Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

UBISOFT's Wii Games

Dante

They can make all the babiez and horsiez games they want, if they're good, that's awesome, problem is they're not good and they're not original. Also, if they weren't hypocrites, it would help. I liked RRR and 3 has some potential, I'll keep an eye on it, but honestly, what Ubi is doing with Nintendo platforms is just, well, something I would expect from EA last gen.

they have swapped really. EA have been trying to be fair.. They add wii specific controls etc to their sports titles and mini games. The graphics in their titles arent too bad not brilliant but not terrible.

Boom blox was pubhlied by ea i think.

Ubisoft make me ashamed to be european.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old article of ubisoft:

Guillemot said the company's casual games business was "extremely profitable" and helped to finance the initially costly development of games for next-generation consoles -- Sony's PlayStation3 and Microsoft's Xbox 360.

According to the Ubisoft CEO, developing a casual game costs anywhere between 1 million to 4 million euros depending on the number of platforms with which it is compatible.

From North American president Laurent Detoc interview:

He acknowledged the Wii in particular has been difficult for Ubisoft to find success with. Pointing to the console's generous sales, he noted that games published for the Wii made up only 10 percent of Ubisoft's sales last year, and added that the company will need to work harder to create games that will "sell as well as Nintendo's own Wii titles."

As others have said when Ubisoft release games like Assasins Creed, Rainbow Six Vegas and GRAW 2 for the 360, all of which had huge marketing pushes, and then sod all really for the Wii with no advertising (I can't remember the last time I saw a Wii game advertised on TV for a game other than Red Steel and the first Rabbids) what can they expect?

(sod all is used in the "of worth" manner; yes they released Cosmic Family, Dogz and My Word Coach but really. They expect big money off these?)

“We saw with Beyond Good & Evil that so many customers were extremely happy with the game. We had a different audience at that time. We had more core gamers than casual gamers than we have today. We think the game was probably a little too difficult for the general gamers at that time. We’re going to make it more accessible and make sure that it’s really done for the new generation that’s come into videogames.” - Ubisoft chief Yves Guillemot

So why in the hell are they putting it on the 360/PS3? This new generation of gamers that they are talking about are all the non gamers who bought the Wii! So basically they are saying that they are going to make a game for these people and then stick it on a console they dont own. Muppets!

“We saw with Beyond Good & Evil that so many customers were extremely happy with the game. We had a different audience at that time. We had more core gamers than casual gamers than we have today. We think the game was probably a little too difficult for the general gamers at that time. We’re going to make it more accessible and make sure that it’s really done for the new generation that’s come into videogames.†- Ubisoft chief Yves Guillemot

Never played BGE but ... haven't I heard the game was short and easy??

Anyway, seems like Ubisoft announced a Prince of Persia spin-off for Wii. My bet go for "My fitness coach: Prince of Persia special edition".

Old article of ubisoft:

Guillemot said the company's casual games business was "extremely profitable" and helped to finance the initially costly development of games for next-generation consoles -- Sony's PlayStation3 and Microsoft's Xbox 360.

According to the Ubisoft CEO, developing a casual game costs anywhere between 1 million to 4 million euros depending on the number of platforms with which it is compatible.

So why in the hell are they putting it on the 360/PS3? This new generation of gamers that they are talking about are all the non gamers who bought the Wii! So basically they are saying that they are going to make a game for these people and then stick it on a console they dont own. Muppets!

Guillemot is an idiot. He uses shitty casual game profits to make mediocre efforts on HD consoles, and now he's dumbing down Beyond Good and Evil for a casual audience... on the 360 and PS3.

Guest Stefkov

whyubiwhynm0.jpg

But seriously, you make games for people to have fun. This is pushing the boat out searching for new horizons, yes, but the main audience for this are paedophiles.

http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html

Awesome article

Centuries ago, men attempted to fly by putting wings on their arms and flapping really hard. Logically, in their minds, it should have worked. Birds fly. Birds have wings. Therefore, having wings should mean man will fly.

The gentlemen, puffed with pride, failed every time. Had they examined the nature of flight, as opposed to the nature of birds, they would have realized the concept of lift (as Bernoulli did). One must examine the physics of the flight rather than putting feathers on one’s arms in imitation of birds. The descendants of these birdmen are with us today. In the gaming industry, they represent some of the highest gaming executives and esteemed analysts.

Nintendo is flying high. Rather than examine the nature of this flight, the birdmen are mesmerized by the feathers. The analysts and executives do not see the concepts of disruption and don’t even understand the Blue Ocean principles (though they think they do). The feathers they see on Nintendo’s ascent are casual games. Therefore, they surmise, if they make casual games then they will be flying high with Nintendo.

Announcment: Ubisoft have announced a new game for the Wii called, 'oldies party' the main objective is to make sure you take care of them, by feeding them, cleaning up puddles of piss, washing them and so on...

With over 80 mini games, this game will please the whole family with it's innovative gameplay that's been used in all the other Ubisoft party gameson the Wii.

You know what? The Nintendo Seal of Quality present in every game released on a Nintendo console should be more demanding. Nintendo should not accept shameful attempts like this and many others present in the industry.

Isn't the Seal of Quality just a guarantee that the game works fine?

There used to be:

Official Nintendo Licensed Seal, which meant: Licensed By Nintendo.

Official Nintendo Seal of Quality, which meant: Nintendo thought it was a good product.

Now there's just:

The Official Nintendo Seal, Which means: Licensed By Nintendo.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!