Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, great performance from Manchester United today. Why oh why didn't we play this well against Arsenal?!

Everything just worked today. Great attacking play, and more importantly, we really nailed the midfield. Carrick and Ronaldo just ran everything.

Also, 5 excellent goals. We should have had more.

I'm also pleased to see Arsenal lose. All round, a good day.

Shame about the Chelsea score, though.

GET THE FUCK IN!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

According to practically everyone we were brilliant today. I have to watch MoTD later!

Fucking yay! :grin:

According to practically everyone today Mike Riley was fucking awful. The worst ref to ever be involved with football.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Villa, in fact they're a team I admire from a neutral perspective. And today they defended well and took their chances (excluding the pen).

But Mike Riley simply gifted you the game. Firstly the penalty that never was, well from where I was in the stadium it was never a foul, the irony was I told my brother 5 seconds after reading Riley's name on the programme he'd give a penalty against us. I was right. But because the wonderful Emirates Stadium doesn't replay contravesial moments I can't give a definitive opinion. Either way it didn't go in no real problem.

Gallas and Davies clash for a 50:50 ball, no real issue play continues we're in control of the ball 25-30 yards outside the villa box. Riley blows the whistle because Davies is still down. Fair enough, what happens, he gives Villa the ball at the half way line to punt back to Almunia. Serioously what the fuck Riley.. The ball wasn't even there to begin with, and the fact Davies gets straight up and is fine baffles everyone. I believe he gets injured later on, but thats accidental.

First goal, Sagna is fouled, badly injured. What Riley does next is predictable, he lets play continue and Villa score, via Gael Clichy apparently, I thought the Villa guy nodded it in. Well Riley's fucked us about twice already, third time we'll rage we've got plenty of time to get back into it.

Second goal, Arsenal player edge of the box clearly gets fouled, no whistle from Riley because by now it's so far up his arse its tickling his tonsils. Big hoof from Villa, Agbonlahor does what he is best at runs onto it slips it in.

Congrats to Villa definitely out defended us and their tactics were spot on unlike ours. 4-5-1 Mr Wenger? 4-5-fucking-1, against a team notorious for sitting back and counter attacking us.

Looks like I typed a wall of text..

After watching it on MoTD, It's easy to see why you said all that.

It did sorta look like a penalty. To some, probably a stonewall penalty. But that Almunia saved it means it's not an issue.

Sagna wasn't fouled, he went in for the ball and felt something go. None of our players were at fault other than having the ball.

For the second, it looked like the Villa player (couldn't see who) got the ball off the Arsenal player (didn't know who that was, either). Maybe that's how the ref saw it; he got the ball and that's that. Clever play though of the Villa player (again, don't know who) to chip it over to Gabby, who did well to keep it and score. Nice.

For you, it was unfortunate that both goals came after incidents like that. But had we not scored, you would have said nothing about it. Other than "I hope Sagna isn't out for too long." or whatever.

But we aren't going to be able to decide whether or not Riley handed the game to us unless somebody unbiased has an opinion.

My old man watched the highlights, and he says it was a clear penalty so fair enough.

And for the goals you can't blame Villa because they did what every coach tells a team "play to the whistle". It's just Riley was full of double standards, and you'll never be able to prove it by watching something like MoTD or Sky highlights because they never seem to show stupid little things that wined a fan up.

Anyway today is Sunday, a new day, congrats to you Villan and your team.

Now we have a ridiculous international break, I actually did consider going to Germany for the match because I've been to the Olympic Stadium in Berlin and know a nice cheap place to stay. Money and University got the better of me though.

I went to Cruz Azul Vs Jaguares yesterday. The quality of football wasn't great but my word the Mexican fans are amazing, I've never seen such an atmosphere at a football ground before. Most of them spent the entire match standing up, jumping up and down, chanting, waving flags. They had an entire band in the section I was in, it was crazy.

As for the match itself Cruz Azul won 4-1 and it could easily have been more. Jaguares conceded 2 penalty's and had 2 red cards in the process :D and it only cost 80 pesos which is about £4.

FFS Walcott dislocated his shoulder in training, likely to be out 3-4 weeks.

Fantastic. Fucking hate pointless internationals.

Agreed, whats the point of this game? on a wednesday in the middle of 2 prem games. Such a joke.

Ok yes the national team need to prepare for the qualifiers etc but damn such a crap time for an international game.

Suppose one plus point would be that we can notch up a win against the old enemy....hopefully.

Well, it's a funny old game. I thought England deserved it tonight, but it almost didn't happen because of that howler.

Hmm, so the England goalkeeping debate is still going?

I thought some of the players were great tonight, though. Is it just me, or was Stewart Downing everywhere tonight? Maybe his best game in an England shirt?

Also, Carrick and Wright-Philips looked great, too. Not the first team squad, but I think the team did very well.

Downing for once had a good game, and Terry always amazes me, when he fucks up he always seems to rectify the situation. Be it an own goal, or at fault for a goal, he always seem to go and score. Unless of course its a penalty kick. :P

Some good performances, some not so (Mr D Bent I'm looking at you). The win is what counts, always good to beat the Germans.

Downing for once had a good game, and Terry always amazes me, when he fucks up he always seems to rectify the situation. Be it an own goal, or at fault for a goal, he always seem to go and score. Unless of course its a penalty kick. :P

Some good performances, some not so (Mr D Bent I'm looking at you). The win is what counts, always good to beat the Germans.

I dunno what it is about Downing, but maybe this will give him the confidence he needs? I think he also tracked back well and did his bit of defending.

Agree with you on Terry, though. I don't like, but its hard to not like him, if you get me. I hate him, but he's good. Fucker. :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!