NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

anyone seen the non goal given against Watford yesterday, absolutely hilarious how this was given

Yeah I saw it. Was unreal.

So 1-1 with the Chelski. Quite happy with that to be honest. Yet again in the 2nd half we looked like a different team. Think a draw is a fair result but damn we needed the 3 points.

At least we FINALLY have a home game next against Bolton.

United team bus attacked

Manchester United’s team bus was attacked as it left Stamford Bridge following their 1-1 draw with Chelsea.

A bottle was hurled at the windscreen as the bus made its way across London so the team could continue their journey to the North West.

United officials confirmed that no one was hurt in the incident but the windscreen was cracked.

"Yes. There was an incident but the matter is now in the hands of the police," said a club spokesman.

United’s last visit to Stamford Bridge is still the subject of an FA investigation after Patrice Evra was involved in a post-match fracas with groundsman Sam Bethell while Rio Ferdinand was forced to apologise to a female match steward for kicking a ball at her.

The Football League has ruled out replaying Saturday's controversial game between Watford and Reading.

From BBC, i'm not sure about a replay, but couldn't they just disallow the goal, or is this against the rules or something?

The Football League has ruled out replaying Saturday's controversial game between Watford and Reading.

From BBC, i'm not sure about a replay, but couldn't they just disallow the goal, or is this against the rules or something?

Why what happend in the game?

anyone seen the non goal given against Watford yesterday, absolutely hilarious how this was given

Look at that video :)

Why what happend in the game?

The ball crossed the byline and should've been a goalkick... The assistant referee told the referee it was a goal and thus was awarded.

What Reading should have done is let Watford score from the kick off. But I guess honesty is hard to come by in football these days.

who is The Football League Limited?

The Company in charge of the football league, thats The Championship, League 1 and League 2.

The Company in charge of the football league, thats The Championship, League 1 and League 2.

Thanks and they are the ones who took the video off youtube.

Got back from marseille today. 0-0 vs Monaco :(

Great atmosphere though and my bro loved it as it was his first time seeing Marseille live. I avoided all European results till sunday night as I knew I was gonna watch highlights on Canal+ at the hotel room.

WTF at liverpool 0-0 vs Stoke.. Arsenal looked very nice, some of the football was sublime. I swear being an Arsenal fan must be such a joy as you see that kind of football on a regular basis. I think most Arsenal fans would never like to see them stop playing like that even if it meant winning more trophies. Portsmouth were a disgrace. Bayern Munich losing 5-2 against Werder Bremen at home was nuts!!

Kaka's goal for Milan was sick. Inter look brilliant at the moment.

LOL at Tottenham...

Some pics I took..

32zhse9.jpg

eb1y1f.jpg

96ykaf.jpg

Quick question folks: One house mate supports Newcastle, the other follows Villa. Which team should I support to maximize the amount of potential conflict between us?

Quick question folks: One house mate supports Newcastle, the other follows Villa. Which team should I support to maximize the amount of potential conflict between us?

Ummm, none. I think supporting a team to piss someone else of is a weak reason.

Anyway, cool pics khilafah, I'm quite sure you've posted before (I'm a forgetful bastard) but why do you support Marseille? Quite an odd choice, but I must admit the badge is pretty nice.

Going to the carling cup game tonight, quite excited to see the young players get a run out. Hoping Jack Wilshire gets a start and I'd like to see Vela step up. Hopefully Luton lad Rene Steer gets a shout.

Don't support either team, but do pick on the Newcastle fan. ;)

Going to the carling cup game tonight, quite excited to see the young players get a run out. Hoping Jack Wilshire gets a start and I'd like to see Vela step up. Hopefully Luton lad Rene Steer gets a shout.

Jack Wilshere ftw. I hope he plays. He looks sick! Interested in Vela too. Just needs to play more. I'll try and catch this on a stream if I can be bothered.

Even though you're a sound chap already, follow the Villa. :wink:

Ummm, none. I think supporting a team to piss someone else of is a weak reason.

Don't worry, I mean "conflict" in a sort of ice-cream eating, jovial, between friends, petrol-pump fight, Advance Wars style conflict.

Also, what I meant to say is, what other team besides those two could I support and maximize animosity during games of FIFA? I don't know much about premiership football but they're hellbent on getting me involved. Presumably I need someone to form some kind of arbitrary bastard XI out of Sunderland and a bunch of Portuguese players with excessive hair gel.

Well done Arsenal on the immense victory. 6-0...Sheffield United sure got taught a lesson tonight. Christ...

Also, for those of you paying attention to Man United against Boro...what are your opinions on the Pogatez tackle on Possebon?

my.php?image=possfd0.jpg

I really, really hope the guy is ok. He's looking very promising, and I'll be really angry as a football fan to see a young talent have his career ruined because of a stupid tackle.

Taken from the BBC website:

"After Pogatetz's dangerous follow-through cut Possebon down, a nasty gash instantly appearing on the Brazilian's right leg as he yelled in agony before receiving five minutes treatment from United medical staff on the pitch.

Central midfielder Possebon had shone brightly until that point."

Suspected broken leg. Shit.

From the two pictures I've seen looks like a nasty tackle on The Hair Bear Bunch. Haven't seen it in motion so I can't really judge it, hopefully he'll recover quickly and get back into his game.

As for us, amazing. Our young players just get bettter, years back I watched Arsenal vs Everton in the carling cup. That day I saw the likes of Van Persie, Almunia, Djourou, Edu, Flamini. Some players now in our first squad and others gone on to pastures new. If the team that played tonight matures and grows, we'll have one of the most exciting teams in the world. Fronted by British talent, I believe at the final whistle there was 7 British players on the pitch for Arsenal.

I can't fault anyone tonight, maybe Fabianski for doing nothing ;). Vela was sensational, Bendtner fantastic, Ramsey and Wilshere were quality. And Djourou showed signs of definite improvement, confidence and leadership.

Bring on Hull on Saturday.

Support Villa, there gonna win so the Newcastle fan will be pissed :heh:

Watched Leeds vs Hartlepool. Leeds played pretty shit. First two chances Hartlepool had they scored. Best player on the pitch was Andy Robinson by a long way. Delph played well when he came on.