N-Europe

Sony Voted More Innovative Than Nintendo, Apple, Microsoft...

Calza

Innovation is a bollocks term to use really. Sony did a hell of a lot for gaming with the Playstation and Playstation 2, but what was really innovative? Apple has shaped the way people listen to music with the iPod. but how innovative was it really?

A lot of it is just putting together a number of ideas in a way that works brilliantly. Does that count as innovation?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yawn! What a load of crap. Half the people who took the survey will no doubt have lacked the capacity to understand what innovation means!

And what does innovation mean?

Google?

WTF

Plz tell me your joking.

What the heck is BT?

What country was this in? I just don't understand how Virgin and Tesco could end up there. They're friggin' STORES. The one and only way they possibly can innovate in the future is if they'll be first to retail stuff by teleportation-order. Or if they'll have cyborgs walking around explaining to old grannies how a DVD-player works and what the difference between DVD and KFC is.

What the heck is BT?

What country was this in? I just don't understand how Virgin and Tesco could end up there. They're friggin' STORES. The one and only way they possibly can innovate in the future is if they'll be first to retail stuff by teleportation-order. Or if they'll have cyborgs walking around explaining to old grannies how a DVD-player works and what the difference between DVD and KFC is.

Not anymore it is isn't! They got bought out...

Whats so special about Google -.-

All their different searches (Book, Maps, Parents, etc), Google Earth, Google Desktop (which is now obsolete, because Microsoft copied the idea and made it as a standard feature in Vista) and loads of other stuff.

What the heck is BT?

The company which is pretty much in charge of the UK's phones.

The question seems to broad. I mean it would be better asking what was the most innovative company over the last year or ten years. With this you don't know how far you can go back. I mean hell where is the East India Company?

The question seems to broad. I mean it would be better asking what was the most innovative company over the last year or ten years. With this you don't know how far you can go back. I mean hell where is the East India Company?

That is the problem you have to wonder what some of them are basing their votes on owing to companies that appear...it could be for innovations years ago, or just yesterday...

And what does innovation mean?

"In many fields, something new must be substantially different to be innovative, not an insignificant change" from Wikipedia

I think Nintendo has been the most innovative console producer by a long way. Incremental increases in graphics and storage are nothing compared to a whole new way of interacting with the system.

"In many fields, something new must be substantially different to be innovative, not an insignificant change" from Wikipedia

I think Nintendo has been the most innovative console producer by a long way. Incremental increases in graphics and storage are nothing compared to a whole new way of interacting with the system.

"More innovations than you can shake your stick at!"

Guest Jordan
Google are also just a search engine, like Yahoo or live.com.

Whats so special about Google -.-

Google Labs which make all of Google's best products? Ie: Google Earth, Google Maps, iGoogle, Froogle (now Google Product Search), Google Image Search, Google Video, Gmail (the first large email inbox), Google News, Google Blogs, Google Groups, Google Desktop, Google Talk, Google Trends.

Need any more innovation?

Google Labs which make all of Google's best products? Ie: Google Earth, Google Maps, iGoogle, Froogle (now Google Product Search), Google Image Search, Google Video, Gmail (the first large email inbox), Google News, Google Blogs, Google Groups, Google Desktop, Google Talk, Google Trends.

Need any more innovation?

They didn't invent the Wiimote. So really, none of them count.

Guest Jordan
They didn't invent the Wiimote. So really, none of them count.

What the...?

Please say that was sarcasm towards the other posters >_>.

What the...?

Please say that was sarcasm towards the other posters >_>.

Well think what you see, but, everything Google has done has been done before. Google really mastered them. So technically they aren't really innovative. But then again, this statement that I just made could also be sarcasm.

Ofcourse, it is a complete shambles this list, as on an objective point of view, you can clearly see that our Almighty Nintendo have created the most unique and family friendly forms of entertainment ever seen in not only our generation but the previous generation. No one on this list could come close to defying that.

Again, however, what is the true intent behind these statements? I will leave that to your own imaginations.

I ain't got time to join this right now, but i must say im impressed by the level of arrogance displayed by people who are obviously completely clueless.

There was a topic on a similar list a while back, but it was done by some industry magazine (iirc). The companies and the ordering was pretty much the same, as were the idiotic comments...

Well think what you see, but, everything Google has done has been done before. Google really mastered them. So technically they aren't really innovative. But then again, this statement that I just made could also be sarcasm.

Ofcourse, it is a complete shambles this list, as on an objective point of view, you can clearly see that our Almighty Nintendo have created the most unique and family friendly forms of entertainment ever seen in not only our generation but the previous generation. No one on this list could come close to defying that.

Again, however, what is the true intent behind these statements? I will leave that to your own imaginations.

Nope pretty sure Adsense was a new idea. And you clearly don't know innovative means.

As for the rest of your post :blank:

Seriously though, it's a bit unfair to say Tesco aren't innovative, they come up with a new idea (even if it's small) most years and most of the other supermarket chains follow in their footsteps. I believe green bags and self service checkouts were their ideas?

PS: The above paragraph may be slightly biased since I do work for Tesco and they gave me an excellent privilege card :P

it's amazing how anyone can have a heated debate about tesco:D

Especially when Sainsburys are clearly the better supermarket.

I don't mind Tesco. It's Waitrose I can't stand. Supermarket for the upper class, my ass.

Anyway, it's a list posted on the Internet - not taken from the Bible. Until Jesus comes up with a list of his own, there's no point getting worked up over it. And everyone knows God is secretly, or not so, an Atari fan.

Especially when Sainsburys are clearly the better supermarket.

I don't mind Tesco. It's Waitrose I can't stand. Supermarket for the upper class, my ass.

Anyway, it's a list posted on the Internet - not taken from the Bible. Until Jesus comes up with a list of his own, there's no point getting worked up over it. And everyone knows God is secretly, or not so, an Atari fan.

well we don't have sainburys in Ireland but.

Dunnes Stored over here has done exactly what tesco has done before iesco even came to ireland. That's why I doubt tesco;s innovation.