N-Europe

Rechargeable wiimote batteries

MoogleViper

I bought the charger set that Gamestation were selling a while ago.

*goes to look*

Joytech Powerstation. Works well, I've had no problems apart from syncing which is a bi-hatch because the battery covers the button. You need to put in ordinary batts, sync and then switch out. Hardly ever have to do that though so...

I got a normal thing from Argos a good while ago, Uniross (Unicross?) as far as I remember. Its served me well thus far and I'd say two batteries last about the same as two standard batteries. Its been handy because seeing as there are four batteries, I've been able to have two in the remote with two charging and ready to be used.

i read some scare stories about how these chargers kill the wiimotes. Anyone? i have a docking station but dont want to use it for FEAR

e.g. look at the 1 star reviews

http://www.amazon.co.uk/4Gamers-Remote-Charging-Stand-Wii/dp/customer-reviews/B000OKXCQU/ref=cm_cr_dp_hist_1?ie=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=byExactRating%5F1&customer-reviews.start=1&qid=1211974610&sr=8-5#customerReviews

Energizer 2500mAh NiMH rechargeable batteries, with an Energizer charger. Last longer than normal batteries. You won't need anything ever again.

I got this charger http://www.amazon.co.uk/Energizer-Super-Charger-Adapter-Batteries/dp/B000IWU672 but it seems to be £30 now, I'm sure I didn't pay that much for it when I got it around Wii launch. Does a great job and only takes 15 mins to charge most batteries.

Hunt around and I'm sure you'll be able to find it a lot cheaper.

If you charge up some batteries but don't use them, how long before they run out of charge?

A LONG time. Believe me, I once charged an empty set of batteries and left them hanging for more than a month. When I went to use them a month later, they were still completely full, all 4 bars on the Home Menu.

Rechargeable batteries theoretically discharge somewhere around 0.5% a day. In a month that would make something around 15%. Each of the 4 bars on the Home Menu represents 25%, so....

Nowadays I only recharge the batteries when the ones being used are really low, though.

I got this charger http://www.amazon.co.uk/Energizer-Super-Charger-Adapter-Batteries/dp/B000IWU672 but it seems to be £30 now, I'm sure I didn't pay that much for it when I got it around Wii launch. Does a great job and only takes 15 mins to charge most batteries.

Hunt around and I'm sure you'll be able to find it a lot cheaper.

I don't have that one, mine takes around 12 hours to recharge the batteries. Which is no big deal for me, I just leave them charging from one day to the next, before the old ones are empty.

I don't trust those 15 minute rechargers fully... 15 minutes seems like a VERY short time compared to the normal 12 hours.... Something might go wrong.

I got a normal thing from Argos a good while ago, Uniross (Unicross?) as far as I remember. Its served me well thus far and I'd say two batteries last about the same as two standard batteries. Its been handy because seeing as there are four batteries, I've been able to have two in the remote with two charging and ready to be used.
Yeah I've got a UniRoss charger too, this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/UniRoss-Battery-Charger-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B000GE573A

chargergv9.jpg

My only regret... Not getting it sooner!

Seriously good piece off kit. icon14.gif

I hate to even think about how much moolah I wasted on standard batteries before getting it. :shakehead

Energizer 2500mAh NiMH rechargeable batteries, with an Energizer charger. Last longer than normal batteries. You won't need anything ever again.

I use the same ones! Last ages and so glad when i bought them. I use them for my wii motes and 360 controllers (i have a few of them coz i'm lazy to keep swapping them around).

I don't have that one, mine takes around 12 hours to recharge the batteries. Which is no big deal for me, I just leave them charging from one day to the next, before the old ones are empty.

I don't trust those 15 minute rechargers fully... 15 minutes seems like a VERY short time compared to the normal 12 hours.... Something might go wrong.

As I said I've had mine since near Wii launch, about a year and a half, and haven't had any problems. Had the same 8 batteries powering Wii remotes and things since then too. Oh and it has a fan built in to stop any heat problems that could arise too.

I was sceptical when I first saw it on sale too, but has come in handy when my wireless mouse has run out during work hours. Just stick em on charge, play Picross DS and get back to work. Unless I'm on a deadline, then it's usually, curse a lot and muddle my way through with the keyboard for 15 mins :smile: