NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
arab_freak

I have been offered a job

So you will get paid to take up to 2 friends to a specific location, have fun, then write about the experience.

Why did you need to think about it?

He probably wanted us to think about it. :hehe:

So you will get paid to take up to 2 friends to a specific location, have fun, then write about the experience.

Because everything this gorm does he has to brag about on this forum like we give a shit if his amazing life gets better.

Because:

1) I might have something planned for the weekend and have to cancel it because I need to review some places

2) I might not always get sent somewhere that's GOOD

3) I can only take two other people with me

Because:

1) I might have something planned for the weekend and have to cancel it because I need to review some places

2) I might not always get sent somewhere that's GOOD

3) I can only take two other people with me

1) As others have said. Welcome to adulthood. And if you have so many awesome things going on during weekends you'll soon need money. See what the contract is like, if they need to inform you a certain period in advance, or if you can refuse expeditions. Yes for the first few weeks you may have to cancel some of your grand plans, but after that you should be forward planning enough to be able to refuse work if you have plans, or make plans around work.

2) Oh no. A job that's not PERFECT. Don't take it. Because everyone loves every moment of their job every day.

3) Two friends though. Better than two colleagues who could be annoying/crazy/stupid etc.

Life is about juggling and compromising. During November and December I did 40-50 hours at work, 20 hours at uni, a further 10-20 studying for uni and still managed to see friends. If you never get a job because it inconveniences your social calendar you'll turn into...well, Owen Wilson in most of his films.

Just for the record I didn't get my job in the end. :( They said although I was "suitible" there were stronger candidates (true, everyone else there was in final year of uni and some had projects or experience elsewhere to show).

The silver lining is that I have more time to spend on holiday and I'm going to focus on something else, which I will hopefully be able to show. I'll try again next year.

Unlucky Sanchez, but I know people working at Square who applied 5 times before getting the job. There's always a bit of luck involved. Better luck next time!!

hahah this is ridiculous. dont take it, arab freak - it sounds like a terrible job. tell you what - i'll do it, eh? getting paid to try out leisure activities?! dont stand for that shit, man theyre just USING YOU!!!! dont do it.

@wes: i think it's that he's here complaining that a seemingly awesome job might restrict his already rather cushty lifestyle to a group of people who have to work hard and make sacrifices (time and leisure activity wise) for what they get. it's annoying... it's like someone wandering into the terminally ill ward of a hospital and complaining loudly to everyone because they have a cold.

plus.. af~ you'd probably be a bit crap at the job anyway, ne...

"today i wanted to go shopping for hats... but instead i had to come here for a free meal with friends...the waitress didnt flirt with me.... minus 6000 stars!"

Haha!! That was a f*cking awesome little rant bluey!! :D

+++ Kudos :bowdown:

plus.. af~ you'd probably be a bit crap at the job anyway, ne...

"today i wanted to go shopping for hats... but instead i had to come here for a free meal with friends...the waitress didnt flirt with me.... minus 6000 stars!"

With that final paragraph, you basically summed up the attitude of most reviewers here in Shanghai.

"New restaurant opened today, top chef from somewhere in Sichuan, apparently. I've never heard of him so he can't be that great. Would prefer to spend my time moaning about how much life has sucked for me for the last 10 years in China. Food was good, but like everywhere else in China, their English was poor. Why can't incredibly low-paid members of staff working 100-hour weeks learn English?!?!?! 3/10"

Basically, sounds like you're perfectly suited for this sort of job AF. Complaining about how much life sucks and throwing down huge wads of cash that you've neither earned or need.

Yeah, take the job. It might not be your dream job, but it's pretty much ideal for everyone else in the world. Who knows, you might grow less contemptuous for the world of work in time.

Seriously though, you little ratbag, I have to work 60 hours a week and at the weekends as well just to pay the bills and have enough money to do basic things like go out for a few hours once a week - when I'm not exhausted that is.

Get your head into reality.

..After much reading, I can now declare this thread is a joke.

Most retarded rant I've ever heard on the intrawebs. This job sounds absolutely amazing, and your more worried about your precious free time and only 2 people something something.

Even if a place you go to sucks, YOU GET PAYED. This seems to be the one thing your majorly over looking. Your 18 now, get yourself some money and make yourself a living.

You'll still get free time at some points when you have a job, and when you do, you have money to have even more of a blast than you usually do.

Mods or some one with power lock this thread, its nothing more than an 'attention plz?' request.

Just out of curiosity what would you consider your dream job Arab Freak?

Basically, sounds like you're perfectly suited for this sort of job AF. Complaining about how much life sucks and throwing down huge wads of cash that you've neither earned or need.

What an incredibly brilliant paragraph. The whole post was awesome, but this, genius.

This thread made my already lovely day. Best spitroast I've seen in months, and it always helps when it's layed on someone like this arrogant brat who really deserves it.

Just out of curiosity what would you consider your dream job Arab Freak?

I'll take this one:

Y'know, usually I'm down with all the "tsk!" directed towards A_F... but to be honest y'all know that in ten years time when somebody asks you which members you remember from these forums, he'll be right up there... If you think he's begging for attention then don't reply, fewls!

