NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Calza

Sony Voted More Innovative Than Nintendo, Apple, Microsoft...

A survey conducted out of 500 people aged 18 to 65, who were asked about which companies they found more innovative. The results came in with Sony being top, Apple 2nd and Microsoft 3rd.

The top 20 innovative brands are:

* 1. Sony

* 2. Apple

* 3. Microsoft

* 4. Virgin

* 5. Nokia

* 6. Dyson

* 7. Nintendo

* 8. Tesco

* 9. Sky

* 10. Panasonic

* 11. Honda

* 12. Samsung

* 13. Google

* 14. Phillips

* 15. Dell

* 16. Toyota

* 17. eBay

* 18. Amazon

* 19. BT

* 20. Toshiba

The survey, to be repeated on an annual basis, revealed that 74% of consumers respect brands that are 'constantly moving forward'. In addition, 85% said they want new products to make their life easier, although 60% are against the idea of creating something new for the sake of it.

CVG Article

Brand Republic Survey

So they essentially asked 500 random people to name a company they like?

Ok understand that microsoft and sony are not only gaming brands but even then....MICROSOFT? why the hell are they there?

lol tesco I suppose on-line delivery was their idea:)

and innovative isn't a world used often is common day language I'm willing to bet most people didn't even know what it meant..

Dyson completely revolutionised the whole vacuum industry and are still leading the way in the whole sector.

And to you actually need Tesco explaining?

Dyson completely revolutionised the whole vacuum industry and are still leading the way in the whole sector.

And to you actually need Tesco explaining?

Several years ago, they did. Wasn't their latest innovation the ability to turn your vaccuum cleaner round corners?

And yes.

Sigh.

mcj Metroid just said one of them. They have pretty much shaped the general population's lifestyles, I don't think one single company has had a greater impact on the UK.

Sigh.

mcj Metroid just said one of them. They have pretty much shaped the general population's lifestyles, I don't think one single company has had a greater impact on the UK.

No way...Tesco have not innovated, they have consumed all the free space in the country (interestingly I live in Harrogate one of only 2 postcodes in the whole of the UK to not have tesco within X miles) they can dumped shops on them and placed everyone elses ideas in their shops and then also even stolen stuff from other types of companies. Yes you can go to one place for your shopping and say your insurance but they didn't invite either and their rates aren't even that good!

They have pretty much shaped the general population's lifestyles, I don't think one single company has had a greater impact on the UK.

No idea if they invented these or not, but things that spring to mind are:

Clubcard Points

Computers for Schools Vouchers

Non-food growth: Appliances, Pharmacy, Insurance

Self-serve Checkouts

Bag For Life

Parent/Toddler Parking

And my personal favourite:

Half an Hour Queues for Petrol

No way...Tesco have not innovated, they have consumed all the free space in the country (interestingly I live in Harrogate one of only 2 postcodes in the whole of the UK to not have tesco within X miles) they can dumped shops on them and placed everyone elses ideas in their shops and then also even stolen stuff from other types of companies. Yes you can go to one place for your shopping and say your insurance but they didn't invite either and their rates aren't even that good!

So right you are saying they havn't innovated because they are so popular and they have been able to set up so many stores around the country due to this.

Innovation is never something new, thats invention. Innovation is pushing the concept forward. Think about music, both CD walkmans and MP3 players allow for music to be listened to on the go however MP3 player's are deemed more innovative due to the fact that they can carry your whole music library opposed to just having a single album.

MOTHER FUCKIN RIDGE RACER AND ITS PSP REAR VIEW MIRROR

FUCKIN FUCK

Don't forget their new waggle phone. Which lets you play motion-sensitive bowling in the middle of the street.

MOTHER FUCKIN RIDGE RACER AND ITS PSP REAR VIEW MIRROR

FUCKIN FUCK

lets not be foolish here i really think sony deserve the top spot.

but yes in gaming its a no... but microsoft are worse

Sony did some innovation, but that was like in the Stone Age.

They do good Bravia adverts, can't say their gaming approach is too innovative, just technically brilliant.

500 people is way to small a sample.

Branding Consultancy Incite cannot honestly call themselves professionals. A person with 8th grade statistics could probably do a better job.

So right you are saying they havn't innovated because they are so popular and they have been able to set up so many stores around the country due to this.

Innovation is never something new, thats invention. Innovation is pushing the concept forward. Think about music, both CD walkmans and MP3 players allow for music to be listened to on the go however MP3 player's are deemed more innovative due to the fact that they can carry your whole music library opposed to just having a single album.

Your example of CD walkmans and MP3 players is correct in terms of innovation but falls down when used as Tesco. Name one thing they do in an innovative way that is better than others? nothing...the fact remains they trade on their name and brand and owing to an aggresive expansion strategy have become ingrained in peoples mind as the supermarket to go to. They are a corporate shit for want of a better way of putting it, for example buying land they have no plans to build on just to prevent others from building on it.

They do not innovate..their popularity has nothing to do with them innovating. Most of the other companies I can see a case for them innovating even the more suspect ones, but I refuse to accept Tesco.

Your example of CD walkmans and MP3 players is correct in terms of innovation but falls down when used as Tesco. Name one thing they do in an innovative way that is better than others? nothing...the fact remains they trade on their name and brand and owing to an aggresive expansion strategy have become ingrained in peoples mind as the supermarket to go to. They are a corporate shit for want of a better way of putting it, for example buying land they have no plans to build on just to prevent others from building on it.

They do not innovate..their popularity has nothing to do with them innovating. Most of the other companies I can see a case for them innovating even the more suspect ones, but I refuse to accept Tesco.

What north american store would tesco compare to most?

I'm sure Tesco have begun to infiltrate the American market. Other than that, probably Walmart.

7th is quite good for a company that currently has only two products on the market. (discounting software of course!)

What north american store would tesco compare to most?

Walmart. As my good friend below says;

I'm sure Tesco have begun to infiltrate the American market. Other than that, probably Walmart.

A survey conducted out of 500 people aged 18 to 65, who were asked about which companies they found more innovative. The results came in with Sony being top, Apple 2nd and Microsoft 3rd.

The top 20 innovative brands are:

* 1. Sony

* 2. Apple

* 3. Microsoft

* 4. Virgin

* 5. Nokia

* 6. Dyson

* 7. Nintendo

* 8. Tesco

* 9. Sky

* 10. Panasonic

* 11. Honda

* 12. Samsung

* 13. Google

* 14. Phillips

* 15. Dell

* 16. Toyota

* 17. eBay

* 18. Amazon

* 19. BT

* 20. Toshiba

The survey, to be repeated on an annual basis, revealed that 74% of consumers respect brands that are 'constantly moving forward'. In addition, 85% said they want new products to make their life easier, although 60% are against the idea of creating something new for the sake of it.

CVG Article

Brand Republic Survey

Gameing wise of course dont make me laugh when it comes to Sony being more invovative that Nintendo to the best of my knowledge (at a guess as im sure most will all ready know) Nintendo pionneered/ brought the console market 1st the follow that sony then used in there own consoles, Memory units(cards)) Console Controller Rumble Feed Back, Analogue Sticks, and now motion sensor technology. FTW.

BT? dont make me laugh.

It's funny how a conversation about hoovers can lead to this. Swivel Sweeper all the way.

Yeah, it was strange to see Calza getting defensive over vaccuum cleaners and supermarkets. :heh:

Sign in to follow this