NEurope

This is inspired from the What is your passion thread. Not stolen, inspired.

Basically, my passion is music, and when I listen to particular songs I get different feelings. Songs also remind me of particular people as well.

BYOB (or anything by System, for that matter) reminds me of ViPeR/Joe from our very own forums.

Now, the question I put to you is...what song reminds other people of you? For whatever reason. It doesn't have to be anyone from this forum, but if it is, then YOU WIN!

Also, do any songs remind you of anybody else?

The 5 note chooon from Close Encounters of the Third Kind reminds me of my housemate. You know, the doo-duhh-do duh-daaaaa bit. Whenever I'm near his piano, it's what I play.

Ok, I've lost my chain of thought. No, it's back now, forget that last sentence. So, yes. What song reminds you of other people, or what song reminds other people of you? Post Both, I don't mind, do eet.

ooohh good thread flinky ma'boy. Needs thought, possibly steak. I'll be back.

Flinky reminds me of this song:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4H0BMfqFP9c

But give a minute, and I'll be back with a couple more.

I fudging LOVE that song. Old Foo's are the shiznitch. My user title contains lyrics from headwires. :)

Dan: For some reason, I just want to call you an idiot. You..are an idiot. There you are, I did it.

Platty reminds me of The Subways, because of his old school sig. And also Feeling This. :D

Slipknot - vermillion reminds me of lee (ex/mate/god knows) because we were on the train the very first day (in the evening) back to his and some chav was playing loud music so he played that and the guy opposite was laughing

I can't not think of him when that song is played.

Objection by Shakira reminds me of my eldest sister, because when she used to live with us that was the song she played most often in her room.

Cover Me by Bjork reminds of Paj Meen Ah, because it's his favourite Bjork song, and I doubt anyone else in the world would call it their fave Beej song.

MIKADO!!! Reminds me of Jordan :p Also running in the ninties.

Also, the Area 5 track from Rez (Fear is the mind killer) is mine and Jordan's song :smile:

I've been told that ever since a certain incident round a frriends house, Naked Pictures of your mother by Electric Six would be a suitable wrestling opening theme for me.

Does this count?

Broken- Amy Lee feat. Seether (reminds me of my ex.fucker)

I dont wanna miss a thing - Aerosmith (the song my ex sang to me every night before I sleep. I always cry when I listen to it)

grrrrr

Anything by Blink 182 always makes me think of our very own Platty here :heh:

There's multiple songs that always remind me of my g/f

But Belgium by Bowling For Soup and Gotta Believe in Magic by David Pomeranz are the top two

I've been told by cousins and friends this song reminds me of them cuz it's like a karaoke party piece of mine at filipino parties...tis a good laugh after everyones had a few drinks.

Note: It's in Filipino, and I also don't understand it :heh:

And currently my fav song of the moment is another filipino song, heard this on the radio in my cousins car one night while over there last April, I was asleep, I woke up when I heard this start, the energy of the song is just awesome, I can't stop listening to it

The Lightning Seeds - Sugar Coated Iceberg reminds me of Flinky because we were talking about them once saying how good they are.

reminds me of this bitch girl I know. Used to be really really close to her but then she just doesn't want to know me anymore and once whilst listening to this song we had a big long discussion about "us", I had this on repeat.

Akon - Lonely reminds me of the same girl, after she turned me down during the Summer I listened to this. Bitch.

The Who - Who Are You reminds me of my best friend, because he went through a phase where he thought that was the best song in the world and played it constantly.

Flight of the Conchords reminds me of a different friend because we both learned basically every lyric to every song at one stage.

I think recently I'm known kinda by Pork and Beans by Weezer, because I hum it constantly.

Don't know the name of the song, but everyone knows it. It goes, "In the summertime, when the weather is fine" etc. etc.

Why? because apparently I look good in a Hawaiian shirt & sandals.

Also 'Stuck in the Middle With You' by Stealers Whels. don't know why.

Anything by my favourite musicians reminds people of me because I never stop talking about them :p. A friend told me a long time ago that Sculpting The Throne ov Seth by Behemoth and The Bard's song by Blind Guardian always remind him of me.

Anything by Weezer, but especially Keep Fishing reminds me of Flinky, because of their whimsically endearing nature = p

Take This Life by In Flames (as meh as it is) reminds me of my first real girlfriend, because it came out the week after I started going out with her and I remember walking down to the library with it on repeat. They both have a brief elating quality :heh:

I Disappear by Metallica and Lounge Act by Nirvana remind me of my best friend, because of their combined sense of alpha maleness and overbearing angst (and also because he always plays these songs in the car)

Lay Lady Lay by Bob Dylan, anything by Asian Dub Foundation, Lover You Should Have Come Over by Jeff Buckley and Black seeds of Vengeance by Nile remind me of my last g/f.

Morissey reminds me of my old art teacher, who is the most empathetic person on the planet, because of an argument we had about music.

Samson by Regina Spektor reminds me of some friends in my A level English class who got me listening to her.

Glass Prison by Dream Theater reminds me of my friend Ben (who was also on N-E for a short while).

lot more but that's all for now.

This version of Hey Jude reminds me of Haden because last year (or the year before) I used to listen to it loads and we'd talk about it quite a lot. Great version of an amazing song.

Apparently Ordinary World by Duran Duran is my song. My old best friend from 4 or 5 years back said it to me and I haven't forgotten that since :D

I Feel It All by Feist and Heartbreak To Hate by Angelfish remind me of Chairdriver!

Other songs that remind me of other friends..Mercy by Duffy, You Learn by Alanis Morissette, You Are My Sister by Antony And The Johnsons, Mr.Brightside by The Killers...

Only one I can think of right now:

Bird Gehrl - Antony and the Johnsons: started listening to them last year as my cousin had sent me some of their songs. This one reminds me of my grandmother, as she died that week. This song especially stood out because of the line 'And the bird girls go to heaven'. Still makes me cry.

Any New Found Glory song, mostly Sonny, reminds me of Jim (old folks here will remember him from the C-E era). He also got me into Millencolin way back when who have remained my favourite band ever since.

Loads of songs remind me of other people though, too many to mention really. If someone likes something then i relate it to them, that's partly why i like to listen to different music not many people know as it makes it more mine, if that makes sense.

Urg. Stellastarr* - My Coco = first crush. Anything remotely opera-gothic = second/first kiss, then pretty much all the music I ever heard during the two years I was with her = my ex. That last lot was a killer and ruined a lot of awesome music for me.

Great thread. Got a train journey later, will make a note of any associations I have.

MIKADO!!! Reminds me of Jordan :p Also running in the ninties.

Also, the Area 5 track from Rez (Fear is the mind killer) is mine and Jordan's song :smile:

MIKADOOO WAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :p

Also, theres a reason for me and Letty having that as our song. Well, several.

1, Rez kicks serious ass.

2, Area 5 in Rez kicks serious ass.

3, Fear is the Mind Killer by Adam Freeland kicks serious ass.

4, Its the first song we ever heard whilst in the same room, which kicks serious ass.

Serious. Ass.

Hold The Line by TOTO reminds me of my cousins, because we made a film and used it as our montage tune. It's also fucking awesome, fyi.

BYOB (or anything by System, for that matter) reminds me of ViPeR/Joe from our very own forums.

Haha, the funny thing is that has become my least favourite System song due to overplayedness. I'd say anything Oasis reminds me of you :heh:. Nearly all of my music reminds me of a time in my life. Too many bands to mention really.