NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Scott McDonald useless, Samaras a complete joke, JVOH not good enough. Paul Hartley a complete waste. Lee Naylor shocking.

All these need to be sold! Why the Celtic Board never supplied the money for a new striker I will never know. Thats all Celtic really needed! Instead they sign Willo Flood who is clearly not good enough.

If Celtic dont win the league I cant see how Strachan can keep his job. Some of his team selections have been shocking. Hartley should not of even been on the pitch today, you need to win so why the hell is a Defensive Midfield player who offers nothing on the pitch for 90mins.

Agree with most of this. Strachan is a pretty average manager who has created a pretty average team - only reason he's got away with it until now is that Rangers have been even worse! This seasons team is probably the worst Celtic team I remember. Every creative player we have has some flaw - Nakamura drifting out and not making any impact, McGeady getting muscled off the ball constantly, etc - so there are just times where you can't see where the goal is coming from. About the only position I think we have sewn up right now is central defense - McManus is a quality player, and him and Caldwell do well together. Loovens also is capable enough. If both are fit, Robson and Brown are pretty good in central midfield, also. Problem is, most of the time we seem to be missing one or both and are forced to play Crosas or Hartley. And don't get me started on Flood's signing. What has he done since arriving?

I thought Marseille were very poor tonight. But, for me the poorest thing were the crowd. Didn't really get behind the team at all until the last 15/20 minutes. Kept disrupting the play, and the way they delayed the penalty being taken by throwing stuff onto the pitch was awful.

Benzema looked very up for it tonight. Could have scored three, at least. And, that final free kick by Lyon was superb.

Really don't like Rafa. As Dixon said on match of the day he made crappy comments about how Manu didn't deserve it and hasnt actually congratulated them in any form yet. Also I noticed on MotD at the start of the game Tony Mowbray had to find Rafa in order to receive a very unenthusaiastic and pathetic handshake.

Really don't like Rafa. As Dixon said on match of the day he made crappy comments about how Manu didn't deserve it and hasnt actually congratulated them in any form yet. Also I noticed on MotD at the start of the game Tony Mowbray had to find Rafa in order to receive a very unenthusaiastic and pathetic handshake.

He's just bitter, and is a bit of an arsehole, to be honest. Really don't like him.

If bad morals and manners could be punished then the FA would have given him a fat-off fine by now.

I hope you are actually agreeing and not laughing at the occasional chavvish term I slip in my posts.

I hope you are actually agreeing and not laughing at the occasional chavvish term I slip in my posts.

I was just saying that Fat is definitely the word I'd associate with Rafa. :heh:

..sulky Anelka or that skitter Ronaldo? I can only hope Gerrard smashes a load in against Spurs.. but I can't see it :heh:

I was just saying that Fact is definitely the word I'd associate with Rafa. :heh:

Corrected :p

If Anelka scores in the next game I think he will win because it isn't likely that Ronaldo will play against Hull.

Scott McDonald useless, Samaras a complete joke, JVOH not good enough. Paul Hartley a complete waste. Lee Naylor shocking.

All these need to be sold! Why the Celtic Board never supplied the money for a new striker I will never know. Thats all Celtic really needed! Instead they sign Willo Flood who is clearly not good enough.

If Celtic dont win the league I cant see how Strachan can keep his job. Some of his team selections have been shocking. Hartley should not of even been on the pitch today, you need to win so why the hell is a Defensive Midfield player who offers nothing on the pitch for 90mins.

Calm down son. Can't slag off JVOH, he barely had time to do anything and when he came on he was the only one who looked remotely interested and actually capable of winning the ball in the air against Rob Jones. As for all this talk of getting rid of Strachan - get a grip, the guy has one of the best managerial records in scottish football, and its only his fourth season. We've had a lot worse.

Calm down son. Can't slag off JVOH, he barely had time to do anything and when he came on he was the only one who looked remotely interested and actually capable of winning the ball in the air against Rob Jones. As for all this talk of getting rid of Strachan - get a grip, the guy has one of the best managerial records in scottish football, and its only his fourth season. We've had a lot worse.

Only because of how bad Rangers have been during his time at Celtic.

oh please, Rangers are not that bad, they've gained more points in the last two seasons than in the 3 years Martin O'neill won the title

oh please, Rangers are not that bad, they've gained more points in the last two seasons than in the 3 years Martin O'neill won the title

exactly, and Strachan can only control his own team. he's done more in Europe for Celtic than O'Neil (Yes the UEFA Cup was awesome but thats be serious) the champions league is where it's at, we were unlucky not to make the quarters against Milan. Considering the gulf in money given between Gordon and Martin and you have to realise how well he's done.

Edited by Jon

yes because it would mean Newcastle or Middlesbrough have stayed up :D

Sunderland losing last night has given us an extra small lifeline. Means if we win (a very big if based on some of our spineless performances) then Hull have to beat Man U reserves and Sunderland have to beat Chelsea for us to go down.

