N-Europe

Really? Lois Lane turned up, Lex died...apparently, there was all that stuff about Veritas, Lana had the most unconvincing fake death - Peter Griffin could have done better - and then...actually, what happened again?

Edited by Daft

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Lois Lane turned up, Lex died...apparently, there was all that stuff about Veritas, Lana had the most unconvincing fake death - Peter Griffin could have done better - and then...actually, what happened again?

Green Arrow showed up, Martain Manhunter as well, CK went to the phantom zone, he stopped Zod, he's stopping him again. He owned Kane and Lil Bow Wow. Aquaman and Cyborg turned up as did Black Canary, Andrea Rojas joined the parteh too. Doomday said hi and bye again, Clarks got a new very bonable cousin. Jimmy Olsen unfortunately made far too long an appearance. Zod comes from England now. Fortress got destroyed, then rebuilt, then taken over by Brainiac. Clark learned to blow things very hard. The JSA turned up, Clark started wearing a black coat and less flannel.

I've over a skimmed a detail or two.

Edited by jayseven

I guess I find it monotonous because the net progression of what you've just mentioned is close to nil. Clark Kent is still an awkward and frustrating moron.

Best bit was when Green Arrow had a go at Clark was like "I'm normal and busting my ass every night to help people. You're a walking God and you're doing sweet F-all!" Suffice to say, that was at least two seasons ago.

Edited by jayseven

I'll admit up to the end of season 7 very little progress feels like its been made but thats why so many people give seasons 8 and 9 such high praise. Clark works at the Daily Planet in Metropolis now, he wears a costume and actually goes out looking to save people instead of just waiting around until something happens. He pretty much is as close to Superman as he can get now.

EDIT: Also Clark doesnt have a very bonable sister, that would be his cousin who then went onto join the V ranks (I just assume shes undercover trying to find Kandor)

I'll admit up to the end of season 7 very little progress feels like its been made but thats why so many people give seasons 8 and 9 such high praise. Clark works at the Daily Planet in Metropolis now, he wears a costume and actually goes out looking to save people instead of just waiting around until something happens. He pretty much is as close to Superman as he can get now.

EDIT: Also Clark doesnt have a very bonable sister, that would be his cousin who then went onto join the V ranks (I just assume shes undercover trying to find Kandor)

I did realise that after I posted it but I couldn't be bothered editing it.

*Edits now*

He's not really wearing a costume now, it's a black t-shirt and coat.

Daft, I can see why people don't like the show and I won't really defend it as it's all pretty much true. I'm just a junkie for everything Superman, so it's all good smack for me.

Edited by Jon

Daft, I can see why people don't like the show and I won't really defend it as it's all pretty much true. I'm just a junkie for everything Superman, so it's all good smack for me.

I still watch it. It owes me some Goddamn closure! :heh:

For Ashley:

ABC

The Bachelor - ?

Better Off Ted – CANCELED

Brothers & Sisters – ?

Castle – RENEWED for Season 3

Cougar Town - RENEWED for Season 2

Dancing with the Stars – ?

The Deep End – ?

Desperate Housewives - ?

FlashForward – CANCELED

The Forgotten – CANCELED

Grey’s Anatomy – ?

Hank – CANCELED

Happy Town - ?

Lost - Final Season.

The Middle – RENEWED for Season 2

Modern Family – RENEWED for Season 2

Private Practice – ?

Scrubs – CANCELED

Ugly Betty – CANCELED

V - RENEWED for Season 2

CBS

Accidentally on Purpose – ?

The Amazing Race – RENEWED for Season 17

The Big Bang Theory – RENEWED for Season 4

Cold Case – ?

Criminal Minds – ?

CSI – ?

CSI: Miami – ?

CSI: NY – ?

Gary Unmarried – ?

Ghost Whisperer – ?

The Good Wife – RENEWED for Season 2

How I Met Your Mother - RENEWED for Season 6

Medium – ?

The Mentalist – ?

Miami Medical - ?

NCIS – ?

