NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

"I should get out of Manchester as the circumstances are not right"

"Nobody stood up for me and my desire is to play in Spain. Will it be Real or Barcelona? It will be one of them."

"For some time I haven't had any support from my chief executive (David Gill) or my coach (Sir Alex Ferguson). They should have come out in my defence but no-one did."

- BBC

Then he signed a new contract and expressed his love for the club. However that didn't last long.

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," said Ronaldo.

- Terra quoted on Sky Sports

There are mixed signals all over the place to even start bring up what he said at the end of the champions league.

-------------

I know that most of what has been said is probably media bullshit and I do love Ronaldo but still. Clarification where we stand would have been nice.

If you or I got an offer of a good job, being paid loads more money im sure we would go for it and want to move. I know I would.

His situation is different, I would say this argument holds ground if you're not at a Premier League club otherwise its just rubbish. It works for modern day working class people because ultimately we get paid shit compared to these players, and more money makes our lives a little more comfortable.

For example Ronaldo earns more money a month then I'll ever earn. He doesn't need anymore money, its pure greed to want to move to another club for money. So saying you can't blame him for moving for money is bad.

Don't know if I explained my point to well there.

Argh. There are no streams of the Celtic game anywhere and I can't even find a radio commentary.

It's times like this I wonder why we kept Adebayor, missed a sitter first half, went awol for the rest of the game. Then missed from two yards to set up Billy G for the equaliser.

Shocking performance. Need to sort it out.

Denilson on the wing is made of fail before the match started.

It was a game like that where we needed Berbatov to tuck one away. It was a walk in the park but no goals. Fuck sake. Villareal had one good chance that hit the post and thats it.

I think we ended with 19 shots with like only 7 on target. Terrible. Should have walked it. Gah where's the finishing gone? Yeah we had 2 stonewall penalties not given and they was pens no doubt about it but we cant rely on winning a game on a penalty.

I too kept thinking if berba was there with a little class in front of goal we would have won. We just needed someone to tap it in.

perfectly good goal disallowed, missed penalty and first points dropped at home for 4 years, not the best start we've had, but it just means Celtic now have to take something from an away game to progress to the knockout stages

Shocking performance. Need to sort it out.

Denilson on the wing is made of fail before the match started.

Agreed. Was a poor game, but glad we scraped the draw in the end. And yes, I have no idea what Wenger was thinking playing Denilson on the wong. Absolutely shocking. Its times like these when I get frustrated at Wenger, playing players in different positions due to the lack of depth in the squad.

perfectly good goal disallowed, missed penalty and first points dropped at home for 4 years, not the best start we've had, but it just means Celtic now have to take something from an away game to progress to the knockout stages

So basically we now know Celtic won't progress to the knockout stages.

You forgetting the Barcelona game on purpose?..

Gah, I expected United to win the game pretty comfortably yesterday, which we probably should have done.

What we really need to do is to thrash Chelsea 4-0, and then watch as the team grows in confidence...

har har har. :(

That was close. 1-0 down in the 10th minute. Won 3-1. :grin:

We weren't at our best today, but I'm not complaining. The 3-1 is comfortable enough. Plus we've got the second leg soon and we will probably shit 'em there. :smile:

well were actually doing better than we did last season from our opening three games. Last season we drew two and lost one in our games against reading, pompey and city whereas we have 4 points this season so far.

You forgetting the Barcelona game on purpose?..

if you mean last season that wasn't group stages

yeah but it was a close game, Zenit should have taken the lead in the first half.

They should be able to beat them in St Petersburg

Can't wait for premier league action this weekend. It truly is the best league in the world. Makes me all excited inside.

Yeah and pigs might fly. I can see us having a pretty bad season, we just dont have the squad to compete for the whole season. We've got a decent first 11 but after that it's pretty thin on the ground, Strachan must be frustrated at the boards lack of ambition in the market, compared to the Huns anyway.

nah I think we'll get over our shaky start, probably finish third in the group and a run to the latter stages of the UEFA cup (better for our coefficient than last 16)

Just like to remind Noodleman that Zenit lost 1-0 to Juventus:)

Del Piero's free kick was top drawer. They likened it to C. Ronaldo, but I thought it was like Gerrards goal the night before, except from a free kick- same sort of hit, with the ball being nailed in behind the keeper. No chance!