NUFC, Hull & Sunderland & Boro all lose or all draw - NUFC & Boro go down

NUFC & Hull lose, Boro win - NUFC & Hull go down

NUFC lose, Hull draw & Boro win - NUFC & boro go down anyway

NUFC win, Hull win & Sunderland win - NUFC & Boro go down

NUFC win, Hull Draw, Sunderland & Boro lose - Hull & Boro go down

NUFC win, Hull & Sunderland draw - Hull & Boro go down

NUFC win, Hull lose & Sunderland draw - Hull & Boro go down

NUFC win, Hull lose & Sunderland win - Hull & Boro go down

NUFC win, Hull draw & Sunderland win - Hull & Boro go down

NUFC win, Hull draw, Sunderland draw - Hull & Boro go down

NUFC win, Hull win & Sunderland lose - Sunderland & Boro go down

NUFC draw, Hull draw, Sunderland win - NUFC & Boro go down

NUFC draw, Hull lose, Sunderland win - Hull & Boro go down

NUFC draw, hull win, Sunderland lose - NUFC & Boro go down

NUFC draw, Hull lose, Sunderland draw - Hull & Boro go down

NUFC draw, Hull lose & Sunderland lose - Hull & Boro go down

Off to Villa Park next weekend, nervous as fuck. Mackems still singing about Alan Shearer rather than about Sunderland last night, you'd think they'd have more important things to worry about...

Edited by BlueStar

Yeah, in regards to those singing...we have some twats just like every club.

We certainly had nowt to sing about on the pitch. We are pure dross.

We have a team full of utter wasters who have no heart, soul nor desire (and a lack of ability to boot!) I have to point the finger at Sbragia as well though. A "nice" fellow, tactically nieve and always philosophical. Never admits to a bad performance without mentioning how well the other team played. He's NOT a manager at all, he obviously can't motivate anyone, his own attitude stinks.

The players we have are dire at the moment and at times an embarrassment to the EPL. No wonder Keane walked. (Not that I condone what he did). I'm annoyed and pi$$ed off at the club for spending a fortune and being in the same position - well, actually worse off than last year which is very poor. Second season syndrome strikes most clubs though so I guess it's a difficult one to call.

Modern football just makes me cynical about the game in general. Especially when you see the attitudes of some of the players. They know they can just go to another club if we're relegated.

The appointment of Sbragia is almost a carbon copy of the mistake we made with Roeder - a nice guy who doesn't really have what it takes to be a manager, who was given the job on a temporary basis and ended up getting it full time because of a tempory upturn in form that was in reality due to the absence of the previous manager rather than the arrival of the new one.

Also, Fergie isn't going to do either of us any favours on Sunday - sounds like he's not even playing his second string and word is fourth choice keeper Ben Amos is going to be between the sticks

Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Sunderland are unlikely to be happy but Ferguson admits he will utilise the full depth of his squad when picking his side to face Hull.

Strong options

"This is the best squad I have ever had," said Ferguson. "I could have picked two teams and I will be picking a team next Sunday which will reflect that.

"I have a fantastic squad of about 28 or 29 players to choose from with the introduction of (Federico) Macheda, (Danny) Welbeck, (Rodrigo) Possebon and the Da Silva twins.

"I know they're young but they're very good players. I'm as confident for the final as I possibly can because we've won the league so we'll be going to Rome with a fresh team."

The appointment of Sbragia is almost a carbon copy of the mistake we made with Roeder

Truth.

Also, Fergie isn't going to do either of us any favours on Sunday - sounds like he's not even playing his second string and word is fourth choice keeper Ben Amos is going to be between the sticks

Ffs. Still, this IS Hull who have forgotten how to win. Wake me up when it's over!!

In fairness to Fergie, this is a great opportunity to see how the youngsters fair against good opposition. Kinda like how our team selection against Everton in the FA Cup Semi. We needed to rest players for the upcoming Champions League game, so played a younger side against Everton. But, do remember that these youngesters took Everton to extra-time, and Everton even stopped Chelsea from scoring against them a week or so later. So, that's the measure of good opposition. (Also, the team itself contained Tevez up front, and from what I remember Rafael also played, and he's had a great season for us. Can't remember who was in midfield. Anderson may have featured at some point, and we still had Vidic in centre defence. We just couldn't score that game).

I'm excited to see more of Fabio (hopefully Rafael is playing, too) and more of Possebon. Macheda did very well against Everton, and I do expect him to start against Hull. If Foster were fit, he would play ahead of Amos. Even whichever team we put out, we never play to lose.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I don't think Fergie should do that. It's arrogant and he would've fielded a completely different side if Arsenal scored last weekend. I know that's obvious, but he isn't respecting the other premier league sides. Sure it is a decent chance to play a couple of youngsters, but he is taking it too far. He should show he's serious by playing 2 of the 'big four/five' up front.