NEurope
Kirkatronics

Legalising Weed In The UK

You do know how difficult it is to treat some mental illnesses right? Even if there is a cure it can have some awful side effects and still may not be fully effective. The cost that goes into the treatment is also ridiculous aswell; money could be used elsewhere in the field of medicine. I mean, let's face it, why should the NHS spend money on those who have done stuff to themselves to make them ill when there are plenty of people who suffer from the same disease and have to wait for treatment.

You're right, we should decriminalize weed so they can pay for their own treatment in taxes.

here's a question: who thinks the legal status of weed genuinely effects how many people smoke the stuff?

I'm unconvinced it'd make much of a difference myself. As pointed out by The Bard a few pages back- it's genuinely a case of being able to drop round at a mates house and get £20 of weed at the drop of a hat. It's just so easy that I think the much bigger reason for non smokers is health/morals.

Well obviously you want to make a difference (etc etc) and the thought of having an ill patient who has a mental illness isn't exactly great, so naturally you will do the best you can to help them.

However, you're being a bit selfish if you're smoking weed/drinking lots of alcohol/ smoking tonnes and expect treatment when money could be better spent elsewhere.

I pay my taxes on my fags and beer, if I need medical attention because of them, not that I have so far, then I like to think I've contributed to the cost of my treatment. It's not really my fault the government wants to waste the money on waging war and stupid olympics and other shit rather than use it for somethinmg worthwhile.

here's a question: who thinks the legal status of weed genuinely effects how many people smoke the stuff?

I'm unconvinced it'd make much of a difference myself. As pointed out by The Bard a few pages back- it's genuinely a case of being able to drop round at a mates house and get £20 of weed at the drop of a hat. It's just so easy that I think the much bigger reason for non smokers is health/morals.

If it was legalized I would open a coffeeshop.

If I couldn't do that well I would frequently go to one with friends and all my smoking friends would ago as well, assuming you could get 1/8 for £25 or less at least.

see that's the thing. You smoke, and your friends smoke. You'd all go to coffee shops (who wouldn't? coffee and weed am both win!) but would anyone new show up? that girl you know at school, say, who never partook in an illicit joint?

(are you at school? don't mean to assume:))

see that's the thing. You smoke, and your friends smoke. You'd all go to coffee shops (who wouldn't? coffee and weed am both win!) but would anyone new show up? that girl you know at school, say, who never partook in an illicit joint?

(are you at school? don't mean to assume:))

As you'd have to smoke outside, because of the smoking laws, I'm sure others would be enticed in by the sight of people so obviously enjoying themselves.

I'm at university now.

And she's probably not my userbase frankly but if a coffeeshop became an alternative to the bar or a cafe and there isn't really any reason it shouldn't eventually then yeah, I would see a lot of very casual users coming in for a j once or month or so.

As you'd have to smoke outside, because of the smoking laws, I'm sure others would be enticed in by the sight of people so obviously enjoying themselves.

Not necessarily, I dont know about the laws here but in holland it's ok to smoke indoors as long as it's not tobacco and I don't know about you but I only smoke pure anyway. The coffeeshops there also lend out bongs and such if you don't want a j.

Oh, they also sell space cake.

Not necessarily, I dont know about the laws here but in holland it's ok to smoke indoors as long as it's not tobacco and I don't know about you but I only smoke pure anyway. The coffeeshops there also lend out bongs and such if you don't want a j.

Oh, they also sell space cake.

That's holland though, I can't see the British government relaxing the smoking laws for weed if they did legalize it.

I don't know about any effects from second hand marijuana smoke, so I can't comment.

I don't think it's a good idea, unless it's for some sort of medical reason.

I think Britain needs to grow up before it's given any privilages.

Look at all the problems we have with alcohol abuse, many European countries have a drinking age of 16 or such, yet they have NO problems. Once the Govt. sorts out bad parents and morons being morons, only then should things such as weed legalisation and age restriction relaxation be even considered.

Edit: I believe the age of sexual consent and drinking should be lowered by the way. And also that smokers should stop being hounded.

(I don't smoke, barely drink, and don't wish to do a 15 year old or anything by the way)

But problems should be sorted out before you go messing around with things, something the Govt. doesn't seem to realise when it comes to immigration (reduce it so we can sort our money/land/food/fuel problems out) and increasing drinking taxes (therefore punishing sensible drinkers aswell)

What we need is harsher punishments for law breakers, not punishing everyone in order to try and reduce crime.

I don't know too much about weed to have an educated enough opinion, though I do understand that it can be rather helpful to people with certain conditions.

Look at all the problems we have with alcohol abuse, many European countries have a drinking age of 16 or such, yet they have NO problems. Once the Govt. sorts out bad parents and morons being morons, only then should things such as weed legalisation and age restriction relaxation be even considered.

Well said. So much scum on our streets could have been nipped in the bud had they been parented a bit better.

We should ship all the idiots to the isle of wight and with all the weapons and let them sort each other out. Sorry if anyone lives on the isle of wight but it pretty boring and is slowly falling into the sea anyway :heh:

As long as we dont send Kurt Russel over there everything will work out just fine : peace:

It's not going to be made legal fullstop.

Along with Alcohol it can be enjoyed in small quantities. But if one abuses a drug then thats when there begins to be a problem.

I believe it should be used IF a sufferer of MS would benefit from using it. Instead of being in complete agony, small doses of cannabis can help people be mobile and move around their own home without being in as much pain.

________

CHILD DEPAKOTE

Edited by fex

Don't give a toss if it's legalised or not, it's not like prohibition makes it difficult to buy. Only difference is if the money goes to criminals down the street or criminals in the government.