Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Bookends

MoogleViper

that'll be £999.97 pleasey thank you.

How about I give you no money, and if you don’t like that transaction, I stab you in the gums with me screwdriver? metaphorical prize to whoever can guess the quote.

Seriouesly though how much would you want for it?

i think it was a take on eating pussy.

Ah, I see ...

Well, this is awkward!

Moogle, just get those regular, L-shaped bookends made from some light metal. The books at the ends of the row will be standing on the horizontal part of the L, effectively holding them in position. I can't imagine them being expensive.

Guest bluey
How about I give you no money, and if you don’t like that transaction, I stab you in the gums with me screwdriver? metaphorical prize to whoever can guess the quote.

Seriouesly though how much would you want for it?

well tbh i wont even know if i still own them until the beginning of next month when i'm home... so just ignore me for now and if i still have them then you're welcome to them. just postage costs would be fine. if it makes you feel better you can round the P&P price up to the nearest hundred. :grin:

Guest bluey
Is this gonna be another one of those threads....

the ones that are locked or moved to the trading boards...? hopefully :indeed:

moogle i'll PM you once i know if i've still got them, but dont wait on them ~ buy the cheap bookends or do what oldwin suggested :grin:

:heart:

I've never had this problem, what with always having shelves with edges and more books than shelf space, but I imagine I'd just put massive books at each end of the shelf - The Cambridge Grammar of the English Language at one end, and the New Japanese to English Character Dictionary at the other, and you're sorted. :wink:

the solution to the bookend dilemma is to study geology.

I use interesting fossils found on various field trips for my bookends (although to be fair I have so many books shoved into a small space falling over isnt an issue).