NEurope

Scrubs boss Bill Lawrence said his cancellation-defying comedy would undergo an extreme makeover in its ninth season, and, man, he wasn't kidding. When the show returns next winter, the action will shift from the hospital to the classroom and make med-school professors of John C. McGinley's Dr. Cox and Donald Faison's Turk.

"It'll be a lot like Paper Chase as a comedy," Lawrence tells me. "It's going to be a different show. It'll still be life-and-death stakes, but if the show is just Scrubs again in the hospital with a different person's voiceover, it would be a disaster and people would be mad."

Of course, Sacred Heart won't go away altogether. Although J.D.'s old stomping ground no longer will serve as the show's base of operations, the students will occasionally rotate through its halls -- and bump into many of its familiar faces. In addition to McGinley and Faison, both of whom are expected to be full-time regulars alongside a quartet of newbies (most of them playing students), Scrubs vets Zach Braff, Sarah Chalke, Judy Reyes and Ken Jenkins have agreed to make guest appearances. (Neil Flynn has a costarring role as Patricia Heaton's husband in the new ABC sitcom The Middle, so his name-challenged Janitor will be MIA.)

"Med students in their first three years have to spend anywhere from 10 to 50 percent of their time at a hospital," Lawrence explains. "And that's when you'll see some of the [original cast members]. Continuity-wise, Sacred Heart will still exist with those people still working there."

But Lawrence insists "half the cast, if not 60 percent of it," will be comprised of freshmen, one of which will be more recognizable than the rest. "[ABC] is really after us to hire a big name," he reveals. "So one of them will be fairly famous."

Scrubs boss Bill Lawrence said his cancellation-defying comedy would undergo an extreme makeover in its ninth season, and, man, he wasn't kidding. When the show returns next winter, the action will shift from the hospital to the classroom and make med-school professors of John C. McGinley's Dr. Cox and Donald Faison's Turk.

"It'll be a lot like Paper Chase as a comedy," Lawrence tells me. "It's going to be a different show. It'll still be life-and-death stakes, but if the show is just Scrubs again in the hospital with a different person's voiceover, it would be a disaster and people would be mad."

Of course, Sacred Heart won't go away altogether. Although J.D.'s old stomping ground no longer will serve as the show's base of operations, the students will occasionally rotate through its halls -- and bump into many of its familiar faces. In addition to McGinley and Faison, both of whom are expected to be full-time regulars alongside a quartet of newbies (most of them playing students), Scrubs vets Zach Braff, Sarah Chalke, Judy Reyes and Ken Jenkins have agreed to make guest appearances. (Neil Flynn has a costarring role as Patricia Heaton's husband in the new ABC sitcom The Middle, so his name-challenged Janitor will be MIA.)

"Med students in their first three years have to spend anywhere from 10 to 50 percent of their time at a hospital," Lawrence explains. "And that's when you'll see some of the [original cast members]. Continuity-wise, Sacred Heart will still exist with those people still working there."

But Lawrence insists "half the cast, if not 60 percent of it," will be comprised of freshmen, one of which will be more recognizable than the rest. "[ABC] is really after us to hire a big name," he reveals. "So one of them will be fairly famous."

It's great that they are basically completely changing it. After 8 seasons who can complain? Plus, bonus, no more f*cking Janitor. I hate him.

Any news when this is going to hit? Sounds good so far.

Plus, bonus, no more f*cking Janitor. I hate him.

1172491225168.jpg

You're the only one, mate...

I only watched Scrubs casually, watched like 3 episodes total last few years, but I was never overly keen on the Janitor. He didn't add much.

"Thank you, that really means a lot coming from Doctor Who's-its? Now I can tell my janitor wife and janitor kids that life really is worth living.

No, come on, you can come over to my house and point out things that are cheap!" :grin:

That excuse is dumb. :blank:

As in the humour he provides is dumb, most of it verges on either slapstick or him being creepy. He's only there to be 'funny' so he just become predictable.

When did Lost Series 5 start getting shown on Sky again? Matthew Fox was on Jonathan Ross and it was mentioned that it was being repeated...I've recently watched Series 1-4 back to back on DVD and need more!!!!

A few more tidbits are being revealed about Scrubs's future, in the wake of the big news about the show's major overhaul for next season. As previously reported, the show is moving to a medical school setting, with Dr. Cox (John C. McGinley) and Turk (Donald Faison) as professors, alongside a cast of newcomers (most of the rest of the original cast will appear periodically in guest appearances).

Zap2It.com's Korbi Ghosh now reports that producers are "brainstorming a new name for the show", which should come as a relief for those of us who felt that keeping the same exact name was not appropriate, given how different the show will be. Not shockingly, Scrubs will be part of the title still, but there will be more to it than that.

As for Bill Lawrence saying a well-known actor was being sought for one of the roles, Ghosh says her sources tell her Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls) is "currently at the top of their wish list."

Originally, many assumed that the crop of interns introduced last season could become the focus of Scrubs in Season 9, but Ghosh now says Eliza Coupe ("Denise", AKA "Jo") will "likely be the only one considered to return in some regular capacity."

Taken From IGN

As stated in another forum I go to

Should be called "The school of hard Cox" Would be epic

Edit:

it's a weird all day today, Fulller quits Heroes

Edited by arnold

David Cross is make a UK comedy with Will Arnett (Gobias Industries is back) and Spike Jonze. Its about a US exec (Cross) who is sent to run the UK branch.

Details.

David Cross is make a UK comedy with Will Arnett (Gobias Industries is back) and Spike Jonze. Its about a US exec (Cross) who is sent to run the UK branch.

Details.

..............................OMG.....!!!!!!!

This sounds ridiculously good.

Edited by ReZourceman

A) Don't know how I missed that thread.

B) I'm awesome.

C) Looks pretty definitive.