NEurope
Kirkatronics

Legalising Weed In The UK

As for the crowded prisons, that would be helped if we re-introduced the death penalty for murder.

haha, is this a joke?

haha, is this a joke?

Nope why would it? Ok there aren't that many murderers and it was off topic but it would still help.

There was a story not long ago of a women smoking it, being sick and choking to death on her own vomit. While I know it's not directly weed but meh.

If the weed caused her to be sick I think it'd be safe to say it was more than a contributing factor.

In any case, if the only death is some vaguely remembered story I think we can assume abuse isn't a huge risk outside of possible long term use mental health risks.

ANNUAL AMERICAN DEATHS CAUSED BY DRUGS

TOBACCO ........................ 400,000

ALCOHOL ........................ 100,000

ALL LEGAL DRUGS ................ 20,000

ALL ILLEGAL DRUGS .............. 15,000

CAFFEINE ....................... 2,000

ASPIRIN ........................ 500

MARIJUANA ...................... 0

----------------------------------------

Source: United States government...

National Institute on Drug Abuse,

Bureau of Mortality Statistics

My theory isnt that everyone who takes its an idiot. Just stated that there were risks. FFS all i stated was my opinion

True, but your opinion is unifnormed and factually incorrect, and therefore it was invalidated... I can understand the ones against legalization, because they have some solid arguments, but you don't, you're talking like a fascist.

As rockhead says hes smoked loads of it and hes a well rounded human being :indeed: :indeed:

More so than you'll ever be.

Cannabis should not be legalised. Honestly, most people I know who smoke it are prone to psychosis and other mental problems.

Illegal drugs are illegal for a reason. Any doctor will tell you Ecstasy does permanent damage to the brain. I have no idea why anyone takes any of this stuff.

Alcohol abuse is also a terrible thing. I know people who are out 'til 4am drinking. Again, no idea why they do it.

Cannabis should not be legalised. Honestly, most people I know who smoke it are prone to psychosis and other mental problems.

What? oO

Illegal drugs are illegal for a reason. Any doctor will tell you Ecstasy does permanent damage to the brain. I have no idea why anyone takes any of this stuff.

Ecstasy isn't even part of the discussion. As for weed, it doesn't do any real damage, it's actually used medicinally...

Alcohol abuse is also a terrible thing. I know people who are out 'til 4am drinking. Again, no idea why they do it.

Oh yes, every single person who drinks is an alcoholic. Seriously, in everything there's bound to be a percentage of fools who do things wrong and take them too far, but that's a minority, which shouldn't deprive the majority of enjoying these things.

I'm a drinker, I have fun with it, it's never brought me any harm and I enjoy it. If I ever die because of it, I'll do so without any regrets.

who the fuck do you hang out with? Charles Manson?!

Try it, then you'll understand.

The poor are poor because they have no money, not because of their vices. Rich people have as many or more vices.

I've been more against the legalization of it, but now I can't really see much reason for it to be illegal while alcohol isn't and drunk people are more dangerous than someone that's high.

But it is because of their vices and spending that they become poor. They don't NEED large HDTVs, but they buy them anyway on credit.

Some of them, somehow, find large amounts of credit to book up-scale housing, and later lose it due to the market.

The amount of money they spend on addictions is staggering and when in compairsion to their budget and income, it can almost eat it all up.

Industries explained in the original post advocate keeping the poor where they are, by issuing unsecured credit with high interest rates, by advertising directly to them advocating the Jonsees lifestyle, and by giving them products that relieve stress or stress out fun lifestyles (drugs and beer).

Sure, certain elements of the rich might have the above. But they generally don't abuse it, hence why they stay rich. The few that do abuse it normally scale down in class and end up with everybody else.

You could say it even applies to the middle class as well. They may have elements of the above, but they don't abuse it and as such, they are able to keep their budget in place.

Smoking a cig is not going to make you poor, drinking beer is not going to make you poor, using unsecured credit is not going to make you poor.

But if you let your psychological and physical selfs abuse the hell out of them, that can and will make you poor. For some people, that could take days before they blow their income and for others it could take years. But the downward spiral exists.

Oh yes, every single person who drinks is an alcoholic. Seriously, in everything there's bound to be a percentage of fools who do things wrong and take them too far, but that's a minority, which shouldn't deprive the majority of enjoying these things.

I'm a drinker, I have fun with it, it's never brought me any harm and I enjoy it. If I ever die because of it, I'll do so without any regrets.

To be fair he said alcohol abuse alcohol consumption. Which makes him right.

I wouldn't go as far as mental problems but a large proportion of the people I know who smoke weed recently have become really dull and sort of "out of it" or not fully with it. Not everyone but it's usually the ones that smoke it every other day or more.

