Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather see us taken over by someone like Stan Kroenke who believes in what the current board does and is likely to keep the main structure of the club in place.

Do you really want your beloved club to be owned by somebody called Enos? :laughing:

Fucking gutted Barry's gone. We'd already lost one key player in Laursen. For a club that's trying to get somewhere and add depth to the squad, I'm not sure if this was the best decision.

But we'll see what we'll do with the £12m. We'll see what happens with Man Shitty next season and see whether or not Barry was right to join.

Now I wish he HAD joined Liverpool last summer... :(

..to be honest, I'm glad he has moved to Manchester City already! I don't mean that in any bad way to Aston Villa as it would have been good if he stayed there since the fans liked him and he was a good player.. but I really didn't want to see him at Liverpool and now that he has moved, that can't happen now :heh: ..well, not really :eek:

Strange opinion you got there, nando, I must say. Barry has always been one of our best players in the last five seasons. He's the sort of player that could do good for any Premier League team, even if he was just a benchwarmer at one of the top four. :hmm:

Strange opinion you got there, nando, I must say. Barry has always been one of our best players in the last five seasons. He's the sort of player that could do good for any Premier League team, even if he was just a benchwarmer at one of the top four. :hmm:

..don't get me wrong, I think he is a pretty good player, but I'm a fan of Xabi Alonso and the thought of him being sacrificed for Gareth Barry last summer didn't sit well with me :hmm:

I hope Alonso stays with us this season.. and if Kaka moves to Real Madrid, as Sky Sports suggest may happen, then it is all the more likely that we will be able to keep hold of Xabi :yay:

Did not see that happening. Very bizarre.

Thought a move to Liverpool or Arsenal or even Spurs was on the cards but not City. Money money money money money. Oh well hope you get what you want Barry...Champions league football wasn't it?

not likely

we just seem to be talking to every manager at the moment!

I wonder if the "great" Juande Ramos will be linked to the job. Who do you expect to take it?

I'm still somewhat shocked over Barry's transfer to City. Honestly fail to see the logic there, unless it really is just the money he's after...which I didn't think he was.

Also, why do the Chelsea fans (excluding maybe Ellmeister) only come into this thread when their team is winning? :heh:

= Yaya Toure.

We've royally screwed that option up twice. We had him on trial but didn't sign him up, then last summer when they weren't sure if they wanted him we never went for him.

Hardly going to leave Barcelona now.

I wonder if the "great" Juande Ramos will be linked to the job. Who do you expect to take it?

I'm still somewhat shocked over Barry's transfer to City. Honestly fail to see the logic there, unless it really is just the money he's after...which I didn't think he was.

Also, why do the Chelsea fans (excluding maybe Ellmeister) only come into this thread when their team is winning? :heh:

To be fair, me and Dyson always talk about the matches. So does Daft. But you are always more likely to talk about a team when they are doing well rather than losingish right?

Actually DuD kept the spirit going even when West Brom were going down :p

Actually DuD kept the spirit going even when West Brom were going down :p

I've supported us while we've been in a far worse state than we're in at the moment. These are kinda our glory years during my lifetime* :D

The Lord's my shepherd, I'll not want,

He makes me down to lie,

In pastures green, he leadeth me,

The quiet waters by,

The West Brom,

The West Brom,

The West Brom.

:yay:

(*so far :heh:)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe