Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mackems building up a team of wife beaters! Who next, Ike Turner?

LOL, Chopra's getting in on the act now!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/2008/08/28/sunderland-striker-michael-chopra-off-to-rehab-115875-20714619/

So we've got a mackem strikeforce of

Chopra:

The £20,000-a-week Sunderland striker checked himself into a private clinic after a furious bust-up with his estranged wife during which police were called.

Chopra was accused of manhandling Heather in the city's Perdu bar after angrily approaching her and grabbing her arm.

Diouf

Bolton striker El Hadji Diouf has been arrested over allegations that he beat up his wife at their home. The 25-year-old Senegal international was held by police following reports of an assault in the early hours of Sunday November 5.

And Cisse

Liverpool footballer Djibril Cisse has been cautioned by police after assaulting his pregnant wife.

There's not going to be a lass in the North East that's safe!

LOL, Chopra's getting in on the act now!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/2008/08/28/sunderland-striker-michael-chopra-off-to-rehab-115875-20714619/

So we've got a mackem strikeforce of

Chopra:

Diouf

And Cisse

There's not going to be a lass in the North East that's safe!

While Newcastle employ that fine upstanding citizen Joey Barton I really dont think they can comment on the conduct of any other teams players.

Loving the battle of Britain match! Liverpool/Arsenal have a hard groups me thinks, Chelsea should make it through.

Rossi will be back at Old Trafford with Villareal, looking good for United!

picture1rd1.png

Actually, all the groups look to have interesting ties.

For United's group, it's a pretty decent group. Maybe now we can get some revenge on Celtic after that 1-0 defeat we suffered from them a while back, where Saha missed that penalty.

Yeah pretty happy with that group. Glad we avoided the likes of Juventus, Porto, Munich and Roma.

Villarreal will be a tough away game but im sure we'll be alright IF we get a striker >_<

Watched the end of the liverpool match, was looking forward to the penalties. Damn you Kuyt so lucky.

Yeah pretty happy with that group. Glad we avoided the likes of Juventus, Porto, Munich and Roma.

Villarreal will be a tough away game but im sure we'll be alright IF we get a striker >_<

Watched the end of the liverpool match, was looking forward to the penalties. Damn you Kuyt so lucky.

Been checking the BBC website all day, and it doesn't look all that likely that we'll be bringing anyone in now. I think Fergie put his main efforts into Berbatov.

To be honest, our defence should in theory be in tip-top shape this season. We've looked ok so far, so it's not really losing games I'm worried about. It's just going forward and getting a couple, from anywhere. Although, I think Ronaldo from last season, and now Fletcher this season (who would've ever thought he'd be our leading goalscorer...hahaha) has set the tone of how we need to be this year...getting goals from absolutely anywhere and everywhere.

I was hoping that Standard could have nabbed one in the dying seconds. They looked pretty good, and made Liverpool seem ordinary.

and we can get revenge for Old Trafford where Giggs dived for a penalty!

Well, it's..err...more of a stumble than anything. :heh:

Actually, I can't even remember the incident. May have to get onto youtube to see bits of that game.

Edit: Just watched it. Ahh, I remember that. Hmm, wouldn't exactly call that a dive, and I'm still not exactly sure why they keeper was even doing that.

Edit, The Sequel: Giggs actually went off after that incident, probably pulling that hamstring of his.

well yeah not a dive as such but still never a penalty, damn Lubos Michel.

Still one of the best free kick's you'll ever see to win us that game at Celtic Park though :)

We would've won (or at least drawn) at Old Trafford too if Gravesen hadn't screwed up twice.

Actually, all the groups look to have interesting ties.

For United's group, it's a pretty decent group. Maybe now we can get some revenge on Celtic after that 1-0 defeat we suffered from them a while back, where Saha missed that penalty.