On Topic! I am a lazy bastard, much like you might well be. What's the money like? Is it freelance? What quality is this 'guide' magazine? If I were you, I'd take it. I'd probably write shit, and they'd fire me, but I'd get a few free meals out of it before they do.

I had a friend called Kazeem when i lived in Nottingham. He used to have all th best stuff, PS2 on release day, new phones a car before he could drive (or even have a licence) had a huge 5 bedroom house with his mum and sister. Was always hanging around with gorgous girls and was such a show off about it.

Until his mum and dad were arrested for fraud. Turns out that they were big time thiefs, they claimed to have like 6 kids, lived of benefits and the house was a council house. They regularly worked together to rip of phone shops and electrical goods.

I laughed. Im going to hell.

Why does everyone on this forum act like such a dick towards A_F? It's as if even if he did post a topic you deemed half-decent you'd all take the mick out of him anyway.

I re-read his original post...it's certainly nothing to get angry about, and had this been on any other forum I can't see the same sort of hate being directed back at him. Considering this forum is so full of people giving their opinions or life stories, getting angry here seems very hypocritical.

This thread made my already lovely day. Best spitroast I've seen in months, and it always helps when it's layed on someone like this arrogant brat who really deserves it.

It's a shame it wasn't laid down on you by the sounds of things.

Why does everyone on this forum act like such a dick towards A_F? It's as if even if he did post a topic you deemed half-decent you'd all take the mick out of him anyway.

Because people dont like the way he acts on the forums. :hmm:

I re-read his original post...it's certainly nothing to get angry about, and had this been on any other forum I can't see the same sort of hate being directed back at him. Considering this forum is so full of people giving their opinions or life stories, getting angry here seems very hypocritical.

It's a shame it wasn't laid down on you by the sounds of things.

Have you actually read what people are saying Sheikah? Why people are being mean to him? I don't think that anyone can be accused of being hypocritical in this instance, unless you mean something else :indeed:

I see nothing wrong with people getting angry with A_F for being an ungreatful little child who thinks that people should just give him money rather than work for it. His expectation are completely warped and as Bluey, Iun and others have said, "stfu and give the job to someone who deserves it you little shitbag".

Have you actually read what people are saying Sheikah? Why people are being mean to him? I don't think that anyone can be accused of being hypocritical in this instance, unless you mean something else :indeed:

I see nothing wrong with people getting angry with A_F for being an ungreatful little child who thinks that people should just give him money rather than work for it. His expectation are completely warped and as Bluey, Iun and others have said, "stfu and give the job to someone who deserves it you little shitbag".

Why should people care if he is (by the sounds of things) spoiled? He certainly hasn't posted anything in this topic worthy of being called a shitbag, tbh some of the people on this forum are just nasty little bullies.

By hypocritical, I meant that someone in this topic moaned about him posting this just to 'show off', when all the time on this forum people are posting about their lives, things that happen to them, things that they want to share etc.

Edit: also you'll notice he's not really being lazy here, he is just a person who likes advice or opinions on things from other people, ie. people's take on things. I know a lot of people who act indecisive like this in real life.

Why should people care if he is (by the sounds of things) spoiled? He certainly hasn't posted anything in this topic worthy of being called a shitbag, tbh some of the people on this forum are just nasty little bullies.

As a personality, A_F seems pretty narcissistic. This arguement has been had on other places on the forum. And yes we should care if he is spoiled, he comes on here talking about his "conundra" which are comparable to "shall I have tea or coffee?" whilst there are others on the boards who have genuine problems. He seems to have no problems of any substance at all, they are more inconveniences. I think that everyone just wants him to show a little humility rather than saying "oh woe is me... shall I take this awesome casual job and earn money I don't need? It would be a bother... Or shall I just relax and enjoy what from the outside seems to be a pretty problem free lifestyle already?"

He's just rubbing it in people's faces and they object to that. I don't think it fair to condemn the other forumites for pointing out that A_F can't seem to post without there being an undertone that suggests that we should aspire to be just like him.

By hypocritical, I meant that someone in this topic moaned about him posting this just to 'show off', when all the time on this forum people are posting about their lives, things that happen to them, things that they want to share etc.

Most people post things on here mostly because they are either amusing or they genuinely need help (although the "i need a girlfriend" thing gets a bit rediculous sometimes and can often spark off similar sentiments expressed here).

Also, many people have good friendships with each other here due to their participation on the forum. A_F doesn't tend to interract with the forum that much and so has not really built up this relationship. So if he starts an "ask the forum" kind of thread, he should maybe do it concerning something that people will actually want to have an opinion on.

Edit: also you'll notice he's not really being lazy here, he is just a person who likes advice or opinions on things from other people, ie. people's take on things. I know a lot of people who act indecisive like this in real life.

That's not why people are calling him lazy. People are saying that kind of thing because he seems to think that a job shouldn't infringe on his personal time to such an extent that it is inferred in his posts that his personal commitments should come first and then his job. People like this don't understand how hard it is for some people to get a job (and one as good as this) especially when the vast majority of us have to sacrifice a lot just to hold down a shit job let alone a good one.

This turning all flamey and the original purpose of the thread has been lost. Locked.

There are "Mystery Shopper" jobs like that available in the UK too. They've helped out some of my mates during financially hard uni days. The pay ain't great.

Sign in to follow this