NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Game's Greatest Games of all time.

20 Super Mario World (GameBoy)

'Nuff said

Almost nuff said.

19 Sonic the Hedgehog (SEGA Mega Drive)

20 Super Mario World (GameBoy)

Sonic beat Mario. That disqualifies the whole poll.

01 CoD4

Is that some sort of joke?

Either it is or it was written by me...

I don't recall working for Game, so I guess you should be laughing.

Seriously, though, CoD4 is, in my opinion, the best game I've ever played. Unlike a lot of others (especially shooters) everything clicks together, and it's very enjoyable to play.

That said, I don't really like OoT, and I prefer Sonic Adventure 2 Battle over any 2D Sonic (the other 3D ones can fuck off, though) so what most people like, I don't.

01 CoD4

Is that some sort of joke?

It certainly made me laugh, so I assume so.

Almost nuff said.

Sonic beat Mario. That disqualifies the whole poll.

No, I meant that they said Super Mario World was on the Gameboy.

Either they meant Super Mario Land or SNES

Either way, they know nothing!

Either it is or it was written by me...

I don't recall working for Game, so I guess you should be laughing.

Seriously, though, CoD4 is, in my opinion, the best game I've ever played. Unlike a lot of others (especially shooters) everything clicks together, and it's very enjoyable to play.

That said, I don't really like OoT, so what most people like, I don't.

Whilst i agree that CoD4 is one of the best games in the FPS genre and Infinity Ward know how to make games, thats certain.

Call of Duty 4 is no way in hell "the best game ever."

Nice to see Elite up there, though only at 22. It still plays reasonably OK. EVE seems to be something of a spiritual successor, I'm tempted to give the 2 week trial a whirl when my exams are over.

Call of Duty 4 is no way in hell "the best game ever."

Total Annihilation is, now I think about it. Why in god's name isn't it in that list? :wtf:

That list is seriously wank-filled.

Come to think of it, I don't like most popular or "awesome" games. I don't like AoE, Sims, Final Fantasy, C&C, Sonic, CSS (EVIL!), Gran Turismo, Civ (got frustrated with the complete lack of logic), WoW, God of War, or OoT.

Still need to borrow BioShock again to get more than 20 minutes into it, and every tells me Deus Ex is my kind of game, though.

No, I meant that they said Super Mario World was on the Gameboy.

Either they meant Super Mario Land or SNES

Either way, they know nothing!

Yeah I got that aswell, another reason that this poll is the most ridiculous thing Ive seen all day.

Agree with Jordans last post also.

More people are on Gen Chit Chat, and it's not a Wii only thing so it would easily get more attention here anyway :heh:

I'm happilu surprised about Shenmue being 25. Port the first 2 to the Wii and make the 3rd game already.

I can rest easy. FFVII is in the top ten.

I remember being 7 years old and living in Germany when I first got my Play Station, and the first games I had were Disney's Hercules, Crash Bandicoot 2, Spryo The Dragon and Final Fantasy VII.

I played the first three to death, and didn't like Final Fantasy at all (because I didn't realise you had to press O to do anything, it wouldn't do anything when I pressed X, and I thought there was something wrong with the game). One day, I just put it on randomly, and loved it.

I just thought it was so novel that you could choose what to say at certain points in the game. Like near the start you can flirt with Jessie on the train, and choose whether to buy a flower or not (I always used to buy the flower, but when I play it through now, I never do, because I always try to get the date with Yuffie at the Gold Saucer).

I literally screamed at the bit Aeris dies aswell. Just because it felt so impromptu. Looking back, it feels like that one scene contributes so much to the overall amazingness of the game.

It has a place in my heart.

Interesting read, and here are some games which i have to argue about that are in that list

01 - Call of Duty 4 - Why, that has got to be a joke ain't it.

81 - Super Smash Bros: Brawl ???? - How is this in the greatest games of all time, its not even out over in the UK yet.

20 + 69 - Super Mario World - How can this game rank twice in the same list. I understand it's 20th place, but why 69th as well.

48 - Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games - Why is my answer to this.

Other than that, a typical list full of some gems that have been out years and years and largely filled with games that have been out for about a year as well. Shows how people rate newer games these days.

Super Mario World was ported to the GBA, maybe they meant that?

CoD4 as no.1 is... daft though. It's great but I don't think it will stand the test of time.

lol @ the list. Some games i agree with there around about positioning but i would agree that CoD4 is not the best game of all time but it is a bloody good fps!

How is that game I don't like higher than that game I like WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE PUBLIC

How is that game I don't like higher than that game I like WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE PUBLIC

I love Athriller

I'm willing to let FFVII being higher than FFVIII slide. But FFX higher than FFVII and FFIX? That's bullshit.

Total Annihilation is, now I think about it. Why in god's name isn't it in that list? :wtf:

TA is definitely in the top 10, what a game that is. Amazing. One of the best online systems ever. The whole planet concept was incredible, especially for a 10 year old game.

TA is definitely in the top 10, what a game that is. Amazing. One of the best online systems ever. The whole planet concept was incredible, especially for a 10 year old game.

I'm still trying to convert my friends to it. Over the summer, I will force them to bring their laptops over, and there will be war on Core Prime. :awesome: