Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

So this game has hide and seek. Ive seen the vide and its with computer players and they look AWFUL at the game! I blind person could find them!

So.....can someone ease my fears and confirm that you can play this with REAL friends!

The only way this game wont be a big rip off is if they add loads of extra 'games' you can play with friends and the city aspect is much more bustling than originally thought!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*enters thread to see what's new, sees dazzybee's still crying about it, makes pointless post, leaves*

:D

I'm not crying about it, I just want to know if you can play hide and seek with real people. I doubt you can though because I wonder how they would do the 'I've found you' mechanic!

I'm getting this game, I'm sure it'll be great; but I'm just waiting to something different, that's all.

Totally agree. I see nothing that warrants a purchase.

I also agree - they could do so much more [seemingly quite easily] to make the purchase more worthwhile and not just teh same game we played 10 years ago. A shame becauase I am quite tempted by Wiispeak - just need a better game to get the most out of it.

I also agree - they could do so much more [seemingly quite easily] to make the purchase more worthwhile and not just teh same game we played 10 years ago. A shame becauase I am quite tempted by Wiispeak - just need a better game to get the most out of it.

Wow, you've been playing Animal Crossing for 10 years? Fantastic!

I don't share these sentiments, first because the DS and gC version despite being similar felt totally different, specially because the GC version had you fetching stuff every time you talked to someone while in the DS it was much more laid back, the whole experience felt very different. Second, because since it's sort of life sim, everytime I played it was completly different, maybe that's because I don't play it just to collect all the fossils and furniture, I just wander around aimlessly and do stuff in between.

3rd because everyone is exagerating like hell and completly ignoring the new stuff. Not that it's a lot of new stuff, it's a shame we didn't get, I dunno a graphic style rework, like cel shading or something, or even perhaps something more connected to the Wii channels, VC and WiiWare or turn it into home or an MMO (both ideas that I highly dislike for AC). I don't see how they can "quite easily" do so much more. More? Yes, Nintendo seems to have been lazy with this. Easily so much more? Nah. If someone got tired of AC, I can totally see this being a no buy for them, but unless they turned AC into something completly unlike AC, I dunno how it wouldn't bore them anyway.

Improved online (I'm not much of an online person, but I definitely liked it in the DS version), holidays, on the fly item switching, auctions, more active villagers, DS interaction, being able to see friend's houses without going to their city, free DLC and other stuff make me anxious to get this game, even if I'm also a bit disapointed not to see some unexpected changes, because in the end, that's what I expect from Nintendo.

I'll for sure be buying this. Perhaps not on day 1 but a few weeks later. From what I've seen, it seems to have made a few improvements over the GC one and I never played the DS version. I think what made the GC one fun was all the easter eggs you could find, for instance, the NES games, furniture based off of games ect. And obviously the Wii version will have a whole bunch of new stuff like that.

I'll for sure be buying this. Perhaps not on day 1 but a few weeks later. From what I've seen, it seems to have made a few improvements over the GC one and I never played the DS version. I think what made the GC one fun was all the easter eggs you could find, for instance, the NES games, furniture based off of games ect. And obviously the Wii version will have a whole bunch of new stuff like that.

:D Yeah sure it does!!! With VC NIntendo aint giving anything away free.....except some new furniture sets in the future!

If you missed the DS version though this should be an instant buy!

I'm wanting to preorder this game, but GAME isn't very clear; they have it for £40 but it doesn't say if it's the WiiSpeak version!!

Does anyone have any idea whats going on with game.co.uk?

PLAY have both versions and all is good, but I'd rather use game for my reward card.

So despite all your criticisms you're still getting to vote "yes" with your wallet and buy this?

Some things never change!

Oh yeah, I've never denied I wouldn't buy it, or that I'm a hypocrite. Fact is it's still going to be a great experience; just one I've had a couple of times before and one that could have been a lot better!!

Thing is, I definitely Wii Speak, so getting this game for £10, £20 is a decent price.