No chance :p

Methinks Celtic can easily get through that group. We should (I say should since Celtic's away record ain't exactly great) be able to beat Aalborg home and away, Villareal at home, and hopefully a draw/win vs United at home. So long as United beat Villareal, we should make it.

well yeah not a dive as such but still never a penalty, damn Lubos Michel.

Still one of the best free kick's you'll ever see to win us that game at Celtic Park though :)

Yeah, it was a very dubious penalty. I remember at the time thinking "hmm, silly ref."

I've been watching some old Champions League videos on youtube, and that freekick is pretty immense. Actually, both freekicks were amazing. I did find myself watching the one at Celtic Park again and thinking "how the fuck did that go in?!"

We would've won (or at least drawn) at Old Trafford too if Gravesen hadn't screwed up twice.

We would've won comfortably if we hadn't had conceded those two goals. ;)

See, easy. :heh:

.... It just doesn't seem right without AC Milan. Glad Bayern Munich made it back, but still.

It will be a bit strange not seeing them, but maybe it'll be a welcome change. A breath of fresh air, so to speak. They're not in, which means that another time are taking their place, so maybe it gives another team a big opportunity. It should still be a good competition this year.

No chance :p

Methinks Celtic can easily get through that group. We should (I say should since Celtic's away record ain't exactly great) be able to beat Aalborg home and away, Villareal at home, and hopefully a draw/win vs United at home. So long as United beat Villareal, we should make it.

Yes chance. :heh:

I'm hoping that United make it through with very few problems, because sometimes we do tend to make it more difficult for ourselves than it should be. If we do make it, then it'll be an interesting scrap between Villareal and Celtic to see who else goes through. Haha, you never know, Aalborg might piss all over you. Here's hoping. ;)

Not Too happy with the group draw, seeing how we have been playing so far this season.

You've probably got the most competitive group. All four sides are pretty strong, and all have a chance of going through.

Everton have signed Saha, well I suppose Van Der Meyde needs someone to keep him company in the physio room.....

could this mean that united are actualy pretty close to getting a striker, despite what Fergie said yesterday if they've let Saha go.

Was quite gutted when Milner handed in a transfer request, he gets a lot of stick on the Newcastle message boards for having zero pace and being shit on corners and crosses but I've got a real soft-spot for the lad as he always puts 100% in. But if Villa or Everton are willing to pay anywhere near the £10 million (!!!!) being talked about in the papers then, fuckiin' hell, bite their hand off. I like the lad but he's worth £5m max.

Newcastle will only get £8 million of that because of a sell on clause...

If anyone can understand the UEFA Cup draw please explain it to me...there are 10 points of 8 teams....each with the relevant seedings in each group...but I don't have a clue how they are deciding which pot is drawn against which...

Oh well we got drawn against Vitoria SC, portuguese team...

Jesus, Villa have paid £12m for him supposedly :eek:

Reading the Toon boards you'd think we'd signed Ronaldo or something, fuckin hell, £12m? They must think he's going to come good, hope he does for their sake. He had a cracking game at Coventry but even I admitted he was poor last season. The Guardian's 'Fiver' section gives him this write up

Last season Milner contributed a grand total of two

assists to Newcastle - fewer than renowned creator Joey Barton - and

boasted a cross completion rate of just 18.39% - worse than ace

flankers Stephen Hunt, Eddie Lewis and George McCartney. Newcastle

won a mere 24% of the matches in which Milner featured, compared to

44% of those in which he didn't play.

Won't believe it's that much until I see it in print, sounds too good to be true. Even if there's this rumoured 25% sell-on clause that's £9m for a player we were looking to replace in the first team and keep as a squad player at best.

Of course if it's true all that lovely lolly won't mean a thing unless we can actually manage to buy someone with it, pull your fucking fingers out Wise and Jimenez!

We just did not play first half! Nani pisses me off so much, he reminds me of young Ronaldo no end product. Park looked very bright when he came on, should start him instead of Nani until Ronaldo comes back. We so need a new striker!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!