N-Europe

Top Gear New Series (Starts Sunday 22nd)

Guest Jordan

The BBC are playing this down. Before I read that article, I thought it was just t do with May. I really don't think it's that big of a deal, although If Clarkson is on £2m a year, I don't see why May and Hammond shouldn't be protesting their lesser salaries. Shame if it all blows up, because if one of them goes, the whole show goes.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I didn't get the full, 100% Top Gear experience - I was flicking over to BBC1 throughout the entire show :P Caught most of it though, but I'll watch the friday repeat.

I love Clarkson's new "I've been looking on the internet and look what I've found!" feature. I would so want to be in that studio audience, although he would probably insult my hair :blank:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I've never really understood why Top Gear is so popular. It's just cars isn't it? What's so great about that?

it's not really about the cars though. It's easily one of the funniest tv shows..ever. I mean, the stuff they get up to is just damn right hilarious! The amount of girls i know that love it is just ridiculous.

Yay! Great news. A longer series than the last aswell hopefully.

Also, anyone else think the BBC are miliking Top Gear a bit too much nowadays? Everywhere I go, there are hundreds of Top Gear books on the shelves and most of them are aimed at children. There's even toy sets, posters and T-shirts!

Yay! Great news. A longer series than the last aswell hopefully.

Also, anyone else think the BBC are miliking Top Gear a bit too much nowadays? Everywhere I go, there are hundreds of Top Gear books on the shelves and most of them are aimed at children. There's even toy sets, posters and T-shirts!

That's how the world works. Something gets popular, the franchise expands until eventually the series itself collapses under its own weight and dies an undignified death during season 25. See: The Simpsons.