And no matter how much you kid yourselves the stepping stone argument is definitely valid. Don't give me bullshit on how you do weed and never do anything else. Plenty of people saw a car advertisement and don't go and buy the car. But some do. Weed doesn't make people try harder drugs it just acts as a stepping stone. They get to know the dealers. It's less of a step up so it's not as scary. And yes most of those people are the types of people who would try harder stuff. But weed makes it easier for them. They do weed for a few years and then pills etc. are less scary and aren't as big a jump as somebody who had never tried drugs before.

correlation is not causation. Already said that. Yes, people who smoke dope may move upwards to stronger drugs, but that's hardly ever going to be because of the weed, it's because they have a relaxed attitude to drug use or a desire to explore them. It's a completely different thing.

But it is because of their vices and spending that they become poor. They don't NEED large HDTVs, but they buy them anyway on credit.

Some of them, somehow, find large amounts of credit to book up-scale housing, and later lose it due to the market.

The amount of money they spend on addictions is staggering and when in compairsion to their budget and income, it can almost eat it all up.

Industries explained in the original post advocate keeping the poor where they are, by issuing unsecured credit with high interest rates, by advertising directly to them advocating the Jonsees lifestyle, and by giving them products that relieve stress or stress out fun lifestyles (drugs and beer).

Sure, certain elements of the rich might have the above. But they generally don't abuse it, hence why they stay rich. The few that do abuse it normally scale down in class and end up with everybody else.

You could say it even applies to the middle class as well. They may have elements of the above, but they don't abuse it and as such, they are able to keep their budget in place.

Smoking a cig is not going to make you poor, drinking beer is not going to make you poor, using unsecured credit is not going to make you poor.

But if you let your psychological and physical selfs abuse the hell out of them, that can and will make you poor. For some people, that could take days before they blow their income and for others it could take years. But the downward spiral exists.

What you call poor people I call idiots. People that are actually poor generally were born poor, barely have income to eat, live in poor social environments and rarely get the education and incentive from the ones around them to get out of it. Vices come as a consequence of all that, and by vices I mean drugs and other stuff they're exposed daily, not HDTV or houses.

To be quite honest I don't think it would make much difference (not to me anyway) as it's very easy to get hold of anyway.

Plus I quit weed about a year ago. But if I did still smoke it, it probably wouldn't make that much difference if it's illegal or legal.

Try it, then you'll understand.

I wouldn't try anything you'd recommend!

To be fair he said alcohol abuse not consumption. Which makes him right.

Thank you!

who the fuck do you hang out with? Charles Manson?!

No, just normal people. Honestly, they do have violent mood swings.

And no matter how much you kid yourselves the stepping stone argument is definitely valid. Don't give me bullshit on how you do weed and never do anything else. Plenty of people saw a car advertisement and don't go and buy the car. But some do. Weed doesn't make people try harder drugs it just acts as a stepping stone. They get to know the dealers. It's less of a step up so it's not as scary. And yes most of those people are the types of people who would try harder stuff. But weed makes it easier for them. They do weed for a few years and then pills etc. are less scary and aren't as big a jump as somebody who had never tried drugs before.

We already established that an average of 0.5% in europe go on to be "problem drug users" and even if the UK had an unusually high rate it would still be a tiny tiny portion of the population and what Dan Dare said.

We already established that an average of 0.5% in europe go on to be "problem drug users" and even if the UK had an unusually high rate it would still be a tiny tiny portion of the population and what Dan Dare said.

I don't trust that figure. 1) because the government is unlikely to know who's on what drugs and 2) judging from my own personal experience far more people go on to harder drugs. Ok maybe they don't all start sticking heroin in themselves but plenty of them do pills, phet, ket etc. One of my friends is really fucked up from doing pills. he can barely string a sentence together. Another is getting there.

Ok but the source is actually the "United Nations Office On Drugs and Crime" and your source is purely anecdotal.

keep your ditty evidence out of here Odwin. This place is for reactionary, ill informed discussion only.

That wasn't his point, and that paragraph is footnoted with important sounding "committee's" and such so I would assume its accurate. If you want to look it's here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_the_Netherlands

Aha! :) Interesting and very cool I say as well, the netherlands seem to think logically, I must move there instead.

I also must stop forgetting about threads the minute after I post in them, shameful really. Anyway back on topic, I believe the country (the UK) needs to tackle drinking rather than smoking, 24 hour drinking, yeah that was clever.

True, but your opinion is unifnormed and factually incorrect, and therefore it was invalidated... I can understand the ones against legalization, because they have some solid arguments, but you don't, you're talking like a fascist.

Oh this is just unreal. Does anyone remember O_W stating (and adamantly arguing the case of) something along the lines of "these 5 anime titles are the best ever, fact."?

Oh yes, every single person who drinks is an alcoholic.

Because he clearly implied that, didn't he? Jesus Christ, some people are so stupid.

A poster with this on is all the government needs in an anti-cannabis campaign:

bez_e_f3a7c2adba52315d6ab61b83a2cd478e.jpg

Caption: "This could be you."

Ok but the source is actually the "United Nations Office On Drugs and Crime" and your source is purely anecdotal.

Yes but point A still stands. And we all know how bad the governments figures are.