N-Europe

Spyborgs

Dante

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh!... well that was underwhelming!!

So much for an 'OMG is that on Wii!!' title!

Unless the people saying were actually saying 'OMG... is that... on Wii?... Looks like a PSP game!'

Just 3 Spyborgs now? Looks like they've axed previous Spyborgs' Kinetic and Voxel, unless they join later on in the game.

Edited by Retro_Link

I think it looks alright. Indeed, it's better than it looked originally, giving a much more mature visage which was what people were wanting in the first place so I don't understand the complaints on that front really. It does, as someone said, give me a slight BG&E feel from watching it.

The taking out of the other 2 borgs hasn't been mentioned anywhere yet so perhaps they're still in there, albeit you meet them later in the game.

If the game allows co-op play with all characters through the game then it'll be awesome. But I'm not sure if we'll get it. But lets wait and see. We've seen one new trailer of it after it went back to the drawing board. I'm sure more info will start appearing over the next few days from sites who have had previews and have more screenshots of it. I will say that perhaps it wasn't the best trailer they could have used to show off the game but there have been worse.

I wasn't gonna bother watching the trailer but I read the comments here and had to have a gander. I think it looks like fun! :heh: Seems like a nice style (cartoony and with some personality), I think you guys were expecting something with graphics on par with Call of Duty 4 or... whatever the latest HD hotness is.

I wasn't gonna bother watching the trailer but I read the comments here and had to have a gander. I think it looks like fun! :heh: Seems like a nice style (cartoony and with some personality), I think you guys were expecting something with graphics on par with Call of Duty 4 or... whatever the latest HD hotness is.
Well if Capcom hadn't bullshitted so much...
Capcom has updated their blog with a blurb about Spyborgs. The first paragraph is dedicated to the leaked animatic footage that popped up last week. It’s the second paragraph that is much more interesting…

The new Spyborgs is looking really good. When people’s first reactions are surprise that those graphics are on the Wii, you know you’re on to something. We’re excited to reveal it to you all soon. I’m working with Marketing to get permission to post a teaser of some kind: a screenshot, a piece of a screenshot, some character art… anything! I haven’t yet found the right thing to bribe them with. Any suggestions?

Now you’ve gone and done it, Capcom. Hyping up the graphics for the second go-around. Are we going to hype ourselves only to be let down when we see what the game looks like?

P...lease!

Some screenshots and info courtesy of Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/5231257/spyborgs-moves-away-from-cartoon-and-toward-ratchet-and-clank

Surprisingly, Kotaku aren't berating it. Yet anyway. Will only be a matter of time before they stick the boot in. :nono: Screenshots look better than the trailer anyway so it seems they could have chosen some better footage.

Screenshots look better than the trailer anyway so it seems they could have chosen some better footage.
Hmm your right!! Question is are they bullshots?

Either way, they look incredibly nice!

medium_3482408759_3a5b5ccfd6_o.png

medium_3483224654_46d25df808_o.png

medium_3482408365_3d08b8e8c8_o.png

^ just look at the reflections etc... some great effects!

Edited by Retro_Link

Wasn't this one of them titles that was hyped (by Capcom) for resetting the graphical bar? HA!

ha I knew it..! they kept bragging about this and showed notihng? I mean why brag and no show... maybe cause just because it's one of capcoms better looking titles doesnt mean it pushes the wii..

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!