NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Worst united performance I've ever seen. Poor tbh. Would have liked them to of won as well - them being half British and all. There was no passion there at all. The only closing down tonight was ITV's coverage, non of the United players on the pitch knew how to.

I bottled it in Ladbrokes today, I was a bit short on money so put £3 on Barcelona to win, and £2 on Everton to win on Saturday. Wish I put a bit more on it now.

Man Utd were shite, Barcelona were sensational. Just how it is. Pleased that Henry gets himself a Champions League medal, it would have been a crime for a player of that calibre not to have won the European Cup, although he was his typical final direness tonight.

VIVA BARCELONA!

Corrected.

I was kinda rooting for MU, but after the first 20 mins, they were gone.

noooorway we lost , i wonder if that ref from the semis is getting his medal

shame we lost, but im proud of utd i will wear my utd shirt proudly all summer, ,

gutted but we didnt turn up tonight thats a fact, well done arse,alona

Well cant really argue with that. Better team won.

First 9 minutes we look good, really good then they scored and we just fell apart. Not gonna slag off any United players, they're hurting just as much as the fans and to be honest they all put in a good shift but were just simply beaten by the better team. Well done Barca.

I'm gutted but overall we've still had a great season and the boys have done us proud.

At least I watched it on Sky Sports and didnt have to put up with Pleat all night otherwise I think I may have smashed my tele.

Edited by Platty

would barca win the prem, hmmm utd are better, maby not tonight, but any utd fan should be proud, i am of utd

would barca win the prem, hmmm utd are better, maby not tonight, but any utd fan should be proud, i am of utd

Erm.. yes?..

99 goals between Messi, Eto'o and Henry this season. They'd win it easily.

noooorway we lost , i wonder if that ref from the semis is getting his medal

shame we lost, but im proud of utd i will wear my utd shirt proudly all summer, ,

gutted but we didnt turn up tonight thats a fact, well done arse,alona

Lol, it must be really hard to be a fan of the second best team...

Well I'm glad the final wasn't marred with poor refereeing decisions like the Chelsea vs Barca semi was, but I thought United would've done better, especially considering that it was an under-strength Barcelona team!

As much as I hate saying it after that semi, congrats to Barca, the best team won!

Erm.. yes?..

99 goals between Messi, Eto'o and Henry this season. They'd win it easily.

Indeed and by a big margin no doubt.

David Pleat was ok tonight, he can't seem to get his head around the pronunciation of Iniesta for some reason.

It was just a breathtaking display from Barcelona. I'm especially pleased for Henry.

I'm glad there were no tears from the United players, they knew they were beaten by the better side.

Barcelona are the best team in europe no doubt. Most of these pundits dont watch la liga as some of the comments about barcelona were way off the mark.

All this talk about barcelona have no plan B was laughable. You don't need a plan b when plan A works so damn well..

An amazing team who play amazing football..

Credit to Man Utd for not parking a bus infront of the goal like chelsea did.. Yeah Chelsea you suck!! :)

Pretty shocked by the match if I am honest. Can't believe the sheer gulf in class between the two teams. Barcelona barely looked out of 2nd gear, they just passed Utd off the pitch. So much was made of the make-shift Barca defence, yet it was barely even tested. My man of the match was definitely Iniesta, he just ran the show, taking on Utd players left, right and centre. I thought the ref had a great game too, kept it running when ever he could and not blowing his whistle every 2 minutes.

Credit to Man Utd for not parking a bus infront of the goal like chelsea did.. Yeah Chelsea you suck!! :)

Yeah, kudos to United for just not really doing anything either way. Tactical genius.

man utd are better , we did not turn up tonight , barce played better and won, well done them,

but they would not finish ahead of utd liv or chelski in the prem thats a fact!

put any top 3 team in the spanish league they would win it

man utd are better , we did not turn up tonight , barce played better and won, well done them,

but they would not finish ahead of utd liv or chelski in the prem thats a fact!

put any top 3 team in the spanish league they would win it

no chance. Barca are better than man utd, chelsea and liverpool!

Xavi hit the post, and both Henry & Puyol should have scored too. It could have easily been 4 or 5 for Barca.

When Barça plays well, it does it REALLY well, but they're less consistent than MU.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't deal well with the physical side of the Premiership.

its all about technique and Barca's technique is just crazy. When you have players who can keep and move the ball the way there midfield do it is such a joy to watch.

This is how football should be played. When it comes to technical ability La Liga is way ahead of the EPL.

its all about technique and Barca's technique is just crazy. When you have players who can keep and move the ball the way there midfield do it is such a joy to watch.

This is how football should be played. When it comes to technical ability La Liga is way ahead of the EPL.

And that's why Spain had always underachieved internationally until recently. They finally realized they had to toughen up. That's one of the reasons why the SPL is one of the toughest leagues to play in, it's a very physical league and and you don't get time on the ball like you do in La Liga. Without time on the ball you can't pull off all your fancy tricks.