NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Sad to see Newcastle go down, but all the blame can only be pointed to one man. *cough* Ashley*Cough*

Well, I have to say that I'm looking forward to welcoming Newcastle to Oakwell next season.

Roll on next season!

The celebrations from Hull must feel a little bit empty, fair play to them for staying up but they barely deserve it.

Edited by kyletherobot

They may not deserve on their second half of the season performance, however that's how it has gone, Phil Brown has every right to be proud but come on, you were lucky Duff scored that own goal.

Glad to see Newcastle go down after a truly terrible display today. Fulham in the Europa Cup....you what?

GTFI!

The toon blew it today tbf. The show ON the pitch was proof of the circus at Sid James' Park.

Delighted. :D

BEST. DAY. EVER!

BEST. DAY. EVER!

BEST. DAY. EVER!

BEST. DAY. EVER!

BEST. DAY. EVER!

I'm glad for Fulham, last season they pulled off the great escape and now they have a place in Europe. Good for them.

WOOT! Ricky has resigned too :D YESSS!

Boro AND Toon down and we have a new investor and are safe for another year...

Rumours of more money and a new man in the job is all good for me :) A happy day for SAFC. Soooo relieved!

I do feel for Shearer though - He seems to be the only guy there who loves the club and gives a damn. The players certainly don't seem to (apart from Harper and Taylor).

Villa Fans unveiled a banner at the end saying "sob on the tyne". Priceless.

Happy with the win. Happy to send Newcastle down.

It will be extremely interesting to look at the Championship table next season and see a club like Peterborough in the same league as Newcastle and Boro.

EDIT- Just read about another banner at Villa that said 'Who's your next messiah - Ant or Dec?' :laughing:

Edited by Roostophe

Tell you what. All the Newcastle haters can shove it. Especially Tapedeck the little shit, every other season you've been in the sodding Championship and we never made the fuss.

Martin O'Neill and The Villian can have themselves a massive orgy because we bludy deserved a draw. CAREW IS A MASSIVE PILE OF SHITE.

Good day out at wembley today. Shame Millwall lost. The support was phenomenal even when the final whistle went.

To be fair Millwalls defence was all over the place so maybe the best team on the day won. But Alexanders goal was amazing, If you haven't seen the highlights you gotta see the goal.

And lolz at Newcastle......

Tell you what. All the Newcastle haters can shove it. Especially Tapedeck the little shit, every other season you've been in the sodding Championship and we never made the fuss.

Martin O'Neill and The Villian can have themselves a massive orgy because we bludy deserved a draw. CAREW IS A MASSIVE PILE OF SHITE.

PMSL.

Newcastle fans never made a fuss about us in the Championship? What planet are you on? Everytime we've been relegated it's been hell in the North East for Sunderland fans - just from Newcastle supporters alone.

Tasting your own medicine comes to mind.

Good day out at wembley today.

To be fair Millwalls defence was all over the place so maybe the best team on the day won. But Alexanders goal was amazing, If you haven't seen the highlights you gotta see the goal.

Watched the match, was a GREAT game for the neutral. And yes, what a special-special goal. The more you see it the better it gets. Shame Alexander could have had a hat-trick!

Edited by tapedeck
Automerged Doublepost

If annoying the Geordies is this much fun, I'ma keep doing it. :bouncy:

And why pick on Carew? It was Barry's shot that deflected off Damien Duff.

You didn't deserve a draw today. You were crap. You couldn't finish for shit. We got a bit lucky, but we were better than you today.

Unfortunately, like I said the other week when I saw them Villa play for the 6th time I think, Carew was shite. How he made it into premier league I don't know. Has dreadful touch and is clumbsy on the ball.

Newcastle never deserved a draw, today summed up everything that has put them where they finished; lacked imagination, firepower, pace, solid defensive, cohesive midfield, passion the list goes on...yes there have been fuck ups off the pitch but the truth of the matter is over 38 games Newcastle have not been good enough and they deserve to go down. It's time for a reality check, Newcastle may have a big stadium, big fan base but that doesn't make a big club nor does it mean they have a good given right to a place in the Premiership.