NCIS: Los Angeles – RENEWED for Season 2

New Adventures of Old Christine – ?

Numb3rs – ?

Rules of Engagement – ?

Survivor- RENEWED for Season 21 AND 22

Three Rivers – CANCELED

FOX

24 – CANCELED

Brothers – ?

American Dad - RENEWED for Season 6

American Idol – ?

Bones – RENEWED for Season 6

The Cleveland Show – RENEWED for Season 2

Dollhouse – CANCELED

Family Guy – RENEWED for Season 9

Fringe – RENEWED for Season 3

Glee – RENEWED for Season 2

House – ?

Human Target – RENEWED for Season 2

Lie to Me – RENEWED for Season 3

Past Life – CANCELED

The Simpsons – RENEWED for Season 22

‘Til Death – CANCELED

Sons of Tuscon – CANCELED

NBC

30 Rock – RENEWED for Season 5

The Biggest Loser – ?

The Apprentice – RENEWED for Season 10

Chuck – RENEWED for Season 4

Community – RENEWED for Season 2.

Friday Night Lights – RENEWED for Season 5 (final season)

Heroes – Cancelled

Law & Order – CANCELED

Law & Order: ?

Mercy – ?

The Office – RENEWED for Season 7.

Parenthood – RENEWED for Season 2.

Parks and Recreation – RENEWED for Season 3.

Trauma – ?

THE CW

90210 – RENEWED for Season 3.

America’s Next Top Model – RENEWED for Season 15 AND 16.

Fly Girls – ?

Gossip Girl – RENEWED for Season 4.

High Society – ?

Life Unexpected – ?

Melrose Place – ?

One Tree Hill – ?

Smallville – RENEWED for Season 10.

Supernatural – RENEWED for Season 6.

The Vampire Diaries – RENEWED for Season 2.

Here's what's been picked up so far:

FOX:

RideAlong, Lone Star, Keep Hope Alive, Traffic Light, Running Wilde

ABC:

No Ordinary Family, Detroit 187, Better Together, Happy Endings, Generation Y

NBC:

Chase, The Event, Love Bites, Undercovers, Outsourced, Perfect Couples, Kindreds (midseason)

CBS:

Mike & Molly

Edited by Dante

Greys Anatomy isn't a question mark, it's one of the highest rated shows on American TV, it's picked up automatically. NBC haven't said anything about season 5 being the last for Friday Night Lights.

Well nothing is guaranteed yet, and they're loosing cast members all over the place :p

It'll be back, but probably for a last season (or maybe two). The end is nigh (thankfully as its shit)

Well nothing is guaranteed yet, and they're loosing cast members all over the place :p

It'll be back, but probably for a last season (or maybe two). The end is nigh (thankfully as its shit)

Greys? Shonda Rimes (creator) has already said it will go on till at least season 8. Grey's has a massive turn over of staff but I can't really think of too many leaving, apart from Katherine Heigl and she's been gone for ages.

Unless you were refering to FNL :sad:

Edited by Jon

And that :p

Well I wasn't too far off, its on five now anyway isn't it?

Yeah, wonder it's lasted so long, maybe networks actually give a shit about the quality of their shows nowadays.

Yeah, wonder it's last so long but seems like networks actually give a shit about the quality of their shows nowadays.

That's an oxymoron.

Weepy melodramatic will-they-won't-they bullshit of a show.

RE: Smallville discussion; spoiler tags please!

RE: show renewalls - I like the sound of some of the new shows. Always in need of fresh blood! Those lists don't have Sons of Anarchy or Southlands on - I'm sure SoA was given the green light ages ago, non?

Isn't there just a general rule of thumb that if its old then its fairly free game (unless its huge). I'd understand if it was recent but weren't Daft and Jon talking about stuff that is 5 years old?

