NEurope
Aimless

A Thorn By Any Other Name...

My full name - Dean Jones - is pretty boring. The main thing I don't like is that the surname is my Step Dad's surname.

That's an awesome name, it's like James Dean, sharp, to the point, and I don't know who James Dean is, but the name definately gives the vibe they're gonna be a badass.

David Scott Iun Rohhann Robert Jastallis Teleka Hockley.

Iun's in the middle, and I never go by my first name. I think nicknames are helpful for identifying people, but if you are not careful, you can become a different person based on the name people call you.

That's a pretty majestic name! I like it! : peace:

Well my name can be Pat Frost. Patrick Frost works just as well but you have that double single syllable, like James Bond.

Iun's in the middle, and I never go by my first name. I think nicknames are helpful for identifying people, but if you are not careful, you can become a different person based on the name people call you.

*hugs Iun*

At last, somebody who shares the same pain that I do.:weep:

Simple: Ine Spee.

Can't say I love it. My first name is okay I guess, even though it's so very common here. My last name I don't always like that much, as it sounds weird (especially when said together with my first name) and no one ever knows how to spell it or they simply don't understand me when I say my name.

Probably would never change it though.

the name leigh always reminds me of

[Picture]

(guy on the left - created and wrote most of the saw movies)

Are you trying to put me off?

Very palatial. I think Jimjam and yourself should focus on becoming royalty as soon as possible.

My last name I don't always like that much, as it sounds weird (especially when said together with my first name) and no one ever knows how to spell it or they simply don't understand me when I say my name.

I'm struggling to work out how else you'd spell 'Spee'. Spea? Or is it not pronounced how I expect? I'm saying it like 'speed' just without the 'd'.

I can't say I particularly love my surname, but I think changing it would be a bit... disrespectful, I suppose. I don't feel too bad about wanting to change my first name as it's just a case of switching it around rather than coming up with something entirely new.

Full name is Dominic Sheard

Love the name Dominic, just the word Dom sounds great! :D

I'm struggling to work out how else you'd spell 'Spee'. Spea? Or is it not pronounced how I expect? I'm saying it like 'speed' just without the 'd'.

No, it's more like Spé (the French é). Not sure it's a sound you have in the English language (I can't think of an example, that's for sure). And people often end up spelling it Spe, with one e. Or I've also had people think my name was Ines Pee (oh god that looks so bad written down). Not Pee as in pee though... >.>;

I like my name: Ahmed Bially. Everyone calls each other by their last names here anyway because there are millions of Ahmeds/Mohammeds/Alys/whatever, and nobody I know in Egypt so far has had my last name. It's pretty nice if people know how to pronounce it.

No, it's more like Spé (the French é).

Oh, right. So more 'spey', like the vowel in 'weigh'. I think. Can you tell I got a C in French?

It's pretty nice if people know how to pronounce it.

'Be-ah-ley'? Or am I continuing my run of mispronunciation?

That's a pretty majestic name! I like it! : peace:

Thanks! According to family legend my great-great-great-great grandfather was a chief in the Aleut nation. But I'm sure that's just bullhonkey to make us sound better!

Oh, right. So more 'spey', like the vowel in 'weigh'. I think. Can you tell I got a C in French?

Eh, sort of, but not really. Actually no, not at all... X3

I can't explain it, the only way would be to record it, which I don't feel like doing right now (or possibly ever). =P

I can't explain it, the only way would be to record it, which I don't feel like doing right now (or possibly ever). =P

Fair enough. Should I ever have to use your surname I'll just call you Ine SP. After the GameBoy Advance.

If the e is an "é" sound, would the closest English phonetic spelling be "S-peh"?

Anyhow, my name is William Robert Buxton, an oddly bland name, and I'm only called William by my grandmothers. Anyone else who calls me that is just ignored. If you want my attention, I'm Will.

It means you can have fun with phrases such as "where there's a will, there's a way", and the less fortunate "fire at will". :(

It means you can have fun with phrases such as "where there's a will, there's a way", and the less fortunate "fire at will". :(

I feel sorry for you, always getting shot at in films. It must limit career choices -there's no way you could join the armed forces or the police.

