Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

It's a tough one, I never like to predict the derby. In one sense I'm concerned that our midfield is crap with injuries and suspensions, but on the other hand Tottenham have hardly been setting the league on fire this season.

Either way it's a must-win game for both our teams. I just hope we give Arsenal a good game, and show some damn fight!

Will Arhavin start, or is he not 'match fit' yet?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Arhavin start, or is he not 'match fit' yet?

I doubt he'll even get on the pitch. According to reports he'd only done 10 days of pre-season training and his last match was back in November. I reckon Wenger will put him on the bench to show him the ropes, but thats about it. Maybe 10 minutes at the end.

I'll be getting up to watch Arsenal v Spurs just to see Arshavin, Keane and Palacios (sp?). Really want to see Arshavin score:D.

I saw this last week and was going to ask, and I've just seen it in the Liverpool game to prompt me. How can u have an indirect free kick in the box?

Have to feel sorry for Pompey, they've had the worst luck recently.

They've been defending so, so poorly recently. Liverpool didn't win yesterday, Portsmouth defeated themselves. They could and should have won that game, had it not been for some daft mistakes. The Crouch backpass, Distin fucking up for the second goal, a combination of Distin and Campbell for the last goal. Liverpool rested so many important players, so Portsmouth should have seized their chance.

I'm pretty surprised that Chelsea didn't score against Hull yesterday. It would have been such an amazing day had Liverpool dropped points, too, but this is fine.

Also, go Villa. They are looking frightening under Brains...sorry, I mean Mr. Martin O'Neill. Haha.

Looking forward to both games, today. Rooney and Evra should be available for today's game, but I'm not sure how long both will feature. Hmm, at this moment, I wouldn't want to leave either Tevez or Berbatov on the bench, as they've both been playing awesome recently. So, I'd opt for them both to start, and bring Rooney into the game on the hour mark, to freshen things up. It'll be a tough game, but I'm predicting a 2-0 victory for Manchester United. Berbatov and Ronaldo to score.

Hmm, the London derby will be a good one, I feel. Tottenham will hopefully make a game of things, but I'm also feeling that Arsenal will be up for it. It'll be scrappy, and I'm thinking that there will be a sending off. Overall, I expect Arsenal to win this 2-1, but Spurs to score first. I can see Arsenal nicking one right at the death.

Watch as I fail with these predictions, haha.

[Just book me ref, I want a holiday

Top ref reveals Prem stars cheat fans by getting booked deliberately to skive off games

PREMIERSHIP stars are getting booked on purpose to miss matches and skive off, the News of the World reveals today.

The astonishing betrayal of fans by prima donna players was exposed by top Premier League ref Steve Bennett. Last night the league’s bosses launched a probe and said: “We will be asking Bennett for an explanation.”

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/168650/Top-ref-Steve-Bennett-reveals-Premier-League-stars-cheat-fans-by-getting-booked-deliberately-to-skive-off-games.html

Also:

Just metres away, colleagues Howard Webb and Mike Dean were singing Liverpool anthem You’ll Never Walk Alone

Edit: Full time and a point at the end of it. Both came close in injury time but thankfully a point nearer to Chelsea.

A point nearer is not good enough. We need to be winning games, other wise we'll be settling on Uefa Cup (Europa Cup next season isn't it, even worse name).

Definitely not a contender for game of the season. A missed opportunity by Spurs, as they really should have got a goal in that game. I think the amount of times that I shouted "aww, fuck off Pavyluchenko!" reached double figures.

So, I got the red card prediction right, but not the score. Ho hum.

Edit: Just checked the team for the United game. No Rooney or Evra, so they should be playing in the next game. Rafael is on though, with Fabio on the bench. Awesome. :D

Why couldn't Spurs do a professional job and finish them off. Arsenal would have been 8 points adrift of us on the same games, thanks for nothing Redknapp.

Come on West Ham! Crucify United! Villa top by March!!

They worked the ball into dangerous positions, but just didn't seem to do anything with it. As Spirited_Away said, they didn't make the right decisions, and just couldn't get that goal.

Overall, just a little bit of quality lacking in that game. Hats off to Arsenal, they could have left the game with nothing, but they've got a point. One point is better than no points.

Also, Nooooo. Come on, Manchester United! :)

2-0, I think.

Emerald: I'm a bit concerned over the Arsenal defence. Still not convinced, and I think it just lacks some clear leadership at the back.

Another 1-0 from MU! Can't be luck can it?

And another clean sheet. How long is the record going to last?!

2 points ahead with a game in hand is a great position to be in.

Giggs scored a great goal apparently, gonna have to check it out on MotD. He is heading for player of the year.

Another 1-0 from MU! Can't be luck can it?

And another clean sheet. How long is the record going to last?!

2 points ahead with a game in hand is a great position to be in.

Giggs scored a great goal apparently, gonna have to check it out on MotD. He is heading for player of the year.

The Giggs goal was excellent. Well controlled, and he knew exactly what he was doing. Probably one of the finest goals he's ever scored, and he's got a few. :)

Overall, it wasn't the most exciting match in the world. Pretty dull at times, imo. But, it's a difficult place to go to, so a 1-0 away win is fine by me. Man of the Match in my opinion was Vidic. Such a strong defender, and you can see why we haven't conceded many this season by looking at this man. One of the best players of the season.

So, I'm pleased, but it could easily have ended as 1-0. That clean sheet record may soon be our undoing. We're playing like a team that can't be beat, rather than a team looking to win games, at the moment anyway. Hence why we have so many 1-0s. In essence, we are very similar to how Chelsea were under Mourinho. Tough to beat, can win games comfortably, but never by more than one or two goals.

This isn't the worst thing in the world, and the games haven't been the worst games in the world. It seemed like a comfortable game. My only concern right now is whether or not we can turn up the heat if things hadn't gone our way. It would have been interesting to see us play in the last 15 minutes had we not scored.

Man U still have the game in hand mind you.

Also I'm well aware but holding Tottenham to a draw when down to 10 men shows we aren't far off. We need Arvisham on the team ASAP.

Aren't far off what?.. We should be beating teams who are bottom half of the table. It's coming to the closing end of the season, this is where honours get won, we need to start putting in a shift. The league is well beyond us now, but I'd like to think we'll still get something this season, but playing like we are we'll end up with squat.

Arshavin won't be starting for a few weeks, the lad needs match fitness. Eduardo on the other hand, will be in the team when we next play, provided he doesn't get injured playing for Croatia.

Emerald: I'm a bit concerned over the Arsenal defence. Still not convinced, and I think it just lacks some clear leadership at the back.

Billy G and Almunia were immense today. Clichy is still prone to the odd mistake, but we've hardly conceeded recently.

West Ham were unlucky, But that Man U defence was so solid, stopped the chances before West Ham got a shot at goal and there were some good chances for West Ham. Giggs goal really was a quality goal.

Vidic threw himself at everything today. So many blocks and challenges. Van Der Sar made some good saves, but it was very rare that we were troubled. But, from how West Ham played, they did very well. If they continue to keep pushing, they'll keep climbing the table. I like how they play under Zola.

Billy G and Almunia were immense today. Clichy is still prone to the odd mistake, but we've hardly conceeded recently.

But, arguably you've not played against a dangerous/attacking team for a while. You had Everton, who are a great team, but don't tend to score that many goals. I just look through the Arsenal squad and don't see many players who I think are high quality.

Not too bothered about Man U winning. I've always been saying we won't win the league, no matter what the papers have been saying.

I'll take Arsenal and Spurs drawing, it's better than an Arsenal win dat's fer sure.

Can you imagine if Villa won it? The world would implode.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!