very good. One of the best 3rd party accessories I've come across. Well built and a great design too, like how the nunchuck can be connected to the Wii remote via a port on the base of the handle. icon14.gif

It was £11.99 from Play.com.

Yeah, very good. One of the best 3rd party accessories I've come across. Well built and a great design too, like how the nunchuck can be connected to the Wii remote via a port on the base of the handle. icon14.gif

It was £11.99 from Play.com.

For games like Ghost Squad and House of the Dead can you just use the gun and does the trigger act like a proper trigger?

For games like Ghost Squad and House of the Dead can you just use the gun and does the trigger act like a proper trigger?

Good question..i like to know if you actually pull the trigger and it works!

May get this but i'm being careful with dosh these year and nearly £15 for a bit of plastic isn't doing it for me at the mo..temptation is high though..haha

I doubt I'll get the Hand Cannons immediately, I can't afford them... I'm also wondering if I should delay getting it until later in February - I'm going on holiday on the 13th for a week, so when it arrives I can't play it anyway.

Hot on the heels of the nefarious Papa Caesar, the third mission of The House of the Dead: OVERKILL brings our heroes to a deserted freak show just outside Bayou City. Detective Washington and Agent G know that demented clowns bar their progress but the hunt for the truth must go on, and nothing in this twisted county fair will stand in their way.

The pair will shoot a path through stands, arcades, and tents, braving all manner of horrific mutant horrors. Before long though they will reach the big top, wherein wait Nigel and Sebastien, the biggest freak of them all.

v6oimw.jpg

qrnlvn.jpg

1fz22q.jpg

2q9azyw.jpg

Main story 3 hours :o.

8/10.

Say WHAT!!

Though spose lightgun games in geeral aren't usually very long.

Hope in that case it has LOADS of unlockable features/minigames/modes!