Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

Damn, looks like Everton have caused quite a bit of trouble for The Pool. Within weeks, you played three times (although you played the last game as a replay for the FA Cup) with one loss and two draws. I've got to hand it to Everton, they are a really solid team, but perhaps can be too defensive. That is the only reason why I think that they have not firmly broken into the top 4 yet. Give them a goal scorer or two, or someone who is looking to make things happen, and they'd be in for a bigger shout.

They've got some quality players, so it's all about building and adding to that.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cahill and Arteta are world class.

Yeah, and Tim Howard has come a long way and you can tell that he's enjoying his football at Everton. All that they need to do is expand on their squad. I'll be heartbroken if Everton do a Spurs and sell off their big players season-by-season. You don't get anywhere by doing that.

The Football Association (FA) is demanding "a full explanation" into how viewers missed a crucial FA Cup goal due to a technical hitch.

Everton's winning strike in extra time happened as ITV1's coverage abruptly went to an advert break.

link

Some people here said they missed the goal, but for me, it cut back before the goal went in, just as the ball was played into the box.

I'm in the West Midlands on Virgin Cable TV, just wondering what happened for you others.

Dunno if its been mentioned in here or even covered that much in Europe, but Robbie Fowler has signed for Queensland. It's been pretty big news in Australia the last couple of days. Sadly the A-League season has just finished, no idea when the new season starts.

Thats what he said in the press conference, that he paid a visit to Townsville and decided that it would be a great place for his family to live. Which given most of its underwater at the moment is a bit strange.

The A-league has a pretty strict salary cap anyway, so I doubt any players in the top couple of English leagues would go there for the money.

Ramar any predictions for tomorrow's game? I honestly cant call it...

It's a tough one, I never like to predict the derby. In one sense I'm concerned that our midfield is crap with injuries and suspensions, but on the other hand Tottenham have hardly been setting the league on fire this season.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!