Sad to see Newcastle go down, but all the blame can only be pointed to one man. *cough* Ashley*Cough*

I wasn't aware Mike Ashley was one of Newcastle's players...

YES YES YES!!! Bye bye Newcastle!! :D

So dazzy, top four again next year... :laughing:

Great game for us today, great way to finish the season. Personal record set for myself, today capped off me attending all league home games this season, it would have been all competitions if I had a ticket for the champions league semi.

In other news Pompey make their first signing;

Pompey chimes for Mokoena

Posted on: Sun 24 May 2009

Midfielder Aaron Mokoena has revealed that he will sign for fellow Premier League side Portsmouth when his contract ends with Rovers at the end of June.

The 28-year-old has enjoyed a four year spell with the Ewood Park club after signing under former boss Mark Hughes back in January 2005, but after today's final match of the season against West Bromwich Albion, the South African captain revealed that he had agreed a three year deal with the south coast club.

"I can leave in peace knowing that I've been honest to the team, I've been loyal and the team has been loyal to me," Mokoena told Radio Rovers.

"I am going to Portsmouth, I am going there to play, it is what every player wants to do.

"I have decided it is time to move on for me. As we know we have a World Cup in South Africa and I have to play, I have to play week in, week out.

"So it is going to be a good challenge for me going down to Portsmouth and we'll see how it goes.

"The good thing for me is that I have three years with Pompey and I'll be going there to do my job, as I did my job in Blackburn.

"The fans have been fantastic for me in Blackburn and I'll never forget it."

Mokoena made 139 appearances during his four seasons with the club, scoring two goals including the one against Sunderland in the FA Cup which won the goal of the season award this year.

Think its a sign of things to come, cheap and cheerful...

In other news Pompey make their first signing;

Think its a sign of things to come, cheap and cheerful...

Well to be fair Harry's over spending made you guys punch above your weight, if you don't change soon you'll go tits up.

Phil Brown is a gaping asshole. The singing thing on the pitch is a bit much, but I can forgive him, for getting caught up in the emotion. But his interview after the game, he starts saying that some of his own players are only of Championship quality, and aren't good enough for the Premiership. Reading between the lines: "these players aren't good enough, but I rescued them"

Also, he said something about "protecting 1-0". Even though it was them that was behind. They were already screwed on goal difference, so why would he want to protect 1-0? What good does it do him? Theres no difference to Hull between 1-0 and 4-0, so why was he "protecting" the 1-0?

Oh, and that goatee. Christ.

Well to be fair Harry's over spending made you guys punch above your weight, if you don't change soon you'll go tits up.

Yeah it was never going to be sustainable with the infrastructure we've got. Shame as if we'd have kept all the players we've had we would be up there. I think we just have to shift our expectations and realise that we are now a mid-low table team. We have a few youth players coming through but that might not be a few years. In the mean time established premiership players who are perhaps fringe players for other teams are the way forward for us.

Phil Brown is a gaping asshole. The singing thing on the pitch is a bit much, but I can forgive him, for getting caught up in the emotion. But his interview after the game, he starts saying that some of his own players are only of Championship quality, and aren't good enough for the Premiership. Reading between the lines: "these players aren't good enough, but I rescued them"

Also, he said something about "protecting 1-0". Even though it was them that was behind. They were already screwed on goal difference, so why would he want to protect 1-0? What good does it do him? Theres no difference to Hull between 1-0 and 4-0, so why was he "protecting" the 1-0?

He's a small time manager at a small time club. What's with his permanent orange tan?..

And don't get me started on their fans, storming the pitch like they won the league. :blank:

Edited by Ramar

Yeah fair enough storming the pitch if you get a win (ahh the memories of storming the wigan pitch when we stayed up!) but if you stay up after a defeat you should just breathe a sigh of relief and consider yourselves lucky!

If Hull got any sense they will sack phil brown as they have been shocking since christmas and there is a danger they wont get out of this shocking form they are in. I remember years back when peter taylor had the same problem at leicester. He started well but they fell right off but stayed up, he kept his job but then first game of the season they got smashed at home by bolton 5-1. Had a terrible season and was relegated.