I feel sorry for you, always getting shot at in films. It must limit career choices -there's no way you could join the armed forces or the police.

For post of the police force in Blighty I'd be fine...

My choice phrase when I'm planning on helping other people is "where there's a Will, there's a way, and I'm a Will!"

Oh, the cringes! :awesome:

I love these threads! utter stalker heaven.

As for my name - fairly content. My first name (james) is fairly bland, but gets me by. It's nice to go by various monikers in different circles, and interesting to see why people pick whether to call me james or some sort of twisted version of my surname. obviously being called "jay" by n-ers is the weirdest of all.

But no! Happy happy with the name.

If the e is an "é" sound, would the closest English phonetic spelling be "S-peh"?

s-peh would require the accent to go the other way, I think :)

I... have no idea how you even pronounce that S-peh thing, so I don't know...

For post of the police force in Blighty I'd be fine...

My choice phrase when I'm planning on helping other people is "where there's a Will, there's a way, and I'm a Will!"

Oh, the cringes! :awesome:

Haha, awesome! Cheesy lines like that are always great!

s-peh would require the accent to go the other way, I think :)

Ah yes, that's the è. I got confused for a bit. =P

Rebecca. but, "becky" please.

i hate it when people call me bex,

but i dont mind when people call me becks ~ and for some reason i can hear the difference between the two :heh:

my surname used to be..... wait for it.......

strange.

yeah ~ i wasn't at all sorry when my dad left ^__^!! haha.

but now it is "carter"

Heh, I just setup a name thread.

Im pretty happy with my name (the full thing is fairly unique) and Id imagine Im the only one in the world with it.

Michael Gavin Laurie Jamieson.

Peeps call me Mike or Michael. I dont mind either. I like it. Albeit a fairly common first name.

My first name is the last bit of the The fish's first name; Liam. I suppose it's an ok name, although there is something i don't like about it.

My last name is Bailey, which i think sounds ok.

Which makes me Liam Bailey :)

Rebecca. but, "becky" please.

i hate it when people call me bex,

but i dont mind when people call me becks ~ and for some reason i can hear the difference between the two :heh:

my surname used to be..... wait for it.......

strange.

yeah ~ i wasn't at all sorry when my dad left ^__^!! haha.

but now it is "carter"

Bex, whats your dads first name?

My full name is Matthew John Felstead. Pretty much only my mum calls me Matthew, she has a personal vendetta against Matt and says it's disrespectful :wtf:

Anyway nobody can ever spell and most people can't pronounce my surname, it's not even difficult really. I never use my middle name, infact its only on my birth certificate and passport as far as i'm aware.

Charles Robert Douglas

Although I've always been known as Charlie. It's OK I suppose, not really too fond of it but wouldn't change it. My middle name is my Grandpa's name which I quite like. If I were ever to write a book it would be by Robert Douglas, it sounds more appropriate to me somehow. Douglas is awesome, so much history associated with the name Douglas.

Apart from for official purposes I'm never called Charles, I always have to correct teachers etc when they're doing the register. Quite a few people call me Chaz (although if I were to write it I'd spell it 'Chas' as that makes more sense as being short for Charles). Other nicknames include Charcoal, Charlaooooo (Char-lowww (making your voice go high at the start of the 2nd part), C-Dawg, Charlie le Chat (a French textbook we used had a character in it called Charlie le Chat) or just 'le Chat'. When I'm a criminal mastermind that will be my name.

My first name, as with my forum name is: "Jordan".

Its kinda boring, back when i was born it was actually fairly unique. It was quite rare for someone to be called Jordan back in '88. Now its annoyingly common and when i say my name some people think i've said "John" which pisses me off to no end.

My last name is "Khoviteri-Zadeh." (Cover-terry-zar-dah), its a bastard. Writing cheques, signing for shit etc. is just so annoying when you have to write the whole damn thing. Often it doesn't fit on forms either. Which is just gay as hell.

I don't mind my name, i wouldn't change it but it ain't great.