Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argos are selling it separately in their new Christmas catalogue, although I hope the price they have it at in there is merely speculative; £25 is way too much for any Microphone. :(

The bundle is £20 more on GAME than the normal product, they're likely to be cheaper when bought together. £25 might be right, or it could be even more.

I'm now convincing my sister to buy Animal Crossing with the Wii Speak.

She fell into it, now i just need my mother to accept.

61 Euros... Sigh...

Geez, really?

Well, i'm gladly happy in comparision, then

360 and PS3 games cost 70€ too :/ At least it's easier to find bargains and used games than it was before.

I was talking with a friend on MSN the other day with my mic and I had other people in my room trying to talk and it came to me that I could really use something like Wii Speak, which made me even more convinced that it's pretty cool for an Animal Crossing experience.

So it's cheaper to buy the game and wiispeak separately!?!! Doesn't make sense!

Question is, do you trust HMV in getting the game to you before/on the release day? I waited for months on end for a Classic Controller that never came.

EDIT: Wait, it's not really cheaper considering with the GAME bundle you can use that code I provided earlier. GAME bundle + code = cheaper than HMV.

Might explain the high price if there's advanced Noise-Cancelling Technology in there. Doesn't make the impact on the wallet any less though. :(

I don't think any sites or mags have had any playtests with it yet, but you could be right because didn't Nintendo say that the Wii Speak thingummy was meant to be able to single out the voices and remove other background noise...?

Theres been a few playtests with it, IGN had one recently in a quiet room. Sounded good but not overly impressive, noise filtering is meant to be good, but people directly facing the speak were much louder then people from the sides; I still think it's an unbelievable rip off; and dread the pricing for wiimotionplus

Well the reason they didn't out WiiMotion+ earlier was due to the pricing, so now it must be a decent price for them to include it. If it was expensive they wouldn't bother yet, especially if they're thinking of adding it in to Wii Motes in the future.

Though it's obvious that people infront would be louder than the folk at the sides wouldn't it? It filters sound and not the volume, right? Or am I missing something?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!