N-Europe

Football Season 2008/2009

Ramar

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Well done you Hibees. Back to the top (on goal difference)

I know this means nothing as all you guffs don't follow the great SPL, but you should!

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Strachan needs to go. He is a joke and the football is nowhere near the level it should be for a celtic team. Did you see all the empty seats on tuesday night? Season ticket holders staying away as the football Strachan has celtic playing sucks.

Rangers should be nowhere near the title as they are total garbage. Celtic should of won this title weeks ago.

Its all about the Bundesliga and French League 1 title races also. Its so close and both should go to the last game of the season.

Marseille top with Lyon fighting for 3rd place.. :)

Edited by khilafah

Wow, I've got itchy ears. At half time, I was a bit concerned about the way the first half went, but I never thought we were out of it. You always know that anything can happen in football. In all honesty, if your opponents can score a goal in 45 mins, then you can always do the same, as football is a game of 11 men versus 11.

So, second half approached, and I gave Tevez a huge cheer when he came on. I gave him an even bigger cheer when he scored! And, when Carrick's shot went in, fucking hell, I almost died of a heart-attack. Great goal.

Overall, that first half display wasn't the best. Anderson and Evans did not have good games at all, and Rooney and Ronaldo both seemed pretty wasteful. Nobody seemed to have a truly outstanding game.

But, that's the beauty of having players like Carlos Tevez on your bench. You know that they can come on and make a difference. The fans love him, and he probably doesn't score as much as he maybe should, but he gives the team a big lift when he's playing. At half time, we looked a bit flat, but that's where you need to look at your bench to try and change things.

Carrick had a great chance in the first half to score, but didn't. However, he did score a great goal today. We don't see enough of him getting forward, but he was there in amongst the action a few times today. You look at the 7-1 demolition of Roma, and you know that Carrick has got fantastic shooting boots. Look at this today, and you know that he can take a shot from outside the box...it would be better if he could do this more often. Have a go, dude.

Strachan needs to go. He is a joke and the football is nowhere near the level it should be for a celtic team. Did you see all the empty seats on tuesday night? Season ticket holders staying away as the football Strachan has celtic playing sucks.

Rangers should be nowhere near the title as they are total garbage. Celtic should of won this title weeks ago.

Its all about the Bundesliga and French League 1 title races also. Its so close and both should go to the last game of the season.

Marseille top with Lyon fighting for 3rd place.. :)

Can't really say that. The football we used to play under O'Neil was by far worse. We were nothing but a bunch of hammerthrowers. At least we can know the ball about a bit now.

Celtic played bad under O'Neill? Can't really say the same about Villa under O'Neill.

Seeing as before he came, we were one of the most boring and mediocre teams in the Premier League. Now, we can be pretty entertaining.

Even if we did play crap football under O'Neill we wouldn't mind so long as we won a trophy...

The 3-5-2 we used to play under O'Neill will always be the Celtic team I remember. It was the team of Seville, and it was the team that was around when I started getting serious about supporting. I can still remember the whole team sheet:

Douglas

Mjallby-Balde-Valgheron(sp?)

Agathe-Lennon-Petrov/Sutton-Lambert-Thompson/Moravcjik

Larsson-Hartson/Sutton

What a team! Looking at it now, it was dodgy as hell defensively. But having both Lennon and Lambert in midfield, it sort of worked. Then with Petrov/Moravcjik/Larsson as creative players, Agathe bombing down the wing, Thompson whiping in crosses for the three attackers who were all outstanding in the air...

Celtic played bad under O'Neill? Can't really say the same about Villa under O'Neill.

Seeing as before he came, we were one of the most boring and mediocre teams in the Premier League. Now, we can be pretty entertaining.

Even if we did play crap football under O'Neill we wouldn't mind so long as we won a trophy...

Hold on dear.

Was it effective? Yes very much so, it got the results time after time.

Was it pretty? No, it was all about long balls up to Hartson and Sutton for the knockdowns for Henrik.

Well, you probably know that when I meant "bad" I meant "unattractive".

Not sure why I did say "bad" to begin with. Celtic did win about 7 trophies under O'Neill, which is in no way "bad".

I should've just said "unattractive". :woops:

^ Yesterday's post.

V Today's post.

NNNOOOOOOOOOO!

Martin Laursen has had to retire! :weep::weep::weep::weep:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5325340,00.html

Gutted about Laursen got me so many fantasy football points last season :(

In happier news, good to see Leeds have lost in the playoffs again. Going to be some pretty big teams in League 1 next season. Leeds, Charlton, Norwich, Southampton we wont stand a chance of even making the playoffs I'm pretty sure.

*Has an Odwin-style stance on autographs*

However, if you'd said "I have a picture of me with the two Martins", I'd be jealous and would have called you a bastard.

I can see why autographs could be frowned on but I like them, because they are kind of a reminder. I don't get them for evidence to show to my friends, but more evidence for myself. Have quite a few autographs but cba to name them. A few from United, a few from Villa, a few from Pompey. And Rockin Robin, the Swindon Town mascot lol.

If you watch a game at Villa you have a good chance of getting an autograph, it's like THE autograph place. By the wall/gate surrounding the players car park/bus.

If you watch a game at Villa you have a good chance of getting an autograph, it's like THE autograph place. By the wall/gate surrounding the players car park/bus.

I know what you mean. But I've never done that. I always go home after the match. (Read as after the final whistle. I never leave before the end.)

Yeah I don't like it when people leave before the end. Unless your team just aren't trying you should always stay. It's also a waste of money.

Oh and btw I've done 2 autograph signings there and they were both after the final whistle. Still managed to get a lot, like Patrice Evra for example.

Did anyone see Bougherra's red card in the Rangers - Aberdeen match just there?

As I saw it he slid in with a high boot when the keeper was already down and caught the keeper on the face. Red card, or at the very least a yellow and a harsh warning.

My friend's convinced I'm "biased" and "uneducated" because I don't actually play football myself.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!