I'll defend Nintendo more than most; but Animal Crossing and Wii Music are the biggest dissapointments I've witnessed outside of supporting Spurs!! Seriously, I would say I think it's a joke but 1. People will say "But it's supposed to be a toy!!!!!!" Bollocks and 2. I'm getting both games so I'm a fucking moron!

See :D Always new it, doesn't stop me from being disappointed though.

I'm wanting to preorder this game, but GAME isn't very clear; they have it for £40 but it doesn't say if it's the WiiSpeak version!!

Does anyone have any idea whats going on with game.co.uk?

PLAY have both versions and all is good, but I'd rather use game for my reward card.

They put the game up for pre-order shortly after E3 at which point it wasn't confirmed that there would be a bundle for Europe. It seems they still need to update the site with some updated info since they still have the game down with a Q4 release instead of 5th December. They still haven't added Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon despite the date got announced ages ago, which is annoying me.

I've already pre-ordered AC:LgttC so I'm hoping they'll ask which I want once they update.

Edit: OK, seems they have updated the AC:LgttC page with the correct date and lowered the price to £34.99 and I never got an e-mail telling me they had changed it. Still nothing about the Wii Speak bundle though.

*enters thread to see what's new, sees dazzybee's still crying about it, makes pointless post, leaves*

LOL!

:D

I'm not crying about it, I just want to know if you can play hide and seek with real people. I doubt you can though because I wonder how they would do the 'I've found you' mechanic!

I'm getting this game, I'm sure it'll be great; but I'm just waiting to something different, that's all.

I feel the same having played Animal Forest on N64, Animal Crossing on cube and Wild World on DS it is time to have something a little different. I hope the new features will add enough diversity beyond the daily chore list plus that the new online features offers enough past what the mode offered on DS.

I understand the complaints people have, to be honest I'd also like to see some new furniture styles etc, it looks too much the same. That said, Animal Crossing: Wild world was my first Animal Crossing game, and I love the concept, but unfortunately I've greatly neglected my town.. Mainly because I don't go online that much with my DS. It's easier for me on a console.. So I see this as a great way to get back into the Animal Crossing universe, with the few added new features and bonusses, like the DLC, the city, enhanced customisation, and of course the voice chat. Which make this 1 of only 2 games I'm still looking forward too on Wii untill the end of the year.

I got an e-mail from GAME today about my pre-order saying the price has dropped to £29.99. Thinking this was way too cheap for the bundle I check the site and they now have a bundle version up for £49.99, which it way too much considering I'm buy FE:SD on the same day so I think I'll just be buying the game by itself.

Also I know I probably shouldn't have, but I found a pre-owned copy of the GC version so I snapped it up.

Cheers for the update Ike, I just preordered the bundle with express delivery (I should get this quicker than free delivery, right?).

By the way, you can use this code to get £3 off your order.

NW10GME09

With reward points, express delivery is basically free. That code expires on the 31st of December, so you'll be able to use it over the Christmas period.

No you essentially have City Folk :heh:

Anyone found WiiSpeak alone yet?

Yeah I know, but the GC version is pretty rare now, plus free NES games. :P I couldn't help it.

Cheers for the update Ike, I just preordered the bundle with express delivery (I should get this quicker than free delivery, right?).

By the way, you can use this code to get £3 off your order.

NW10GME09

With reward points, express delivery is basically free. That code expires on the 31st of December, so you'll be able to use it over the Christmas period.

1st class orders usually arrive on Thursday, although sometimes not until Friday (pretty rare though). Is there a price requirement on that code? I might use it on my Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon order (once they put it up that is :mad:).

1st class orders usually arrive on Thursday, although sometimes not until Friday (pretty rare though). Is there a price requirement on that code? I might use it on my Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon order (once they put it up that is :mad:).

£30. It'll fall under, since if it's £29.99 it won't apply. If you include FE and AC in the same order though, you'll get £3 off the overall total.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!