Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Jury Service

Falcon_BlizZACK

Always managed to get out of it myself.

What's your secret?

I can also imagine once you make the gender leap you can use that to your advantage.

The police will come round saying they sent a letter to a Mr. Rokkeh, and you'll just say, in your gruff voice "There's no Mr. Rokkeh here, I'm Mz/Mrs. Rokkeh now. Check out my minge" or something like that.

I'd hate to do it - I can't afford to take the time off uni, so it'd really fuck things up, especially if it was a long case.

I'd like to do it in the future, but I agree, it would pretty much mess a few things up in my life.

Also, lets say I got a job as teacher, and a few years down the line I get called up. I don't think I'd be all too happy about leaving my class(es) for two weeks. I think its a lot of hassle taking time out to do something else.

Still, it does sound like something that would be very interesting to do.

If your in education you dont have to do it. I have to do it in sept and it says on the letter.

Yeah, I originally had mine for April, but since I was at Uni I sent something back asking for a change of date where I had to put an appropriate date, which happened to be August - before the next term.

Yeah, I originally had mine for April, but since I was at Uni I sent something back asking for a change of date where I had to put an appropriate date, which happened to be August - before the next term.

I like the way it says there is no dress code to speak of. However we are meant to dress 'appropriatly', however im pretty sure there is no legal definition of that. So im trying to think of ways to have fun with that :)

That and the oath. I wonder if I can swear at the flying spagetti monster to give truthful verdict :heh:

I'd hate to do it - I can't afford to take the time off uni, so it'd really fuck things up, especially if it was a long case.

Actually, that's a good point - missing a couple of weeks of a term would cause me a ridiculous amount of trouble and extra work... Oh well, it'd be fun to do it in the holidays.

Check out my minge" or something like that.

MINGE!

My Wicked Stepmother did Jury Service once, she had decided by end of day 1 who was guilty and not guilty. Hooray for basing opinion on fact and not just "I didn't like the way he looked"

I like the way it says there is no dress code to speak of. However we are meant to dress 'appropriatly', however im pretty sure there is no legal definition of that. So im trying to think of ways to have fun with that :)

Just like the Small Claims Court dress code is "informal", people come in wearing their work boiler suit and the likes. :heh:

You can borrow one of my frocks if you like.

That and the oath. I wonder if I can swear at the flying spagetti monster to give truthful verdict :heh:

Do this.

You can borrow one of my frocks if you like.

And this. You could say to them, "You said I had to dress appropriatly, you never said for my own gender." Besides in this PC world we live in they would be too scared to say anything to you.

And this. You could say to them, "You said I had to dress appropriatly, you never said for my own gender." Besides in this PC world we live in they would be too scared to say anything to you.

It took me a while to get what you was talking about, i thought you meant the shop. :indeed:

Yeah it tells you details of time and location, but thats about it. I wasn't told to keep the details confidential.

That sounds great...The fiver a day thing ^^. I am in South-East London to, have to go to Southwark Court? (or something). What time do you usually finish? The annoying thing for me is that I work PT evenings from 7pm, lol, so they still expect me to come in. :/

Yeah I was at Southwark! Each day finished at different times! My first two days I didnt get picked so went home at around 1ish. When I was on a case it usually ended around 4ish.

Enjoy it :)