Re: SOA I think its got another season, but isn't it a summer show? That could be the reason for its list absence as that list is for the 2010-11 season, which would be next summer for SOA (and as such wouldn't have been announced yet)

Two more pick ups:

According to the Live Feed, ABC has picked up 'Off the Map,' about a trio of medical doctors who set up shop on a remote tropical island. Enrique Murciano ('Without a Trace'), Jason George ('Grey's Anatomy') and Martin Henderson star.

Also getting picked up today is the Dana Delany vehicle 'Body of Proof.' In it, Delany will play a medical examiner who solves crimes based on her background as a neurosurgeon. Unfortunately, her unique ways of going about business clash everyone who crosses her path. (Think 'CSI' meets 'House.')

Edited by Ashley

Did anyone ever watch the US remake of Life on Mars? I never did but ive just read how it ended and it made me laugh so I thought id share it:

At the end of the series, in what appears to be a deus ex machina, it is revealed that Tyler's 2008 and 1973 realities were both fictitious, created by the onboard computer of a spacecraft that is carrying Tyler, Hunt, Norris, Carling, and Skelton on the first ever manned mission to the planet Mars, in 2035. The crew he worked with in 1973 were just virtual reality versions of his fellow spaceship crewmembers. His room number, "2B", is his sleeping unit; his old precinct, "Hyde", and his new precinct, the "125", are based on the name of the spacecraft - "Hyde 125"; his neighbor, Windy, is the name of the computer A.I.; Frank Morgan, an FBI agent in the series, is the Mission Control flight director. To sustain the crew, their minds were routinely kept active while asleep using virtual reality "neural stimulation" programs of their own choosing, but Sam's choice of a scenario where he was a police officer circa 2008 was abruptly changed to a 1973 setting by a meteor-storm induced glitch in the computer. This conclusion is markedly different from the conclusion of the original UK series, but is still left ambiguous as the first step on Mars depicts Gene Hunt's signature shoe stepping into the sand.

In a twist, Gene Hunt in 1973 turns out to be Astronaut 'Major Tom' Tyler - Sam's father - in the conclusion. Just as Maria was estranged to Gene in 1973, Sam was estranged to his father until the very end of the series, when he reconciles with his dad before they step out onto the bare ground of the Red Planet.

Did anyone ever watch the US remake of Life on Mars? I never did but ive just read how it ended and it made me laugh so I thought id share it:

At the end of the series, in what appears to be a deus ex machina, it is revealed that Tyler's 2008 and 1973 realities were both fictitious, created by the onboard computer of a spacecraft that is carrying Tyler, Hunt, Norris, Carling, and Skelton on the first ever manned mission to the planet Mars, in 2035. The crew he worked with in 1973 were just virtual reality versions of his fellow spaceship crewmembers. His room number, "2B", is his sleeping unit; his old precinct, "Hyde", and his new precinct, the "125", are based on the name of the spacecraft - "Hyde 125"; his neighbor, Windy, is the name of the computer A.I.; Frank Morgan, an FBI agent in the series, is the Mission Control flight director. To sustain the crew, their minds were routinely kept active while asleep using virtual reality "neural stimulation" programs of their own choosing, but Sam's choice of a scenario where he was a police officer circa 2008 was abruptly changed to a 1973 setting by a meteor-storm induced glitch in the computer. This conclusion is markedly different from the conclusion of the original UK series, but is still left ambiguous as the first step on Mars depicts Gene Hunt's signature shoe stepping into the sand.

In a twist, Gene Hunt in 1973 turns out to be Astronaut 'Major Tom' Tyler - Sam's father - in the conclusion. Just as Maria was estranged to Gene in 1973, Sam was estranged to his father until the very end of the series, when he reconciles with his dad before they step out onto the bare ground of the Red Planet.

I never did watch the US version, loved the UK one (including the current ashes to ashes) but i heard about the ending for the US and decided against!

At least they thought of something different!

Well...mostly terrible :p

kristen-powers-doors.JPG

Fanboyism aside they did constantly make stupid decisions. Interesting characters were swept aside (e.g. Monica) for boring people (e.g. Maya). Glad to see it gone.

Oh and Mercy has been canned.

Edited by Ashley