N-Europe

Hell's Kitchen

Retro_Link

Ubisoft [who's stopped reading??] bring Hell's Kitchen to Wii...

hells-kitchen-20080710095845604_640w.jpg

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/887/887765p1.html

Ubisoft Serves Up Hell's Kitchen: The Video Game

The video game based on Fox's hit TV show features virtual celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay.

Today Ubisoft announced that it will publish Hell's Kitchen: The Video Game, for Wii, Nintendo DS, PC and Mac. Developed by Ludia, Hell's Kitchen: The Video Game is based on the U.S. hit Fox television program from Granada America featuring world-renowned Chef Gordon Ramsay. The game will allow players to experience the show's high-pressure kitchen and dining room challenges as a faithfully rendered 3D Chef Ramsay watches their every move.

"I had a great time doing the voice for my own animation," said Gordon Ramsay. "Being in a video game is a new experience for me and I'm very pleased with the results."

After executing the three phases of an order - preparation, cooking and service - Chef Gordon Ramsay will score each meal. As they progress through the game, players will be rewarded with access to recipes from Chef Ramsay's own repertoire.

"Hell's Kitchen has everything a great video game needs: pressure, excitement and intense competition," said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Ubisoft North America. "We are very excited to be bringing the intensity of celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay and the Hell's Kitchen experience to the virtual world this fall."

Hell's Kitchen: The Video Game will be released worldwide September 2008.

Key Features:

-Chef Ramsay watches players' every move and judges them as they progress by yelling at them, praising them or shutting down the kitchen if their skills don't meet his expectations.

-As players progress, they'll gain access to authentic Gordon Ramsay recipes, including many that are offered exclusively to game owners.

-In Career Mode, players can earn stars to build their way up from a Single-Star restaurant to a prestigious Five-Star establishment. As the player advances through the ranks, their star rating advances and the recipes become more varied and intricate.

-In Arcade Mode, the pressure builds as customers become increasingly demanding. Players will be challenged to keep up with the pressure before time is up, or Chef Ramsay loses patience and closes the kitchen.

hells-kitchen-20080710095846651_640w.jpg

hells-kitchen-20080710095847729_640w.jpg

hells-kitchen-20080710095848807_640w.jpg

hells-kitchen-20080710095849822_640w.jpg

Not much to say except... WFT!!

Get on with Red Steel 2 Ubisoft!

Mushrooms...

Cream...

Sauce...

DONE!

Lol (I wonder how many people have a certain "F Word" for this news)

This game will have no swearing in it so it's an automatic fail.

Ah so true!

Though the lack of game swearing will be replaced by players airing their thoughts back at Ubisoft.

I was going to say the same thing... but err, to give Ubisoft a tiny bit of credit, I guess this will find some audience. But you just knew that this title would have come from them (I don't need to say anymore).

I've seen a flash game about a sushi restaurant that looks very similar to this. But hey if it's a budget title then I don't mind.

And it's being published by Ubi and developed by Ludia so don't bash them for wanting to make money (cos that's all that publishers do).

I recon I could have fun with this title, I don't know how long that fun would last but you also get a load of real recipes and have Gordon scream at you (if you get off on that sort of thing then it's definitely a plus ;) ) so I don't want to slag it into a grave. I remember that Tetris didn't seem like it would have any lasting appeal when I first played it.

But yeah, not exactly the big hitter title that we all want is it?

...Who the hell is Gordon Ramsay?
Good..... now F*ck off out my forum!

...DONE!

He's probably at present the most famous chef in the world, he's from the UK, has loads of restaurants across the globe, endless michelin stars, numerous tv shows in both the UK and the US, and is known for his swearing!

Good..... now F*ck off out my forum!

...DONE!

He's probably at present the most famous chef in the world, he's from the UK, has loads of restaurants across the globe, endless michelin stars, numerous tv shows in both the UK and the US, and is known for his swearing!

He does a lot of back-slapping the palm of his other hand as well...