Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

A goal in the first 25 seconds, setting a new record (one that Chelsea held previous ironically)

Eh? The record for fastest goal scored in a FA Cup Final had been held for the last 114 years by Bob Chatt, who played for...Aston Villa.

Bloody French. :nono:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh? The record for fastest goal scored in a FA Cup Final had been held for the last 114 years by Bob Chatt, who played for...Aston Villa.

Bloody French. :nono:

I think he meant Di Matteo's volley which was scored 43 seconds from kick off. So The Enemy is correct.

Bob Chatt scored after 30 seconds.

Edit- Villan beat me. :(

Sigh..

I was referring to The Villan as 'The Enemy', therefore stating his original point, with Bobby Di Matteo in third.

Edited by Jon

Nobody could have figured that out. Not even I did.

And you spelt my username wrong... :angry:

Why the fuck would I refer to Dyson as The Enemy

I'm sorry I spelt you're username wrong. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Everyone in this thread needs to chill the fuck out, your stupid bickering is ruining one of the few decent threads on this forum.

We have a trophy, Arsenal don't. Of course Ramar is going to start making excuses and petty attacks on the Chelski!

I thought it was quite a good game. I did fall asleep but thats because I hadn't slept the night before. Malouda's goal would have been highly contested had we lost.

Thank you GUUS! He's done pretty darn good things with us considering how Scolari left us.

Celtic have approached the Swansea manager.

I'll be honest, I'm kinda disappointed that we don't look any higher than the manager of a mid-table Championship team. But he may turn out to be brilliant.

I'll be honest, I'm kinda disappointed that we don't look any higher than the manager of a mid-table Championship team. But he may turn out to be brilliant.

Just read this on Sky Sports. I'm of the same opinion, thought we might go for a higher profile name. He did really well with Swansea though so we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by Jon

Roberto Martinez is a class act, you guys up in Scotland will love him.

Anyway, if you don't want him, you can have Simon Davey!

I don't see instant success with Carlo Ancelotti, I hope that he is given at least a couple of seasons to get things sorted at Chelsea. Clearing out some of the (near) dead-wood and getting in some quality youngsters must be the first priority.

Yeah the club should of least tried to speak with Bilic and Rijkaard. They may of said no but you never know.

Martinez does play attractive football so celtic fans should be happy with what they see on the pitch.

This was from an interview in the times.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/roberto-martinez-the-next-arsene-wenger-1609097.html

"I am very strong in my beliefs, and the result has to come in a certain way," he said. "If not, I'm not happy with the result. It's the level of performance that counts, and the way you develop the football club. If you do it well, you'll get the results. Over 10 games, you have to find solutions, to be consistently good enough. But in one game, the pattern of play is as important as the result."

LOL at Ancelotti signing a 3 year deal. I'll give him 6 months.

Roman Abramovich makes no sense to me. He say's he wants chelsea to play a more with a more attractive style but hires Ancelotti. Ancelotti never played an expansive attacking style at Milan so I am not sure if he will change his ways at chelsea.

Also I not even sure why Ancelotti should even get the job as the last few season he had in Serie A with Milan were not great. He should of been sacked last summer after they failed to qualify for champions league.

I read Ancelotti is gonna get £50m to spend. Why was Scolari not given any money? Scolari didnt get the chance to build his team.

Rijkaard would of been great for chelsea you know.

Edited by khilafah

Boys, boys boys. I come in here every now and then to see your regurgitations of paper-pundit predictions and sofa-based opinions on all things football, mostly for a laugh. More of you should be taking your differences out in the N-E x11 football league. If you think you really do know anything about football, that is.

*tongue is in cheek*

I read Ancelotti is gonna get £50m to spend. Why was Scolari not given any money? Scolari didnt get the chance to build his team.

Rijkaard would of been great for chelsea you know.

If Ancelotti's net spend is above 15 million I'll eat my hat. Rijkaard lost the dressing room at Barce towards the end. Letting players turn up to whatever training they felt like. Players like Drogba need someone to tell them what to do. It's no surprise that once Hiddink came in and started to man manage Drogba he picked his form up. Under Scolari and to a lesser extent Grant the players where left to do what the liked and Drogba, and Malouda where utterly terrible.

As good a manger as It think rijkaard is he would have been a bad appointment for Chelsea. Not convinced that Ancelotti will be much better mind. Can see them keeping him for a season then getting Hiddink back after the world cup.

We have a trophy, Arsenal don't. Of course Ramar is going to start making excuses and petty attacks on the Chelski!

Facts aren't attacks, before Abramovich you'd only won the top tier of English football once and a handful of cups. It pains me to say this but Tottenham are a bigger club. So gloating about winning a cup is just a bit rich. I'm fully aware we've gone through 4 baron seasons now, but it's the bad patches that make me grateful of the good times we've had and the good times that will come.

As for Ancelotti, I'm not going to say anything because I thought Scolari was going to do good there, but I was wrong. Though I do love how Mourinho is mentioned every time managerial talk arises.

A final thing, couldn't help but notice Dyson and now Ellmeister hinting at using 'Chelski', have I even used that term in this topic?.. Unless the search fails me, I've not.

Edited by Ramar

If Ancelotti's net spend is above 15 million I'll eat my hat. Rijkaard lost the dressing room at Barce towards the end. Letting players turn up to whatever training they felt like. Players like Drogba need someone to tell them what to do. It's no surprise that once Hiddink came in and started to man manage Drogba he picked his form up. Under Scolari and to a lesser extent Grant the players where left to do what the liked and Drogba, and Malouda where utterly terrible.

As good a manger as It think rijkaard is he would have been a bad appointment for Chelsea. Not convinced that Ancelotti will be much better mind. Can see them keeping him for a season then getting Hiddink back after the world cup.

Yeah People like Deco and and Ronaldhino got away with murder. I think Rijkaard would have learnt from that though.

I am shocked that he has not been approached by any club in the last 12 months to be honest. Maybe Milan will speak to him now they looking for a manager.

Ramar, what are you trying to insinuate about me and Dyson saying 'Chelski'. I say it because I like to. Don't think you are that special that you are shaping what I post.

Also, I wonder how you would react if someone rich bought Arsenal? We aren't the only teams with huge funding nowadays but you always go back to it. We haven't even spent a lot this season and yet we still won 1 cup.

Ramar, what are you trying to insinuate about me and Dyson saying 'Chelski'. I say it because I like to. Don't think you are that special that you are shaping what I post.

Also, I wonder how you would react if someone rich bought Arsenal? We aren't the only teams with huge funding nowadays but you always go back to it. We haven't even spent a lot this season and yet we still won 1 cup.

I thought that the 'Chelski' was a play on me disliking the russian take over, obviously over looked what you were typing. My apologies.

If we were taken over, I'd be gutted, but I wouldn't stop supporting. Arsenal are a very traditional club, but unfortunately it seems likely we'll be taken over soon. I'd rather see us taken over by someone like Stan Kroenke who believes in what the current board does and is likely to keep the main structure of the club in place.

Chelsea aren't the only team, but they were the first premier league team to be bought out and start throwing silly money about. Silly money that the club didn't make, but it has borrowed from its owner. The club has become Abramovich's play thing, as shown by the amount of managers you've had. But don't worry I'll be ranting about Man City over the summer too.

You only have to look at how bad it can all go when you look at Leeds and Southampton.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!