NEurope
Kirkatronics

Would You Give Your Life?

If you had the opportunity to save another person, but have to give your life in the process would you do it? What about 2 people? 10? 1000? More?

An example would be pushing someone out of the road so they can avoid a speeding car KNOWING you can't possibly get of the road in time.

Would you steer your jet away from a crowd or eject from it if you only had time for one?

Theres many other examples, but i don't want to list them all.

Just found this:

Pic related.. Kinda

jet-wreck-demotivational-poster.jpg

At the moment my life isn't really that good, so I'd easily give it away to save someone else.

At the moment my life isn't really that good, so I'd easily give it away to save someone else.

I can has it?

Whats wrong anyway?

----------

Also would it be different if it was a family member, or change dependant on age group?

If it were familly or someone important to me then yes i might do.

If it were a bunch of randomers though i think i'd save my own ass. I'm thinking being a hero isn't so great if you're dead.

I'd have to agree with Jav there, unless it was someone important to me or a group of people who are important... fuck 'em.

I'd rather stay alive tbh :p

I wouldnt knowingly give my life to save the life of an asshole or crook.

It depends very much on the person/people and situation... suffice to say, I don't think I'd meet the heroic ideal of sacrificing myself for a random person, but then again, I think most people wouldn't.

Not just anybody, but I can think of several people I'd gladly give my life for.

Thinking about it right now, I can only come up with person who I'd probably give my life for. But when your faced with that decision, you generally don't have time to think about it, you either just would or wouldn't. So with that in mind, there maybe more people who I'd forfeit my existence for.

There's also the question of could you live with your life if you didn't. Take the jet plane scenario. If you ejected from it and it crashed in to somewhere and took dozens of lives, you'd have to live with that choice for the rest of your days.

Much like those fire safety adverts and their "A fire doesn't have to kill you to take your life" slogan. By not sacrificing yourself, you may be losing your life anyway.

Thinking about it right now, I can only come up with person who I'd probably give my life for. But when your faced with that decision, you generally don't have time to think about it, you either just would or wouldn't. So with that in mind, there maybe more people who I'd forfeit my existence for.

There's also the question of could you live with your life if you didn't. Take the jet plane scenario. If you ejected from it and it crashed in to somewhere and took dozens of lives, you'd have to live with that choice for the rest of your days.

Much like those fire safety adverts and their "A fire doesn't have to kill you to take your life" slogan. By not sacrificing yourself, you may be losing your life anyway.

I agree with this entirely. It's a split second decision.

And I don't know if I could live with myself if I had knowingly caused somebody else's death.

I agree with this entirely. It's a split second decision.

And I don't know if I could live with myself if I had knowingly caused somebody else's death.

But could you live with yourself dead? :p

I find the appeal of a heroic death too tempting.

....but I'd save my arse if I were in that Jet. Not much you could of done there by the time he pulled out.

Like with all these threads involving the question "Would you [insert action] if [insert situation]?", none of us can eally know for sure how we'd react in the situation. I find it hard to imagine what I'd do in such a situation, if I'd even have the guts to risk my own life.

But, like others, I believe I'd find it hard to live with the knowledge that I chose to save my own life at the cost of someone else's.

I'm secretly extremely selfish, in terms of my own safety/life.

Unless it was like, the population of world dies If I live, I'd choose myself everytime.

It's not like I'm going anywhere after this...so I kinda have to stay around as long as possible.

I honestly don't know, I mean dying can be quite a scary thing, but on the other hand I wouldn't want to see somebody I love die.

I think at the time I would probably think it was the right thing to do, unfortunetly I care about strangers even if they couldn't give a fuck about me. But whilst I'm safe and sound in my home with no reason to save somebody else I would say no let them fucking die.

haha ^_^

I think i would give my life if it was to a close family member. Anyone else and no i don't think i would.

yeah, probly, id die for friends or family, or id die protecting people who didnt deserve the death, like say a man was trying to stab a child, id jump in, even if i knew i would die.

wouldnt die for my parents mind, cos they wouldnt want me too.

i probebly say this due to the bleakness of life atm. ive me love, and a decent job and a family of my own, id be less willing to.

if its a huge risk (95% chance of dying) with a good enough payout in tems off lives saved id go for it. dying isnt that scary any way, i mean once your dead you dont exist anymore so you cant regret it.

Absolutely. But only for people who have a place in my heart, family and good friends really.

I'm not too sure to be honest, if it was someone I care about the anwser is straight-forward enough but somebody random? I don't know....

Depends on the person, situation etc.

If you saw something about to happen to someone you would not have time to think you could die if you help this person your brain would automatically engage the 'fight or flight' responce so in a way it just depends what kinda person u are but the thought of 'omg im going to die if i run out in the road to save that kid' wont happen.

You would either see the kid about to get hit by a bus and go 'oh shit' or you would automatically run on into the road to grab/push the kid to saftey.

Thats what i think anyway, lol.