NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

That was an absolutely pathetic excuse for a game of football, Scotland. We deserved to lose even if the freekick leading to the goal was harsh and we had a decent penalty claim turned down. Absolutely not flair at all in the first half, absolutely nothing. Both Miller and McFadden played utter shite all match, Miller (unsurprisingly) in particular. I've got no idea how he stayed on the park for 80 minutes.

The only good performances were by Kris Commons who came on after about 60 minutes and had a few runs/crosses, Caldwell who made a superb tackle in the box and Gordon who mad some fantastic saves. Fletcher was dire as per usual, McManus did his usual tackle and hoof back to the opposition, Robson was OK, nothing worth talking about, Brown was really quiet - did nothing at all. Alexander was too old and slow a month ago against Northern Ireland... nothing's changed. Naysmith wasn't too bad but didn't really do anything and didn't back up Robson (or Maloney when he came on) at all when they were running up the wings.

While I'm sympathetic to Curbs, I'm not really for Keegan. He was appointed at the same time as Wise, Jimenez et all so he new from day one that he would not be in charge or transfers.

Firstly, Jimenez was not appointed at the same time as Keegan, but later. Secondly, the public and Keegan were told that it was Keegan who would have the final say on transfers.

Dennis Wise:

“I am here to help Kevin as much as possible with bringing young players through and also recommending certain players to him. He will say yes or no. He has the final word. No-one else. I am not going to do things like bring players in behind his back. I am not into that. Everything that happens will be run past him and he will say yes or no.”

The club are trying to re-write history.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, on appointment on 16th January 2008, agreed to report to a Director of Football and to the Board.

Keegan on 30th of September

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7216921.stm

It will work very well. Dennis reports to me - the chain is established.

If it had been established on the 16th of September, how come weeks later Keegan was under the impression that Wise reported to him instead of the other way round? Why did the club not clarify this when Keegan was telling the fans Wise reported to him and Wise was saying Keegan had the final say on transfers?

Hahaha. Was flicking through the channels just now and there was the build up to the Soccer Aid game. They were interviewing Kenny Dalgleish and the guy said "It's starting to rain now, we'll get you a brolly" to which Kenny replied "I might get the sack after that" :p

Is anybody else watching Soccer Aid? I'm honestly enjoying it more than than most EPL games! Hehe!

Yeah, it's pretty good. The rest of the World's second goal was awesome.

Edit: I hate Ant and Dec.

You know Alan Shearer is amazing when he scores a pen in a soccer aid match

ROW's second goal was good. Craig David was looking good too - someone get him a CFC contract :heh:

ROW's second goal was good. Craig David was looking good too - someone get him a CFC contract :heh:

At the very least he would be good half time entertainment. :heh:

Alan Shearer is amazing full stop.

I miss him on the pitch. :(

England does miss Alan Shearer. Him and Teddy were an amazing partnership.

This an awesome match. Like Fresh said I'm enjoying it more than most EPL matches. :heh:

That was an absolutely pathetic excuse for a game of football, Scotland. We deserved to lose even if the freekick leading to the goal was harsh and we had a decent penalty claim turned down. Absolutely not flair at all in the first half, absolutely nothing. Both Miller and McFadden played utter shite all match, Miller (unsurprisingly) in particular. I've got no idea how he stayed on the park for 80 minutes.

The only good performances were by Kris Commons who came on after about 60 minutes and had a few runs/crosses, Caldwell who made a superb tackle in the box and Gordon who mad some fantastic saves. Fletcher was dire as per usual, McManus did his usual tackle and hoof back to the opposition, Robson was OK, nothing worth talking about, Brown was really quiet - did nothing at all. Alexander was too old and slow a month ago against Northern Ireland... nothing's changed. Naysmith wasn't too bad but didn't really do anything and didn't back up Robson (or Maloney when he came on) at all when they were running up the wings.

STOP THE LIES

Burley said we were awesome.....

As for England, I can't believe Owen wasn't in the squad. There isn't another English 'striker' who can touch him. His record speaks for itself. I know he's struggled with injuries lately, but he's the sort of player who could come on and score. A guy who averages almost a goal every 2 games or A guy who averages a goal almost every 7 games and has played 50 games less (Defoe).

STOP THE LIES

Burley said we were awesome.....

I said right after the game that Burley would come out and say that there were positives to take from it.

No, there aren't. 0 points = 0 positives.

Reminds of the Berti Vogts days. :(

get rid of Hartley. The guy offers nothing, for celtic and scotland he is just not good enough. Maloney should of started the game, Kenny Miller is a joke and should be never in a scotland squad.

I would like to see scotland play 4-3-3. Brown can be dynamic in a 4-3-3 formation.

get rid of Hartley. The guy offers nothing, for celtic and scotland he is just not good enough. Maloney should of started the game, Kenny Miller is a joke and should be never in a scotland squad.

I would like to see scotland play 4-3-3. Brown can be dynamic in a 4-3-3 formation.

Brown's never been dynamic for Scotland.

Brown's never been dynamic for Scotland.

Yeah I know that. I think the systems that the last managers used were bad for him. The 4-5-1 is no good for Brown. At Hibs in a 4-3-3 he was a very good player..

Just got myself a ticket for our carling cup fixture against Sheffield United.

I swear some of our fans are terrible, it's bad enough the club don't see the Carling Cup as a worthy competition without the fans abandoning it. You get people whinging games are getting too expensive, that when the club reduces tickets to a tenner no one takes advantage of a cheap game. Not to mention our young reserves aren't that bad.

Just got myself a ticket for our carling cup fixture against Sheffield United.

I swear some of our fans are terrible, it's bad enough the club don't see the Carling Cup as a worthy competition without the fans abandoning it. You get people whinging games are getting too expensive, that when the club reduces tickets to a tenner no one takes advantage of a cheap game. Not to mention our young reserves aren't that bad.

Ramar it is just a worthless cup though.. :) You look at most stadiums on carling cup night. The fans dont really care about it..

Scotland team for tonight:

Gordon, Broadfoot, Caldwell, McManus, Naysmith, Robson, Fletcher, Brown, Commons, Maloney, McFadden

MILLER HAS BEEN DROPPED!!!! :D :D :D :D

Malony-McFadden

Now that is a strike force. Who is Commons though?

He came on a as a sub against both Northern Ireland and Macedonia and was one of only players to play well in both games.

He's actually English though, but has a Scottish grandmother. Plays for Derby.